Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2012-04-25, 3:40 PM   #26
pakx
Human Animal

takes me no more than 10 minutes to cook and eat an egg and 4 slices of turkey bacon. big protein boost in the morning keeps my appetite down and my energy up.
Old 2012-04-25, 3:56 PM   #27
tankboy
JAMRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requesting Bear View Post
Additionally, my girlfriend and I have been making what she dubs "breakfast in a cup"

You need two small 6 cup muffin tins, about 8-9 eggs (maybe less), a pound of ground sausage, and 12 strips of bacon (we use turkey bacon).

Whisk the eggs together and brown the sausage. Spray the shit out of the muffin tins, wrap a piece of bacon around the inside of each tin, pour some eggs and browned sausage into the tin. Don't fill them up all the way with egg because it WILL expand. Put the tins in the oven at 350-375 or so until the eggs have cooked and then just wrap them in tinfoil and freeze them. Take them out and heat them up in the microwave when ready to nom.
I am going to the grocery store after work, for this specifically.
tankboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 3:57 PM   #28
Requesting Bear
ZomBear

I'd be pretty tentative on eating 4 slices of even turkey bacon consistently..that's...a lot of sodium.

edit: Yeah they're surprisingly filling. My metabolism has been pretty crazy lately and even then, I'll get through one and still be pretty satisfied for 3-4 hours.
Requesting Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 4:04 PM   #29
pakx
Human Animal

they're really thin cuts, i've lost a ton of weight with that breakfast habit in the last 3 months
Old 2012-04-25, 4:21 PM   #30
JoeDeth
Social Justice Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requesting Bear View Post
Additionally, my girlfriend and I have been making what she dubs "breakfast in a cup"

You need two small 6 cup muffin tins, about 8-9 eggs (maybe less), a pound of ground sausage, and 12 strips of bacon (we use turkey bacon).

Whisk the eggs together and brown the sausage. Spray the shit out of the muffin tins, wrap a piece of bacon around the inside of each tin, pour some eggs and browned sausage into the tin. Don't fill them up all the way with egg because it WILL expand. Put the tins in the oven at 350-375 or so until the eggs have cooked and then just wrap them in tinfoil and freeze them. Take them out and heat them up in the microwave when ready to nom.
Trying this. Sounds awesome!
JoeDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 4:32 PM   #31
Charion
Is a happy dog

Microwaved egg, toasted bagel, and cheese. It's fast and portable. Plus if you want you can add a couple other things to it depending on how much time you have in the morning and how you feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7G_3deGps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4COQUtfN9wM
Charion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 8:11 PM   #32
Malaclypse
Banned

AKA: CutiePrincess29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
Porridge takes like 4 minutes and is hot, but a lot of people don't like it so I dunno.
I have such a good porridge recipe:

Ingredients:
A handful of frozen, banana slices*
1 cup of milk
1 cup of oatmeal
1 egg
Optional:
1 tsp cornmeal

1.)Pour milk and place banana slices into pot. Heat on medium high. Break up the banana slices with a wooden spoon if they are clumped together.
2.)The heat should start to melt the banana slices. This process should take 2 or 3 minutes. Stir occasionally so it does not boil over.
3.)Once the banana slices have mostly melted. Turn the heat to low. Add the egg, and the oatmeal. Stir continuously.
4.)As the porridge starts to cool down it should thicken into a custard. If you are impatient, you can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of cornmeal to speed up the custardization process. Serve in a medium sized cereal bowl.

*Slices taken from a ripe banana are the best and will melt quicker.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 2012-04-25 at 8:15 PM. Reason: This post has been approved by the US Porridge Counsel.
Malaclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:44 AM   #33
build me a star
Doesn't hate you

Also it takes like 3 minutes to make scrambled eggs.

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 1:10 AM   #34
oreth
baller as fuck.

AKA: Murder Dolphin , G Q

you know what i love in the morning?

A Chocolate-Peanut Butter MOJO bar.
Old 2012-04-26, 1:20 AM   #35
b.glad
a big fake

AKA: mymindislost

I know you said no oatmeal, but I'm gonna link to this refrigerator oatmeal anyway. You can make it ahead of time, it's hefty and super healthy with the chia seeds (which also absorb water and make you feel full longer), you don't have to cook anything, easily customizable for whatever flavors you want, and it comes in its own container, so you can just grab it out of the fridge and go.

I've been meaning to try it myself, but haven't yet, so full disclosure there. I'm really similar in the morning in not wanting to cook or do anything, so I've been excited to try this.
Old 2012-04-26, 1:50 AM   #36
ChildOWind
Ramen? Again?!

This is riffing off of RB's breakfast cup idea, but these look awesome!

Old 2012-04-26, 7:35 AM   #37
b.glad
a big fake

AKA: mymindislost

Alternatively, "I need breakfast, help" SOMEONE GET THIS MAN SOME BACON AND EGGS AND SOME ORANGE JUICE, STAT.
Old 2012-04-26, 7:35 AM   #38
Syndicate
Brock Samson

my morning ruotine is either oatmeal (I keep a big thing of old fashioned oats at work) little bit of butter, and honey, good to go. Yogurt, banana or orange, 1 babybel cheese for more protein

sometimes if I am on client site they have a snack bar it's $2.50 for a granola thing with 2% milk and fruit is free

I have to wait an hour before I eat so I take my pills at home, go to work earlier and then eat

after I eat I have my Alive liquid vitamin mixed with a little bit of OJ 4 oz, some lemon juice, and 18 oz water.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 8:51 PM   #39
LadyFlash
Classic

Stone ground slow cooking oats take a while on the stove top, but I'm not sure if I'd want to leave them unattended while I took a shower. Once cooked you can mix in all sorts of stuff like jam, fruit, raisins, honey, Nutella and have a super-filling breakfast.

Cottage cheese topped with fruit is surprisingly filling.

Or you can make a breakfast casserole. There are dozens of recipes for these online. One basic version is to cook sausage ahead of time, line a large baking dish with bread, then top with cheese, beaten eggs, and sausage. Refrigerate overnight then bake for around 30 minutes. Some other versions use potatoes instead of bread. Hot, yummy, and filling.
LadyFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 9:10 PM   #40
Paradox
Back off, man

Sometimes I make a whole mess of oatmeal and nuke it as I need it for breakfast. Also, cheddar cheese in COMPLETELY PLAIN (i.e. nothing save water and *maybe* some butter) oatmeal is really tastey. It's like eating semi-healthy grits.
Old 2012-04-26, 9:26 PM   #41
GBGirl
Hmm...

I usually have a bagel and cream cheese, or buttered toast with honey drizzled over it.

Delicious.
Old 2012-04-26, 9:33 PM   #42
Viphokie
Dionysus

you want an omelet ? prepare your fillings the night before, it will take less than 5 to cook that in the morning. I make one every morning, I cut the veggies that morning it takes less than 20 minutes, but I make coffee and clean up too.

Dont want to cook in the morning make a fritatta (sp?), an oven baked omelet the night before or make a big one and have it last a week.
Old 2012-04-27, 6:27 AM   #43
Syndicate
Brock Samson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viphokie View Post
you want an omelet ? prepare your fillings the night before, it will take less than 5 to cook that in the morning. I make one every morning, I cut the veggies that morning it takes less than 20 minutes, but I make coffee and clean up too.

Dont want to cook in the morning make a fritatta (sp?), an oven baked omelet the night before or make a big one and have it last a week.
one of my friends does this with egg whites, gets a weeks worth of fillings cut, I've never been that industrious, but I want to try it out
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote