Forumopolis


Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-22, 10:07 PM   #26
The Jay Cutler Show
interception???
 
The Jay Cutler Show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
AKA: popemobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Dear lord, when they show the doctor slicing off the part of the labia minora. I clenched my ladybits so hard I got a cramp. OW. I think I just experienced the same feeling guys get when they see another man get hit in the balls.
I usually laugh when I see another guy get hit in the balls

maybe it's just me
__________________
The Jay Cutler Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:39 PM   #27
Atheist Panda
Starkey
 
Atheist Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

But but - labia are fun.

sigh. This is a sad world someways.
Atheist Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:49 PM   #28
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

Has this ever like...affected the outcome of sex for anybody? Has there ever been a person who, upon seeing the woman he/she is about to have sex with, gets a look at her vagina and goes "Whoa hey, no thank you,"? Has that ever happened?

I can't even fathom it.
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:52 PM   #29
The Jay Cutler Show
interception???
 
The Jay Cutler Show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
AKA: popemobile

I usually say "I'm thinkin Arby's" and dive right in
__________________
The Jay Cutler Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:58 PM   #30
Nim
says hello.
 
Nim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Four and twenty blackbirds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concertina View Post
I feel like they are qualitatively different things, although that could just be on the surface.
I'm curious why. From what I know of the anatomy the two structures are roughly homologous, but watching the clip of labia being surgically removed made me cringe. In a way I don't think male circumcision would have.

I'm having trouble articulating why though. There doesn't seem to be a good clinical reason I've been able to find. There is the element of one (often) being elective plastic surgery and the other often having a more cultural context... but even circumcision for purely aesthetic purposes doesn't create the same level of visceral negative reaction in me.
__________________
You have 8 gold ingots. They are all the same weight, except for one that's marginally lighter. How can you find the lighter using a scale when you can only balance twice? ClueThe first step is to set a pair of the ingots aside and weigh the remaining six.
Nim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:02 PM   #31
Nim
says hello.
 
Nim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Four and twenty blackbirds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Has this ever like...affected the outcome of sex for anybody? Has there ever been a person who, upon seeing the woman he/she is about to have sex with, gets a look at her vagina and goes "Whoa hey, no thank you,"? Has that ever happened?

I can't even fathom it.
I've known some men really, really dislike visible labia. Likewise there are more than a few women who are put off by uncircumcised men. People put all kinds of emphasis on various visual characteristics, genitals are no different.
__________________
You have 8 gold ingots. They are all the same weight, except for one that's marginally lighter. How can you find the lighter using a scale when you can only balance twice? ClueThe first step is to set a pair of the ingots aside and weigh the remaining six.
Nim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:05 PM   #32
Chrono-Synclastic
249x10^6 (km) from the sun
 
Chrono-Synclastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
AKA: White Room, Chronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jay Cutler Show View Post
I usually say "I'm thinkin Arby's" and dive right in
I'm dying.
__________________

"And no help is coming."
Chrono-Synclastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:14 PM   #33
Psyckogod
Hi, kids!
 
Psyckogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005

Scissors and scalpels near labia! Gah!

It's a fact that, just like every other outside part of the body, some people have nicer-looking genitals than others. Some ladies have really nice-looking vaginas, others have little Cthulhu mouths down there, but I think when you get down to it, a guy- or a girl- is not going to be put off by a less-neat-looking snapper in the heat of the moment. Unnecessary plastic surgery, probably.
Psyckogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:24 PM   #34
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jay Cutler Show View Post
I usually say "I'm thinkin Arby's" and dive right in
jesus christ
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 1:30 AM   #35
build me a star
Doesn't hate you
 
build me a star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyckogod View Post
Scissors and scalpels near labia! Gah!

It's a fact that, just like every other outside part of the body, some people have nicer-looking genitals than others. Some ladies have really nice-looking vaginas, others have little Cthulhu mouths down there, but I think when you get down to it, a guy- or a girl- is not going to be put off by a less-neat-looking snapper in the heat of the moment. Unnecessary plastic surgery, probably.
Also just for the record, some men and women probably actually prefer "Cthulhu mouths" as you call them (and I know you were trying to be funny, but talking about it that way only perpetuates the whole thing of women feeling bad about their bodies and getting surgery, etc.)

And saying "it's just a fact that some look nicer than others!" isn't gonna work either. Matters of personal taste are not facts! Some men like skinny chicks. Some men like curvy chicks. Some men like big flowery labia, some men like small neat little packages. I know, I know, it's crazy, right?
__________________

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 1:50 AM   #36
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

So long as it's not like, vagina dentata, idgaf
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 1:56 AM   #37
build me a star
Doesn't hate you
 
build me a star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I mean, I could imagine that having labia that dangle down like, a whole inch or something would be annoying for reasons that have nothing to do with sex (like constant chafing from pants, agh) and maybe even enough so that getting surgery seems warranted.

But it really gets my goat when people unwittingly perpetuate these ideas that there is a "right" way for a woman's body to look, because years of being both overtly and subliminally fed these messages are what motivates women to go get themselves surgically altered in the first place.
__________________

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:04 AM   #38
Nim
says hello.
 
