Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2010-11-03, 6:14 PM   #2651
Gliss
=O

That sucks dude. It happens and hopefully its not as bad as you think, reputation-wise, but damn.
Old 2010-11-03, 6:16 PM   #2652
Windansea
Banned

AKA: Morrigangrrl, Quenya, Sink the Bismarck!

Chin up, templar
Windansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 7:24 PM   #2653
Napalm Morning
Likes when things go BOOM!

I got an e-mail the other day saying that I didn't make it into the development program that worked so hard to apply to. I'm worried about classes. I need to start applying for jobs for after I graduate and I'm scared.
Old 2010-11-03, 8:33 PM   #2654
Templar
Kaaaa-nigit

Welp, it looks like that error is worth about 10Gs, so yeah, the hit to the owner's confidence in my work is going to be way worse than the actual cost in dollars. Assuming I keep my job, of course. Getting to sleep tonight is going to be good times.
Old 2010-11-03, 9:24 PM   #2655
Griff

Sorry to hear, Templar. Hang in there, man.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 9:26 PM   #2656
w3nch
feral and preposterous

Wow, I'm so sorry, Templar.
w3nch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 9:31 PM   #2657
Marcipan
buzz buzz buzz

AKA: Zea

I'm sorry, Templar. I hope all the otherwise fantastic work you've done makes your boss realize just what you're worth. good luck.
Old 2010-11-04, 7:20 AM   #2658
Tatertotpixie
alco-choco-coffee-holic

I fucking hate insomnia. I have a hormonal imbalance to begin with which prompts me to take about a half pill of melatonin most nights. I got a cough from my claritin not working, then got prescribed an expectorant w/ codeine, and allegra to substitute for the claritin in the mornings. Cut to 3 weeks later, I just finished a Z-pack, I have 2 days left on taking prednisone each morning, and was prescribed Hydrocodone with Chlorpheniramine in it, to help suppress enough coughing to sleep during the worst nights. Yesterday was almost no coughing, thought I had pretty much kicked this so went to bed wed night on just my normal melatonin dose (took around 11pm)... was up well past 230. Woke back up at 5am, coughing and noticing post nasal drip, took the hydrocodone/antihistamine and the drip has decreased but sleep is still refusing to come. I shoulda took a friggin benadryl, but I've even seen that not work on several occasions.
I guess this is less insomnia and moreso trying to keep my days/nights from getting mixed up, as I'm sleeping later & later each morning (creeping into afternoon) because not getting enough rest at night. I've struggled with this most of my life, I never have trouble sleeping during the early mornings when I can't/don't sleep at night, so its not insomnia per-se. I think I have some stupid nocturnal gene somewhere, or part vampire or something BLAH
/sleep deprived rant

Gmail Facebook "With great cleavage comes great responsibility"

Jamie is the result of creative genius of Danielle Corsetto artist/creator of GWS
Tatertotpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 8:56 AM   #2659
Lapak
Happiness Is Mandatory

Raaagh. Huge scratch down the side of my nice new car. The old car, which was dented and beaten before I got it? I put 70,000 miles on it without ever putting a scratch on it. The nice new car? First NEW car I've ever owned? Didn't even get to its first oil change.

Stupid moving trucks, parking to block my driveway. Stupid me, not watching out for the bumper below my field of vision. This sucks.
Lapak is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 9:16 AM   #2660
Sprint
Slartabartfast

Welp, the one good thing in my life in the midst of my two month shit tsunami just left, and I am oddly at peace with it. Bring on the rectal cancer, life. I'm ready.
Sprint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 9:39 AM   #2661
Templar
Kaaaa-nigit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Welp, the one good thing in my life in the midst of my two month shit tsunami just left, and I am oddly at peace with it. Bring on the rectal cancer, life. I'm ready.
Damn, what happened? Is this the same thing you were so jazzed about when we talked early last month?
Old 2010-11-04, 9:40 AM   #2662
stagepin
Hanging out backstage

Inventory's coming out all crappy. Now comes the meticulous combing through a 191 page list and crawling around the warehouse to find the 30 or 40 grand that's missing.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:00 PM   #2663
sorri
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtgamerz View Post
Just saw a woman and her brood of children slam their doors into my car when leaving a Subway. When I stopped her to talk, she just glared at me and said, "not my problem".
Man, I absolutely hate that kind of thing. If there was any damage at all (and you had the time), I hope you called to report it. Nothing says "yes, it is your problem" like some nice fines...

