Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2010-11-22, 9:14 AM   #3001
Windansea
Banned

AKA: Morrigangrrl, Quenya, Sink the Bismarck!

Knee surgery should not be life threatening, that's not very fair.
Windansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 9:19 AM   #3002
Default_Messiah
Bustin' pots & octorocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagepin View Post
I'm officially done with November. It's been a shitty month.

My grandmother fell and broke her hip and fractured her elbow about two weeks ago. We lost my cousin to an embolism from his knee surgery a day later. My parents went down to Knoxville for the funeral, and on the way back they hit a deer at about 70mph. Wrecked their car, but they were ok. On Friday, my grandmother passed away from complications from the hip surgery. I just found out that last night, we also lost a very close family friend (she was basically like a grandmother to me, but my family "adopts" a lot of people).

I'm just done. Three deaths in two weeks (thankfully not 5) had kinda sucked all the holiday cheer out of me.
God, I'm so sorry..

Reality Ajar ~ Society 6 Store
Default_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 5:17 PM   #3003
Kandria
The Woof is a Lie

My ex, is yet again trying to FB friend me. I've already made it CLEAR as glass that I want nothing to do with him ever fucking again. He's blocked on every messenger name he makes to try to talk to me, has been threatened with a restringing order when we broke up because he was actually threatening my life over it.
Yet he makes new AIM/YIM/MSN accounts to try to talk to me, and then snaps at me like years later it's going to make things better. His last contact was to tell me he's engaged, and then he STILL tried to follow it up with that he still loved me.
I'm not the vengful type but I'm almost to the point of wanting to fucking hire someone to rough him up out in NJ (nothing broken, or whatever, just leave this girlt he FUCK alone rough up.
I even have told FB to block all his request so what does he do? Makes an alis, friend requests, then links it to his main account so I can see it's him.

I'm just beyond pissed that he won't leave me the FUCK alone when I made it clear years ago I was done with his childish bullshit.

I have one friend telling me I should PM his fiancee on FB and ask her, to tell him to leave me alone, however to me it seems a bit over the top. I don't want to ruin her life, because he's an asshat, but really other then filing a restraining order (I still have the threats documented and saved) I'm not sure what to do to get Sir asshole off my back. Ignoring/blocking and saying nothing to him but "I do not wish to talk to, or otherwise communcare with you again" isn't working
Inbox is always open, for pet related questions. I work as a vet tech for a rescue. I will try to give you a minor over the internet diagnostics for pet issues, but Obligatory *I am not a vet, I can only give advice* Do not use me as a substitute for a real professional, or a face to face consultation. When in doubt, SEE A LICENSED VET
Kandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 7:40 PM   #3004
Dax
Banned

Don't threaten a retraining order. GET a restrainer order.

Threats with no follow through just lets him know he can be a prick without consequence.

Don't respond to him. At all. Even to say go away. You have already made your wishes known.

Last edited by Dax; 2010-11-22 at 7:44 PM.
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 7:48 PM   #3005
Bester
Returning Mighty Pirate

Facebook also has a block/hide option. There are a few people I used to know that would never even see me in a search. Of course the ones I"m hiding from aren't the type to log out, or make a smurf to find me.
Old 2010-11-22, 7:50 PM   #3006
Benjamin
On a Righteous Path

AKA: PomPom

Yeah, you can make it so it basically looks (to him) like you don't exist on facebook.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 8:44 PM   #3007
Lapak
Happiness Is Mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Don't threaten a retraining order. GET a restrainer order.
This. Definitely this.
Lapak is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 8:58 PM   #3008
Phoenix-D
Who will you trust?

Oh man stagepin.
Phoenix-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 8:58 PM   #3009
HazeSti
That other costume is just a phase...

Yeah, get the order. It sounds like he's only stalking you online, and the order can't really help with that (well, I'm not sure, I haven't gone as far checking into it, if it's only a physical restriction, or if it forbids online contact as well).

But it will send a strict message, that you really, fucking mean it.

Contacting the fiancée doesn't sound like a good idea. It would you cause bullshit drama, she could just think you're the one who's obessive and not over him and you're trying to ruin their relationship, or you could get him pissed at you, without anything to back you up.

You've done your part in giving him the fair warning. If he didn't take it seriously, it's just too bad for him.

I still don't understand those kind of people's train of though.

Hit me up on msn or in pms if you need to talk. I... know what you're going through.
Old 2010-11-23, 2:00 AM   #3010
Kapitän Kälte
Misanthropy on the rise

I will start selling my genome or whatever for science to distill a "female repellent spray". It will succeed 100 % of the time, it seems.

Kapitän Kälte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 3:06 AM   #3011
Kandria
The Woof is a Lie

The only reason I have not, is I need to draw up proof his online aliases are in fact him. No TOO hard to do since all but one name, has his real last name as part of it.

