Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2009-02-24, 9:23 AM   #326
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel3d View Post
Great game last night. I had a lot of fun. And hey, we managed 2 encounters, we're definitely getting a good pace. I agree with Sven, I also wanted to keep going at the end of the evening.

*Big fight downstairs*
Arem in the library: "Do you hear something?"
Jacen, also in library: *slow page flip* "Hmmm... no"
Arem, "You sure? Maybe you should check it out"
Jacen," Fine, I'll check." Arrives after end of first battle.
Old 2009-02-24, 9:27 AM   #327
Wooh
In Good Hands

Last night was great. We're definitely getting our groove down. Probably just need to each individually work on making decisions in combat faster, but last night really gave me a morale boost. Last session was a drag, but the repository definitely helped.
Old 2009-02-24, 9:38 AM   #328
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Galyn, is it possible to check how much was downloaded from that folder on your server? I'd be interested to know how much data the guys actually used.
Archangel3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 12:34 PM   #329
Galyn
Foom!

AKA: DrBeckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel3d View Post
Galyn, is it possible to check how much was downloaded from that folder on your server? I'd be interested to know how much data the guys actually used.
I ended up having to go through the logs manually as apparently the 7 or so hits to that folder wasn't enough for the log parser to catch, but yes, it shows that the server was hit a few times, and from what I know of how it works, each client would hit it once & download everything in the background & run from cache at that point. Anyway, looks like its working.
Old 2009-02-24, 12:44 PM   #330
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galyn View Post
I ended up having to go through the logs manually as apparently the 7 or so hits to that folder wasn't enough for the log parser to catch, but yes, it shows that the server was hit a few times, and from what I know of how it works, each client would hit it once & download everything in the background & run from cache at that point. Anyway, looks like its working.
Hope you're feeling better. You missed out on a lot of fun.
Old 2009-02-24, 12:46 PM   #331
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Yeah, you were missed yesterday, hope you'll join us for the next one. Get better! Now! Dooo iiiiit!

And sorry you had to go through the trouble of sifting through stuff, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't causing a big drain or anything. I really do appreciate the space and the help setting it up!

Also, if I add a bunch of new maps and creature tokens, I assume I'll have to re-extract the campaign and ask you to re-upload it (and over-write the old one)?
Old 2009-02-24, 12:58 PM   #332
Galyn
Foom!

Thanks guys, I am feeling better today, but stayed out of work anyway, mainly 'cause the bathroom is still my primary resting place right now...

It was no problem looking through the logs. Don't worry about any strain on the server, I've got plenty to go around.

And yeah, when you update w/ new maps etc, you'll have to resend me the repository. Not a big deal.
Old 2009-02-24, 1:00 PM   #333
IamFrums
Are you my mummy?

We also leveled up, so you'll have to make sure to have your character at 2 for next week.

After the last couple encounters I picked up the Armor of Bahamut feat (critical hit becomes just a normal hit). I think it's going to get triggered a lot.

IamFrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 1:12 PM   #334
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

That's so not true, that was just a string of good luck (for me)/bad luck (for the players).

As it was said, it's a counter-balance of the absolute drunken stupidity of the dire rats in the wine cellar.

Though going from full health to 1 hp in a single acidic spray, I don't blame ya
Old 2009-02-24, 1:28 PM   #335
IamFrums
Are you my mummy?

Actually it's an encounter power so i'll only get to use it once per battle, but still that can make the difference between life and death for some players, especially against guys who can crit all but 1 hp of my life.

I also took the daily power that gives everyone +1 AC.

Last edited by IamFrums; 2009-02-24 at 2:46 PM.
Old 2009-02-24, 4:10 PM   #336
Rampage
Sometimes angry

I picked up action surge and the Wall of something or other level 2 utility. I'm focusing quite a bit on crowd control powers. Plus the wall will give the elf something to shoot from behind.

[Twitter] - [Steam] - [Raptr] - [X-Box Live] - [Pandora] - [Facebook] - [Google+] - [Tumblr]
Fortiorem facit quod non solum occidere.
Rampage is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 4:23 PM   #337
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

afk, Koteth committing seppuku so I can make a Theory Craft Optimized Character TM and stop getting made fun of since I can't consistently roll above an 8. (not really. I like K's RP concept. Bugger off haters)

Macro questions to Gayln: (Or anyone else)
The health macros can go over maximum health when healing, Arch says sometimes they wipe other states when they set Bloodied state, and do you know how to make a crit macro that can have more than 2 options? (Like 1d20 1=fail, 20=crit, 2-19=normal)

Basically trying to make 1d20, (1)=1, (2 through 7)=8, (8+)=itself for Wild Elf Agility. At the moment I have it set to if(Roll <=7): so that any roll 7 or below Triggers Wild Elf Agility in green, and forces the roll to be 8+Modifiers instead of Roll+Modifiers. I can't figure out how to make another "if" or an "else" argument for if a 1 is rolled.
Old 2009-02-24, 5:24 PM   #338
Galyn
Foom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Stryker View Post
Macro questions to Gayln: (Or anyone else)
The health macros can go over maximum health when healing, Arch says sometimes they wipe other states when they set Bloodied state, and do you know how to make a crit macro that can have more than 2 options? (Like 1d20 1=fail, 20=crit, 2-19=normal)

Basically trying to make 1d20, (1)=1, (2 through 7)=8, (8+)=itself for Wild Elf Agility. At the moment I have it set to if(Roll <=7): so that any roll 7 or below Triggers Wild Elf Agility in green, and forces the roll to be 8+Modifiers instead of Roll+Modifiers. I can't figure out how to make another "if" or an "else" argument for if a 1 is rolled.
As far as going over full health, I knew it could do this, I was just lazy and didn't code for it. I'll be happy to add to it for our next game night.