Personally, if there was little to no damage, and the person was nice about it I'd just blow it off. But when someone damages my stuff and acts like it doesn't matter or them causing damage is not their fault, that just ticks me off.
Old 2010-11-04, 4:49 PM   #2664
Templar
Kaaaa-nigit

I will never understand the people I work for. They shrugged that shit off like it was no big deal. I am astonished, frankly.
Old 2010-11-04, 4:51 PM   #2665
Ash Plissken
Lobe-tweakingest man alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I will never understand the people I work for. They shrugged that shit off like it was no big deal. I am astonished, frankly.
I suspect that Marcipan nailed it.
Old 2010-11-04, 4:51 PM   #2666
Gliss
=O

Everyone makes mistakes man, if you are as good as you style yourself, who would gain by losing you to a mistake you're not about to make again
Old 2010-11-04, 4:56 PM   #2667
meowster
Say no to the chip!

Mistakes happen. You learn from them and know better than to make that mistake again.

I had made a mistake a work that resulted in a person not getting paid on time (not that huge of a deal, but still certainly annoying to that person). My boss just says to me I know that won't happen again. And it certainly hasn't.
Old 2010-11-04, 5:02 PM   #2668
Benjamin
I get it

AKA: PomPom

Quote:
It means you work for competent people that understand human beings make mistakes.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 5:07 PM   #2669
Sprint
Slartabartfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Erle View Post
It means you work for competent people that understand human beings make mistakes.
or they're fickle and wildly inconsistent.
Sprint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 5:13 PM   #2670
Templar
Kaaaa-nigit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
or they're fickle and wildly inconsistent.
Considering the main partner has been known to have complete psychobilly freakouts over the most trivial crap, this is kind of where I am coming from.
Old 2010-11-04, 5:21 PM   #2671
Inspector Spacetime
in my DARSIT

AKA: KaePes, MoxiePoppet, Track 6

Quote:
If your track record is as great as you say it is, they're probably not looking to rake you over the coals for your first mistake--even if it's an expensive one.
Old 2010-11-05, 12:09 AM   #2672
build me a star
Doesn't hate you

It sucks finding out that someone you thought was one of your best friends has actually been playing you and your OTHER best friend against each other for months and slowly poisoning your friendship with her.

Thank god we finally figured it out and managed to salvage our friendship and get rid of the friend who was being so toxic... but still, UGH. He came so close to destroying our friendship. I'm still reeling. What is WRONG with some people? I really trusted that kid.

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 12:11 AM   #2673
Inspector Spacetime
in my DARSIT

AKA: KaePes, MoxiePoppet, Track 6

In my experience, some people really can see you having other friends as a threat. Why exactly, I don't know. Self-esteem problems . . . probably.
Old 2010-11-05, 12:59 PM   #2674
Ringo
Lunch is NOT served

Today is my wife's last day at work, we knew that was coming. Just heard that it now might be mine, either today or next Friday. Maybe. Management has decided not to say, just do it when they need to.

Really getting sick of things going wrong for me and my family, how about a little something good to mix it up?
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 2:14 PM   #2675
Lex Senthur
Stark Raving Naked

The firstest of world problems:

Some fuckers are using my photobucket images on random bullshit sites. I am at 96% of my free bandwidth. the-mainboard.com and facepunch.com are the big offenders, but I can't get more details without going pro. :I

Lex Senthur is offline   Reply With Quote