Contacting the Fiancee wasn't to be mean, it's simply more of a hell hath no fury like a women. I was polite and simply gave her the facts, and asked for her help to get him to back off me.

Some states, and I believe MN is one, does allow for a e-clause that covers online contact, it's just a matter of proving it's the person.
He is blocked on face book, and I don't appear to the public, however he knows some of my friends and I'm assuming he's either getting my page from clicking their friends list, OR, he's using my e-mail. I have him blocked under the "I don't know this person" so he just makes an alias account, requests, then links it to his main so I can see it's him.
He's blocked on everything, he just makes new accounts to 'contact me' I used to be in contact with his mom and even she said "you know how he is, if you block him, it just pisses him off and he'll find a way around it"

I'm just, irked... I'll start gathering my evidence tonight and make sure I have everything I need to file.
Inbox is always open, for pet related questions. I work as a vet tech for a rescue. I will try to give you a minor over the internet diagnostics for pet issues, but Obligatory *I am not a vet, I can only give advice* Do not use me as a substitute for a real professional, or a face to face consultation. When in doubt, SEE A LICENSED VET
Old 2010-11-23, 3:16 AM   #3012
Aries Walker
will consider it.

Echoing everyone else: Get the RO. Don't respond to him any more about anything. Document it all. If he breaks it, get him arrested. Eventually the escalation will get through.

Oh, and I hope you do this anyway, but lock all of your doors and windows at night. Fix broken screens or storm doors or whatever other wacky things people overlook but which Bad Guys can walk right through. Be careful walking alone at night (try not to do it if you can). Have your keys in your hand.

It will probably all be for nothing, but that 1/1000 chance that it is something is pretty horrifying.
Aries Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 3:29 AM   #3013
Kandria
The Woof is a Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
Echoing everyone else: Get the RO. Don't respond to him any more about anything. Document it all. If he breaks it, get him arrested. Eventually the escalation will get through.

Oh, and I hope you do this anyway, but lock all of your doors and windows at night. Fix broken screens or storm doors or whatever other wacky things people overlook but which Bad Guys can walk right through. Be careful walking alone at night (try not to do it if you can). Have your keys in your hand.

It will probably all be for nothing, but that 1/1000 chance that it is something is pretty horrifying.
He's over 1,000 miles away and refuses to drive, or fly. He used to take the bus to get here and the nearest stop, he'd have no way to get to my house from (cab would not go out this far) so unless the wife-to-be helps him, I'm not worried.

However we lock all doors/windows at night, and my room is actually in the basement and, well not to .. er speak ill, he he'd not fit in an egress window.
My dog sleeps with me, and we have fosters cats/dogs in the house, anyone tries to get in here and we're awake and aware before they can find us in the dark.
Having someone that abused me as a kid who lives in the area, has made me highly sensitive, I even scan the inside of my car before I get in, and lock the doors once I'm in. Lock them when I'm not in it as well. I'm the overly paranoid type because the one time I wasn't, someone held me at gunpoint (at my mailbox).
Old 2010-11-23, 7:28 AM   #3014
Shriketastic
Slurpalicious

AKA: Dumbass McBootarse

Going to take my application test in about an hour. Really goddamn nervous; I hate this job, I need the other one, the money and benefits will be *amazing* nice.

I hope I don't fuck up. Or forget to bring a detail that'll end with them going "LOL sorry you didn't bring your birth certificate"
Old 2010-11-23, 4:56 PM   #3015
Requesting Bear
ZomBear

So I had dinner plans at a friends house tonight. It's 6. I'm still at work. Traffic is fucking stupid as fuck because of fucking thanksgiving, and now I won't get to hang out with my friends because it would literally take 4 hours to go 30 miles.

On top of the rest of this week, this whole fucking holiday season, awesome.

I hate this time of year. Even more right fucking now.
Requesting Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 5:06 PM   #3016
Colossal
The loveliest of smiles.

Yeah, I got through before things really locked down, but it was already pretty bad by the time I was heading home (4:15). On the plus side, There won't be as much traffic tomorrow and I'll have the office more or less to myself.

When I went for the tires, I found out my alignment was all kinds of out of whack, which of course made an expensive trip to Kauffman even pricier. I'm going to end up decimating my convention/ren fest/travel fund to get through Christmas shopping, so my travel plans for the years have changed considerably.
Colossal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 5:17 PM   #3017
Templar
Kaaaa-nigit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagepin View Post
I'm officially done with November. It's been a shitty month.