Nim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Four and twenty blackbirds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by build me a star View Post
But it really gets my goat when people unwittingly perpetuate these ideas that there is a "right" way for a woman's body to look, because years of being both overtly and subliminally fed these messages are what motivates women to go get themselves surgically altered in the first place.
Hey, that's the articulation I was looking for. Thank you.
__________________
You have 8 gold ingots. They are all the same weight, except for one that's marginally lighter. How can you find the lighter using a scale when you can only balance twice? ClueThe first step is to set a pair of the ingots aside and weigh the remaining six.
Nim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:12 AM   #39
Erpin
Dusty
 
Erpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Dear lord, when they show the doctor slicing off the part of the labia minora. I clenched my ladybits so hard I got a cramp. OW. I think I just experienced the same feeling guys get when they see another man get hit in the balls.
this. Oh my god, my insides are churning... I get the same feeling when people talk about circumcision for men... arg...
__________________

No HoBo
Erpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:15 AM   #40
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

Circumcision for men still vexes me as well. If I ever have a kid (ha!) I'm just gonna let him stay natural. I've done zero research, but is it at all common for grown men to get circumcised?
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:16 AM   #41
Kamileon
out of my gourd
 
Kamileon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by build me a star View Post
But it really gets my goat when people unwittingly perpetuate these ideas that there is a "right" way for a woman's body to look, because years of being both overtly and subliminally fed these messages are what motivates women to go get themselves surgically altered in the first place.
Yeah, I think this is really the root of the problem with it. And this preference is being made all the worse by people just photoshopping women to look like they want. Granted, the neat little closed labia exist, so it's not the same as a model being photoshopped to be skinny in a way that defies ribcages and internal organs, it's part of a whole societal bag of shit that says "women, what really matters about you is how you look, and THIS is the only right way to look."
Kamileon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:22 AM   #42
Erpin
Dusty
 
Erpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Circumcision for men still vexes me as well. If I ever have a kid (ha!) I'm just gonna let him stay natural. I've done zero research, but is it at all common for grown men to get circumcised?
Likewise, and it is extremely common. Most folks think it is more hygienic, but a lot of research has proven otherwise.
__________________

No HoBo
Erpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:22 AM   #43
build me a star
Doesn't hate you
 
build me a star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Also pro-tip: if you say things that essentially boil down to, "Hey, don't worry, any man in his right mind should be too horny to care that you have a hideous vagina!" you're still telling someone that they have a hideous vagina.
__________________

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:25 AM   #44
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

The whole photoshopping women thing (like, in normal magazines, not pornographic ones) seriously gets to me because I had a lot of my female students back in the states feel HORRIBLE about themselves because of that shit. A few of them straight up passed out during PE because they hadn't eaten in days.

And it's even worse here in Korea. I'd say a good half the female population go in for eyelid surgery by the time they're 25 to make their eyes bigger. A lot of them get it for their birthday present in their late teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by build me a star View Post
Also pro-tip: if you say things that essentially boil down to, "Hey, don't worry, any man in his right mind should be too horny to care that you have a hideous vagina!" you're still telling someone that they have a hideous vagina.
I seriously hope I didn't convey this attitude.
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 2:28 AM   #45
build me a star
Doesn't hate you
 
build me a star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

No don't worry, I was talking about Psyckogod.
__________________

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 3:07 AM   #46
Palah El Din
Slashin grass/Smashin pots
 
Palah El Din's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California / Montreal / Dubai / Cairo
AKA: Paladin

Idgi. What does this censorship rule hope to accomplish? Who looked at vaginas and thought "you know what, let's make them neater"? And how did they get a board of people to agree with them?
Palah El Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 3:10 AM   #47
Nim
says hello.
 
Nim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Four and twenty blackbirds.

Australia has a slew of really weird censorship laws.
__________________
You have 8 gold ingots. They are all the same weight, except for one that's marginally lighter. How can you find the lighter using a scale when you can only balance twice? ClueThe first step is to set a pair of the ingots aside and weigh the remaining six.
Nim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 3:28 AM   #48
nekodeev
CRAB MASSAGE
 
nekodeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005

Yeah I don't know what the fuck they are so retarded about stuff.
__________________
nekodeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 3:37 AM   #49
ieya
Rogue Modron
 
ieya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Twenty minutes into the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erpin View Post
Likewise, and it is extremely common. Most folks think it is more hygienic, but a lot of research has proven otherwise.
There's some slight merit to the hygiene argument.

In as much as, if you don't bother with washing at all, then yes, your penis will end up a bit less disgusting if you've removed the foreskin as you've removed an area where crud can accumulate over time.

I'm not quite sure where the assumption comes from, though, that uncircumcised gents will find it too difficult to spend a couple of seconds a day pulling back the foreskin while showering/bathing to give things a quick clean.
__________________

Knight of the Holy Order of No Pants
ieya is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 4:17 AM   #50
Jay
Halloween was months ago
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Korealand
AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

Aussieland's weird about violence and shit too, what with how they clean up video games as well.
__________________
I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a book HERE
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forumopolis & DramaLlama 2002 - 2014, Evan Exner | F5 2004-2010, Chris Routly