I'll have to experiment with it, but i'm sure you could nest if statements so that it can do what you want.

Edit: Bah, I'm trying to decide what to take for my level 2 power... I'm really unimpressed with them.

Last edited by Galyn; 2009-02-24 at 5:41 PM.
Galyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 6:09 PM   #339
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
As far as going over full health, I knew it could do this, I was just lazy and didn't code for it. I'll be happy to add to it for our next game night.

I'll have to experiment with it, but i'm sure you could nest if statements so that it can do what you want.

Edit: Bah, I'm trying to decide what to take for my level 2 power... I'm really unimpressed with them.
Yeah, I tried putting in more if statements using commas and semicolons. Didn't seem to work.

May I suggest Ethereal Stride or maybe Fiendish Resilience? ES gives an armor buff and allows you to teleport, getting you out of grabs and immobilizes. FR is just Temp HP, but not horrible.

Also, holy crap the compendium looks different now.

I'm leaning towards Crucial Advice myself. Fits the old guy concept beautifully, I have nice skill selection, and I don't care much for the rest. If we don't see many places where skills are useful, I'll probably take Yield Ground instead. It's very similar to Ethereal Stride.
Old 2009-02-24, 6:31 PM   #340
The Dude
On a mission

I had a lot of fun last night as well, much more so than last week which got rather frustrating on account of technical difficulties. I hope though that i'm not stepping on anyone's toes? I know I can get pretty excitable when getting into the thick of gaming and I was worried I might be spotlight hogging or doing too much before anyone else had a chance to, though I certainly don't mean to. Never hesitate to reel me in or anything, I appreciate it.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 7:02 PM   #341
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Galyn: Though we haven't had too much opportunity for Skill Challenges (and simple skill checks) yet, due to the traditional dungeon crawl, I wouldn't discount Beguiling Tongue out of hand. Shadow Veil... eh, if you don't already have Stealth as a chosen skill, it could be useful to round off your abilities. Etheral Stride is also a rather good choice.

Sven: Go with the Crucial Advice. It's very much in-character, and will undoubtedly come in handy.

Dude: It's cool about the "excitable" (better than bored, heh).

Glad you guys are having fun. I'll write up the events (for those of you watching from home) at some point this week.
Old 2009-02-24, 7:02 PM   #342
Wooh
In Good Hands

I've felt like you've done a pretty good job, The Dude. Everyone is still settling into their characters but I felt people have played them well.

Also, I want to compliment Arch on his encounter design. Definitely not standard stuff. Bells, tapestries...all give it an edge!
Old 2009-02-24, 7:14 PM   #343
Galyn
Foom!

Sven, here's the basic code:

Code:
[h:attackRoll=1d20]
[IF(attackRoll<9),CODE: {
        [IF(attackRoll>1),CODE: {
Wild Elf Agility is a GO!
        }]
      } ; {
        [IF(attackRoll == 20),CODE: {
          The attack is a critical hit!
        }]
      }]
[attackRoll]
If you need help getting it into your current macro, I'll be happy to do that as well, just send me the code from your current macro...
Old 2009-02-24, 7:30 PM   #344
IamFrums
Are you my mummy?

I was looking in the character creator at the Valiant strike, the extra +1 was from it having to be used near at least one character. I've fixed the macro now so that it asks for the number of adjacent mobs.

Old 2009-02-24, 7:48 PM   #345
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Thanks. Got them to work.
Quote:
Athletics Roll: [Roll=1d20]<br>
Check Result: [H,IF(Roll<9),CODE: { [IF(Roll>1),CODE: {[WEA=8] }] } ;{ [WEA=0] }]
[if (WEA==8):Athletics=WEA+3+5-1;Athletics=Roll+3+5-1] [if (WEA==8):"<font color=Green>Wood Elf Agility</font> "]

Acrobatics Roll: [Roll=1d20]<br>
Check Result: [H,IF(Roll<9),CODE: { [IF(Roll>1),CODE: {[WEA=8] }] } ;{ [WEA=0] }]
[if (WEA==8):WEA+4+5-1;Roll+4+5-1] [if (WEA==8):"<font color=Green>Wood Elf Agility</font>"]
Old 2009-02-24, 8:03 PM   #346
Galyn
Foom!

It's amazing how different people code, totally different than how I would've done it. Glad I was able to help.
Old 2009-02-24, 8:08 PM   #347
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
It's amazing how different people code, totally different than how I would've done it. Glad I was able to help.
I'm not sure you need the "CODE" parts, but I added them since I was having problems. My macro didn't have them previously, and other than being only 2 parts instead of 3, it worked fine before. Thanks a ton though. I was having trouble getting it to recognize an argument inside and argument. There's probably a multi-"If, Then, Else" statement somewhere that I could write. Thanks still!
Old 2009-02-24, 8:09 PM   #348
Galyn
Foom!

Yeah you need them if you're going to nest if statements, apparently, or so I gathered from the examples on the macro faq.
Old 2009-02-24, 8:11 PM   #349
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
Yeah you need them if you're going to nest if statements, apparently, or so I gathered from the examples on the macro faq.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case. That's why I left them in once it worked. I didn't feel like playing with it more to see if they were the difference or not.
Old 2009-02-25, 10:30 AM   #350
Galyn
Foom!

I must've missed out on a bunch, it's taking Arch a lot longer to update his story thread than normal. I'm looking forward to it so i can know what I missed.