My grandmother fell and broke her hip and fractured her elbow about two weeks ago. We lost my cousin to an embolism from his knee surgery a day later. My parents went down to Knoxville for the funeral, and on the way back they hit a deer at about 70mph. Wrecked their car, but they were ok. On Friday, my grandmother passed away from complications from the hip surgery. I just found out that last night, we also lost a very close family friend (she was basically like a grandmother to me, but my family "adopts" a lot of people).

I'm just done. Three deaths in two weeks (thankfully not 5) had kinda sucked all the holiday cheer out of me.
Geez, Stage, I hope shit turns around for you.
Old 2010-11-24, 1:09 AM   #3018
Sully
Victim of the Muses

AKA: apollonike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requesting Bear View Post
it would literally take 4 hours to go 30 miles.
At that point just get on a bicycle.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 8:51 AM   #3019
Bylak
Angriest of elves

Why is it that I choose to be the way that I am and always find myself in these shitty shitty situations at school?! Instead of stuggling with one class I'm now looking at potentially failing two of my classes.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Bylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 11:49 AM   #3020
Sully
Victim of the Muses

AKA: apollonike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bylak View Post
Why is it that I choose to be the way that I am and always find myself in these shitty shitty situations at school?! Instead of stuggling with one class I'm now looking at potentially failing two of my classes.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
You eventually break through.

It took me a few years and a few tries at college.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 11:55 AM   #3021
Inspector Spacetime
in my DARSIT

AKA: KaePes, MoxiePoppet, Track 6

I just got a rejection letter from a job I really wanted, and the ongoing piece I usually do for AOL isn't possible this go around because the Gap hates the South.

Old 2010-11-24, 2:21 PM   #3022
Andy
A REPUTABLE POSTOLOGIST

AKA: Parma Mango, Make Big Plays, TANK!

Proverbial millimeters from telling my ex to go fuck himself and taking his (read: my) car. After buying the Mazda that he's been driving with the money that came from the car that I paid off, he agreed to make payments on the Vibe (which is in both of our names).

He hasn't been making payments and told me today that he doesn't see why he should pay for a car he's not driving.

UM, BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SAID YOU WOULD? AND THAT MAZDA'S ONLY IN MY NAME, DIPSHIT. GOOD LUCK TEACHING YOURSELF TO DRIVE A STICK.
Old 2010-11-25, 12:38 AM   #3023
Darius Sontag
Emperor of the Idiots

AKA: Shadoer

So when my father passed away almost 8 months ago, I decided I'd live with my mother because she needed help and well family should stick together in hard times.

God fuck do I regret this.

So my work space is a bit of a mess, however it's one of those organized messes. Invoices needed to be sent out are in one pile, receipts are in another pile, check book and other bank stuff are towards the right, ect, ect. It works for me, whatever.

Well my mother decided to help me and cleaned it. And by clean, I mean take all of these "useless" documents and stick them in random boxes in the basement.

Now I can't find a bunch of my receipts, and the ones I have found are mixed up between different things so I don't know what they are for. Invoices have to be reprinted as I figure out what has or hasn't been sent out yet. And I can't find any of my check books or my passport or my business licence. So either I have to re-order all of these, or I have to figure out the special place where she put my important documents. Oh and the year end is coming up so I have to start getting ready to file all of this shit.

But of coarse this is all my fault because I lead a messy disorganized life so I should be happy she cleaned it up for me. Like if I was 12 and she cleaned my room for me. Heck, she doesn't understand why I'm mad.

And this is the latest annoying thing. I want to have a New Years Eve Party... oh wait, I can't because she's staying at home for New Years and just expects to go to my party. Cause you know a religious Catholic is going to have a lot in common with the drunken debauchery of twenty somethings. Can't have friends over because she always buts in. She's nagging me, always telling me to eat, giving the dog raw meat because she thinks it's good for the dog along with cheese, putting out glue mouse traps because they are "non-lethal", letting food rot in the fridge because she doesn't want to throw it away but she keeps buying too much.

I definitely want to move out but on the other hand, she'd literally be all alone and wouldn't be able to support things like the house. At the same time, she's driving me batshit nuts. ARGH!
Old 2010-11-25, 12:41 AM   #3024
Inspector Spacetime
in my DARSIT

AKA: KaePes, MoxiePoppet, Track 6

Move out but stay close enough to visit several times a week.
Old 2010-11-25, 8:46 AM   #3025
shonukem
IM A SHARK

And it's official. This is the worst fucking year ever. Between everything that has gone on this year I was hoping, PRAYING to have a good Thanksgiving to maybe return to some sense of normality.

Just started getting everything set to cook thanksgiving dinner and..... the oven isn't working.

It was working just fine last night when I cooked some pizza.

FUCK 2010. I want a do over.

Wow Characters
Notuo: 70 Night Elf Druid Darkspear Server
Haliare: 70 Human Mage Darkspear
shonukem is offline   Reply With Quote