Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2012-03-15, 2:53 PM   #451
Jaxom
At last sweet tender youth

Bioware's forums are heating up again, oh god the gnashing of teeth due to that app. Bioware better make a public statement sooner than later.

Cheeto eating, Noted Forum Body Policeman
Jaxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 2:56 PM   #452
Default_Messiah
Bustin' pots & octorocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
Bioware's forums are heating up again, oh god the gnashing of teeth due to that app. Bioware better make a public statement sooner than later.
Does it matter? I mean, the people doing most of the harping aren't going to be satisfied, however they try to placate them.

Hell, if I just enter my Condescentiontron-a-matrix, I don't think most of them can even really articulate why they didn't like the endings beyond more superficial surface details.

Reality Ajar ~ Society 6 Store
Default_Messiah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 3:31 PM   #453
Bylak
Angriest of elves

Chris Priestly (Bioware Community Coordinator) on the Bioware forums:

Quote:
We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening. Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game. In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free.

We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game. We are listening to all of your feedback.

In the meantime, let's give appreciation to Commander Shepard. Whether you loved the ME3 ending or didn't or you just have a lot of questions, he/she has given many of us some of the best adventures we have had while playing games. What was your favorite moment?

Bylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 3:35 PM   #454
Nim
says hello.

That last paragraph is a pretty lazy attemp at a dodge. Rest makes sense though, right now every forum is flooded with ending spoilers, even tech support.
You have 8 gold ingots. They are all the same weight, except for one that's marginally lighter. How can you find the lighter using a scale when you can only balance twice? ClueThe first step is to set a pair of the ingots aside and weigh the remaining six.
Nim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 3:41 PM   #455
Bylak
Angriest of elves

That's been par for the course for pretty much any response from Bioware in regards to the ME3 ending. Most of their twitter replies about the subject consist of "We're sorry you feel that way. Thank you for the feedback, and let us know what you liked about the game!"

Old 2012-03-15, 3:42 PM   #456
Xyzandra
Fezzes are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sensei View Post
If the ending made you very angry, you probably don't want to read this unless you want to really, really rage:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/9999272

djgdiuogt mbmigmgsjgkles uro4;al#22#2#1#1#'!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xyzandra/
MMO of the moment: Star Trek online/Neverwinter/SWtOR
Xyzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 3:46 PM   #457
UngorEatStefan
World's Forgotten Boy

That plea was basically a - "Hey, give us a week or two to come up with an official response."
Old 2012-03-15, 4:11 PM   #458
Oversized Twit
wants a peanut.

The more I read the more I am convinced Casey Hudson is a pretentious idiot.

Member of the Holy Order of No Pants
Oversized Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 4:27 PM   #459
Decius
Lord of Lies

Oh, come on, he was the lead for three excellent games, they just fucked up the last 5 minutes on purpose thinking they make some deep shit (the App stuff is really good by the way).
Decius is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 4:31 PM   #460
Oversized Twit
wants a peanut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decius View Post
Oh, come on, he was the lead for three excellent games, they just fucked up the last 5 minutes on purpose thinking they make some deep shit (the App stuff is really good by the way).
I'm not saying he always WAS, I'm just saying that's what he seems to be NOW, based on everything I'm reading about him.

Member of the Holy Order of No Pants
Oversized Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 4:35 PM   #461
UngorEatStefan
World's Forgotten Boy

I mean regardless of how bad the ending was (it was pretty bad once you got on top of the citadel) the entire series was amazing, and mass effect 3 up until the last ten minutes was fucking phenomenal.
Old 2012-03-15, 4:45 PM   #462
frogurt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngorEatStefan View Post
I mean regardless of how bad the ending was (it was pretty bad once you got on top of the citadel) the entire series was amazing, and mass effect 3 up until the last ten minutes was fucking phenomenal.
I've been trying to focus on this. The shooting mechanics, the callbacks to the last two games, the tone and the scope of the game were perfect. It's easy to get bogged down focusing on the ending because it was so goddamn poorly done, but the 30-40 hours I put into the game were amazing and should be remembered more than the last 0.1% of it.
Old 2012-03-15, 4:47 PM   #463
frogurt
Banned

But seriously, did the writers just never play a Fallout game in their life? You can literally put up still frames of characters and have each voice over artist read five different paragraphs about what happens after the game ends for the character and it would be fucking beloved by the fans.

OK, I'm done now.
Old 2012-03-15, 4:47 PM   #464
Benjamin
Throw a blanket over it!

AKA: PomPom

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngorEatStefan View Post
Including a really fun multiplayer system.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 4:49 PM   #465
UngorEatStefan
World's Forgotten Boy

It's funny how stupid I thought the multiplayer was going to be and it's actually amazingly fun.

Also, that would honestly be the perfect DLC. I might not be happy with the ending - I just want to know what happens to the galaxy after I've controlled/synthesized/destroyed, whatever. Just tell me what happens to Garrus D:
Old 2012-03-15, 4:49 PM   #466
Common Sensei
KACHOU ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
But seriously, did the writers just never play a Fallout game in their life? You can literally put up still frames of characters and have each voice over artist read five different paragraphs about what happens after the game ends for the character and it would be fucking beloved by the fans.
When Liara comes up to your quarters and reveals her project to record everything, including stuff about you, I was positive Shepard was going to die in the ending and the ending would be Liara's project.
Old 2012-03-15, 5:21 PM   #467
Jay
Halloween was months ago

AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sensei View Post
When Liara comes up to your quarters and reveals her project to record everything, including stuff about you, I was positive Shepard was going to die in the ending and the ending would be Liara's project.
Yeah. Whatever happened to that?

I keep trying to think about all the awesome parts, but mid-thought I get interrupted by "Continue the legend with DLC!" or I'll go play multiplayer but then just get bummed in general.
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 5:24 PM   #468
Common Sensei
KACHOU ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Justin View Post
Yeah. Whatever happened to that?
I think that was basically dropped as "this cycle's Beacon." It was still a great scene though, especially if you pick the "I'll let you decide" option when Liara asks what it should say about you.
Old 2012-03-15, 5:25 PM   #469
Jay
Halloween was months ago

AKA: Emperor Dick Butt

"Shepard was a bad dancer."
:I

Jay is online now I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 5:31 PM   #470
Default_Messiah
Bustin' pots & octorocs

"Shepard had many favourite stores on the citadel."

Reality Ajar ~ Society 6 Store
Default_Messiah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 5:34 PM   #471
Potts
The Littlest Elder God

AKA: Aetochtlu

I really liked the multiplayer too. Actually went back to Live Gold just to play it - haven't had a Gold account since my first year expired.

I really hope that they just put out some short DLC to show what happens after the ending. I don't mind the endings - like I said, they make sense to me - the problem I have with them is that the way I look at them, they don't actually end the story. They don't deal with the main conflict in the game. I would like an extra hour of gameplay or 5 minute cutscene to actually see Shepard deal with the reapers & the consequences/results of what happened in the current ending.
Old 2012-03-15, 5:40 PM   #472
Gesser
In the year of the rat

Posted on Neogaf:
From BSN, poster makes a point: The ending is worse, the higher your EMS.

"Yes, your decisions and building your fleet do matter...they make the ending WORSE.

I was originally upset -- like so many -- about my decisions not affecting the outcome of the game. But after thinking about it, I realized that the higher your EMS score is, the worse state the the galaxy is left in.

If I hadn't gone to Dekuuna and got the Code of the Ancients, then all of the elcor would still be in their home system. If I hadn't gone to the systems surrounding Thessia and picked up those science vessels and additional medical personel, they could be back home helping their people. If I never recruited the volus or the hanar, their fleets would still be home. None of these people would be starving to death on Earth.

The best -- THE BEST POSSIBLE ENDING TO THIS GAME -- can be achieved by doing zero side missions, ensuring an absolute minimum number of resourses are available, and keeping your EMS score is low as possible. You then get your Galactic Readiness to 100% by playing multiplayer. This gives you just enough to ensure that the color of the explosion you pick does not destroy Earth. (This is assuming that blowing up a relay doesn't kill everyone in the system...although even in that case this still applies because many of the people you can recruit are from systems without mass relays.)

You've made no effort to get anybody to work together, but that's fine since they won't have access to each other anyway, and a MAXIMUM number of people survived.

So there you have it. Bioware made a game where the more work you do, the fewer people survive. That's certainly a new concept. Horrible concept, but a new one."
Old 2012-03-15, 5:58 PM   #473
build me a star
Doesn't hate you

It really amazes me, and speaks highly of the rest of the game/series, how much I really and truly give many fucks about this.

Like, I actually physically feel sick to my stomach when I think about the ending!

OMG TUG OMG!!!
| TURMBLRR | TUG ON STEAM
build me a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 6:04 PM   #474
Potts
The Littlest Elder God

AKA: Aetochtlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by build me a star View Post
It really amazes me, and speaks highly of the rest of the game/series, how much I really and truly give many fucks about this.

Like, I actually physically feel sick to my stomach when I think about the ending!
bmas: Accept Indoctrination! You cannot resist! (it all makes sense if you do)

Seriously though, my wife was the same way. She was getting all depressed thinking of how 3 ended, after putting so much time & energy into the rest of the series: she played through ME1 & 2 3 or 4 times each, on top of my multiple playthroughs which she watched me play. So after all that investment, it's understandable that one would be upset.
Old 2012-03-15, 6:24 PM   #475
Bylak
Angriest of elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesser View Post
Posted on Neogaf:
From BSN, poster makes a point: The ending is worse, the higher your EMS.
Wow. That is a startling and frustrating point.