Brian
Devious, Mischevious, Fun.

AKA: Cay

gamefly shipped my copy today.l
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 1:39 PM   #78
FearTheKirby
Jake is next...

I'm tempted to get this game, just rough cause I just got Brutal Legend last Tuesday, and I have MW2 as well as Assassins Creed 2 on Preorder. Let me know if it's worth it.
Old 2009-10-21, 7:12 AM   #79
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I haven't dove into reading the reviews yet.
Anyone know if single player and mutliplayer are using the same character? Since me and the peeps are mostly going to be playing multilayer, I'm a bit concerned that one of our friends is going to play a ton in single player while we're at work, so if it is the same character when we log on for co-op, he's going to be twice our level. Good guy and all, but I just know he is going to break the difficulty curve if its drop-in/drop-out.
Blades, the way the leveling works, if you're say +4 levels below a creature, you do reduced damage against it. The higher it is above you, the less damage you do. I don't know what the exact cut off is. You can play your single player character with your friends in MP. From my experience of playing all day yesterday, I'd say you want to be within 3 levels of each other, or the lower level person really wants to stay behind the higher level person.

I'm planning on having 1 of each character and just using the one closest who whom ever is inviting me in.

Awesome, awesome game. I just kept saying "I'll just do one more quest" over over.
Also: Sniper rifle with a revolver chamber=spectacular.(even more so when it's rounds light dudes on fire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E.B. Slugworth View Post
So how do the vehicles work in co-op? If there would be one for two player co-op, are there going to be two in 4 player co-op so the other two people don't end up having to walk?
At the Vehichle spawn, there are two types. One's faster than the other. I didn't notice a difference other than that. But they both seat two and you can spawn the both at the same time.
However, I found the driving to be the only bad part of the game. I'd rather have been sniping on foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheKirby View Post
I'm tempted to get this game, just rough cause I just got Brutal Legend last Tuesday, and I have MW2 as well as Assassins Creed 2 on Preorder. Let me know if it's worth it.
Kirby I call this time of the year "The Pinch".
Got Borderlands yesterday, Forza 3 reserved for next week, Dragon Age coming in the mail the week after that, Modern Warefare 2 reserved for the week after that, then I get a week off before Left 4 Dead 2.

Last edited by CyanideRush; 2009-10-21 at 7:16 AM.
CyanideRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 7:30 AM   #80
Rufi
rawr

I was having a blast playing it last night as the hunter... I really need to try the other characters, but if he's the only one I play I'm satisfiable .

I only have one quibble so far, the enemy AI is really really bad. It's not that you'll notice it at most times, and I think it's only an issue with ther sniper rifles, but...

I took a level 11 quest at level 7. Could barely hurt the enemies with anythign but a headshot... said enemies would not leave there little compunt though. It too a half hour and 2 trips back to town to get more ammo, but I was able to just stay out of range and snipe the living shit outta them scoring headshot after headshot, and they just stood there cause I was outta range.

That being said, it's a great game so far.
Rufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 7:35 AM   #81
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufi View Post
I was having a blast playing it last night as the hunter... I really need to try the other characters, but if he's the only one I play I'm satisfiable .

I only have one quibble so far, the enemy AI is really really bad. It's not that you'll notice it at most times, and I think it's only an issue with ther sniper rifles, but...

I took a level 11 quest at level 7. Could barely hurt the enemies with anythign but a headshot... said enemies would not leave there little compunt though. It too a half hour and 2 trips back to town to get more ammo, but I was able to just stay out of range and snipe the living shit outta them scoring headshot after headshot, and they just stood there cause I was outta range.

That being said, it's a great game so far.
Was that the Bone Crusher quest? I noticed if I approached a certain way, I could do that too. But normally, once you get into a certain range, I found the human/gun AI to be alright. They hide behind stuff, throw nades and such. I really hate the animals with loads of HP though.
Old 2009-10-21, 7:42 AM   #82
Packin' Fists
I'M KEVIN BACON!

Location: not where, but when. Or why? How long can this thing be oh man that's pretty long lol wait what usj
AKA: Pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifist View Post
Can you play splitscreen coop with 2 other people over Live?

XBL Gamertag: Pacifist NJ, Steam ID: Pacifister, PSN: agreatgecko
Packin' Fists is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 7:48 AM   #83
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Sorry dude, I didn't even try.
Old 2009-10-21, 8:12 AM   #84
Rufi
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideRush View Post
Was that the Bone Crusher quest? I noticed if I approached a certain way, I could do that too. But normally, once you get into a certain range, I found the human/gun AI to be alright. They hide behind stuff, throw nades and such. I really hate the animals with loads of HP though.
Yep, thats the one.
Rufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 8:18 AM   #85
Mandelbrot
No Queso

I plan to preorder it on Steam today. I just hope that setting up a multiplayer session is seamless.
Old 2009-10-21, 8:39 AM   #86
oreth
baller as fuck.

AKA: Murder Dolphin , G Q

I purchased it yesterday and made it to level 11 before I peaced out. The game is hell's of fun.
oreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:39 AM   #87
FearTheKirby
Jake is next...

Quote:
Kirby I call this time of the year "The Pinch".
Got Borderlands yesterday, Forza 3 reserved for next week, Dragon Age coming in the mail the week after that, Modern Warefare 2 reserved for the week after that, then I get a week off before Left 4 Dead 2.
I gave up L4D2 for Assassins Creed 2 since they come out on the exact same day, I started a bid on Borderlands on Ebay might not win but would save a bundle if I did.
Old 2009-10-21, 10:45 AM   #88
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheKirby View Post
I gave up L4D2 for Assassins Creed 2 since they come out on the exact same day, I started a bid on Borderlands on Ebay might not win but would save a bundle if I did.

Really? I mean...really? You should get gamefly man. AC2 has been nothing but a rental for me all along. I'm still playing L4d with my friends. I anticipate the same thing with the sequel. Just the same with Brutal Legend, it's a really cool game, but it's too short for me to want to purchase it.
Old 2009-10-21, 10:56 AM   #89
Mr E.B. Slugworth
British-American Attorney

Quote:
Really? I mean...really? You should get gamefly man. AC2 has been nothing but a rental for me all along. I'm still playing L4d with my friends. I anticipate the same thing with the sequel. Just the same with Brutal Legend, it's a really cool game, but it's too short for me to want to purchase it.
Same here. Luckily I borrowed AC from Pacifist instead of buying it since I was done with it in about a week.
Mr E.B. Slugworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:06 AM   #90
Marten
The beach life chose me.

Played a shitload of this last night with a couple friends over live; spent most of my time as a Hunter but started leveling a Soldier too.

I'm not sure how to feel about the hunter; when you are in open areas fighting humans and can line up headshots, it's incredibly satisfying. But you can pretty much only snipe skags when their mouths are open, which means you're very much on the back foot, and we got stuck in this long series of indoor fights that basically rendered the sniper rifle useless. I'm going to try my hand at getting some high accuracy weapons to benefit from the accuracy skill the Hunter has, but I was somewhat disappointed in how much the enemy type and situation affected the class, more than it appears to affect the others.

That said, we had a blast, new good drops happened fairly regularly and the shops actually have decent kit. It's not a game to buy if you don't have a regular group of people to play with, but if you've got friends who aren't going to gank your drops and who you can depend on for frantic shooting goodness, it's really fun.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:08 AM   #91
DannoHung
HEAVY IS WILFORD BRIMLEY!

Yo, some of us are serious Assassins. We do not rent the Creed, we live by it.

DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:09 AM   #92
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Marten, have you gotten your Hunter to around level14 yet? The repeater isn't really the answer to your problem, but the revolver sure as shit is. They hit almost as hard as sniper rifles in close quarters.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:10 AM   #93
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung View Post
Yeah, you live by that shit for the one awesome play through! yeah! (kidding)
Old 2009-10-21, 11:14 AM   #94
Alymon
Bugbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung View Post
My creed has been compromised by too many tempting offers from other guilds.

Alymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:16 AM   #95
oreth
baller as fuck.

My hunter has a fully-automatic repeater that sets people on fire. It's a god send in close quarters combat.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:18 AM   #96
CyanideRush
Horror Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreth View Post
My hunter has a fully-automatic repeater that sets people on fire. It's a god send in close quarters combat.
Red with a blade on the underside of the barrel?
I think you always get that for killing nine toes
Old 2009-10-21, 11:18 AM   #97
Sprint
Slartabartfast

OK, I'll have to pick this up if it's Diablo with postapoc mutants. Are we doing mostly Steam or 360?
Old 2009-10-21, 11:19 AM   #98
oreth
baller as fuck.

Old 2009-10-21, 11:21 AM   #99
Urbat
awful

STEAM

Urbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:21 AM   #100
Marten
The beach life chose me.

Quote:
Marten, have you gotten your Hunter to around level14 yet? The repeater isn't really the answer to your problem, but the revolver sure as shit is. They hit almost as hard as sniper rifles in close quarters.
I think he's 13-15, but I forget exactly where. Do revolvers not start dropping until then? I haven't seen one, I don't think, but I haven't been looking. I will say, getting one of the rifles with a decent clip and rate of fire was fantastic; line up the headshot, POP POP POP, dead guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreth View Post
That's a fantastic gun, but it eats bullets like they're on clearance.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote