Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2012-03-13, 6:47 PM   #426
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

I start the second half with 7 players on the pitch against orcs. This will not end well for me.
"And lo, the day is coming and is now here when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. And without pants" -Book of No Pants, 4:23
#5 of 12
Steam ID: tebriel
Gamespy ID: [FO]Tebriel
Layton Avatar made by TheRyuuijnMike from gamefaqs.com
Tebriel is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 6:47 PM   #427
Mü0n
Herald of Dawn of War 2

how many fouls did you do Basset? You had *NO* turnovers on them. Did you spend bribes? I wasn't sure how I could check that.
Old 2012-03-13, 6:54 PM   #428
Sheldon
1 week ban for Klopp-face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassetking View Post
No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't kill Muon's Werewolf.

Seriously, his werewolf spent an entire game chewing turf as a Black Ork and a Lineork just stood over it, daring it to stand back up.
Norse Werewolves are not like Necromantic Werewolves. You don't want to go out of your way to hunt them down and kill them. The NW are the only players with AV8 on the Norse team, bar the big guy. Alright, so they don't have Block to go with their ST4 at first, but you're still better off going after the AV7 targets and ignore the wolf.

Or put a Lino next to him, from the side that's facing away from where the ball is, and watch as the wolf frenzies his way away from the action until, inevitably, he rolls Double Skulls or Double Both Downs and knocks himself down.

On the other hand, a prone wolf occupying two enemy players is sort of doing a decent job for his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mü0n View Post
how many fouls did you do Basset? You had *NO* turnovers on them. Did you spend bribes? I wasn't sure how I could check that.
Bribes will be listed on the right sidebar, I think. If you can figure out the symbol for them.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 7:01 PM   #429
Striker
Insanity Inc.

Yeah, the necro WW is a fast precision killer. The Ulfwerener is more of a blunt instrument.

Striker is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 7:03 PM   #430
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

Once again, no one conscious

edit: and again on the next turn
"And lo, the day is coming and is now here when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. And without pants" -Book of No Pants, 4:23
#5 of 12

Last edited by Tebriel; 2012-03-13 at 7:05 PM.
Old 2012-03-13, 7:07 PM   #431
Bassetking
Sophisticated Ignorance

Zero bribes, Muon. I just always waited until the last action of my turn to foul your WW; that way, if it forced a turnover, I'd already finished everything else I was doing anyway.

Write my curses in cursive

FO 2011-2012 BQBL, 2011-2012 Survivor III, 2012 March Madness Brackets

Bassetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 7:19 PM   #432
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

Lost 2-1. Got my ass handed to me. Having 7 players on the pitch and none of them conscious is not a way to play a turn. Good job, Rage.
#5 of 12
Old 2012-03-13, 7:20 PM   #433
Rutkowski
Know nothing about posting

AKA: Register, Entropy

Validated your game Tebriel. See you managed to score a touchdown without having players. =P
Old 2012-03-13, 7:42 PM   #434
Kickflip Jones
Coolest kid in school.

AKA: Buzzard, Slowpoke. Meatrocket Jones, The Mark Sanchez Variety Hour

Is it too late to get in on this I forgot to set this up
Kickflip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 7:49 PM   #435
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Validated your game Tebriel. See you managed to score a touchdown without having players. =P
That was right after he scored on turn 14, got my guys back on their feet (All 7!) and got a lucky break when one of his orcs passed out at my ball carrier's feet.
#5 of 12
Old 2012-03-13, 7:54 PM   #436
dane
just sitting

AKA: Trickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
Did we get the time wrong? It's 7am here right now, which is the right time on my end.

Edit: Well, in any even I'm around. I'll check back in about half an hour.
ah, we must've got a wire crossed somewhere, it was 1:00am my time when you posted that here, i went to bed just before that. Not sure what happened there. I might have messed up the time difference, sorry mate.

*edit* figured it out, i had the timezone right but for some reason it was out by a few hours; either way, if i play at 6:00am it'll be midday where you are, i'm happy to go from there. I can play in the morning up until 7:00am (1pm) so if you're free tommorow we can do that. Let me know, now we have the actual time difference sorted we can get it going easy enough.

Last edited by dane; 2012-03-13 at 10:12 PM.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 8:39 PM   #437
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickflip Jones View Post
Is it too late to get in on this I forgot to set this up
We got one slot open in the European division if Fara doesn't apply. If he does, you'll be put up first on the reserves list and will get to apply with a team(that have played as many games as we have by that time) as soon as someone drop out of the league.
Old 2012-03-13, 11:11 PM   #438
Hawque
Still the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by substratus View Post
I'm not even sure what happened, I was trying to come up with a plan for my last turn when he suffered an unexpected turnover.
My on-the-ground blitzer stood up and blitzed your skeleton (?) that was blocking the way into the endzone, hoping to just get a Push and knock him out of bounds. Then my ball carrier would have only needed one dodge to get a touchdown and tie the game.

Instead the blitzer rolled Attacker Down and I had no more rerolls left.
Hawque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 12:18 AM   #439
FFTimberwolf
Omni'Mech

Real Elves are taking on the RedRum Lobbah Boyz now

Real Elves receive, score Turn 3
It hurt, but 1-0 at half time.
Dead Elf, turn 10.
Forcing the orks to make pick up rolls, but it's costing the Elves.
Orks score turn 15, I'd forgotten I still had a RR I should have rolled vs their Ball Carrier.
Elves Elfbowl to Turn 16 2-1 victory. RedRum Lobbahs robbed of tie. Elf Catcher wanted for theft.

Last edited by FFTimberwolf; 2012-03-14 at 1:20 AM.
FFTimberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 1:29 AM   #440
Bassetking
Sophisticated Ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTimberwolf View Post
Dead Elf, turn 10.
Literally music to my ears.

Write my curses in cursive

FO 2011-2012 BQBL, 2011-2012 Survivor III, 2012 March Madness Brackets

Bassetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 1:47 AM   #441
DreadTechKarr
Dagwood

Post Game Commentary from Grimtooth, the Team Captain of Da Rum Runnah Boyz

"Me an ma boyz came onta da turf, readah ta spill some blood. I dun know wah went on out der, but dem panseh Elf boyz run circles round ma boyz. We thought we would a got da uppah 'and on em with pummeling their brains out from dah start. Dey got skillz, but mah boyz an I stomped em a bit 'for dey scored da first un. But when we gotz da ball, we did our bez. We lost un of our own out der, but thaz okay. We gotz lotz more lined up ta pummel some more Elves if dey come our way. Dem elves made it 'ard on us. Dey kept knockin da ball outta our 'ands, but we got strong 'ands an kept on pickin it up. Scorin' was tough, but we did it. Somehow da elves scored by runnin' round mah boyz an I. We gave it all we'ze got. But dem elves just blew right pass us."

Well, there you have it, from the main ork himself on how he felt Da Rum Runnah Boyz played. Next up we'll have a report from the Real Elves!

((Was a good game. Pity that I gave him enough room to score that second goal. Silly elves and their dodginess.))
DreadTechKarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 2:15 AM   #442
Rutkowski

Game validated, you each got a level.

Last edited by Rutkowski; 2012-03-14 at 8:49 AM.
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 8:51 AM   #443
Rutkowski

Just played another game where one of my orc linos managed two interceptions and two passes.

Elfballin' all day every day.
Old 2012-03-14, 9:50 AM   #444
Sheldon

The memory of yesterday's game still haunts me and torments me, and it just occurred to me that Rutkowski got more SPP out of my actions than I did. 4 SPP for him from Blocks that backfired on me, 0 SPP for me.

My team literally would have done better, had I never touched the mouse and simply let the clock run down during my turns, doing nothing.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:02 AM   #445
Rutkowski

Even more hilarious that three times did Sheldon decide to let his players lie down and just let me score and three times did he change his mind the next turn which immediatly resulted in an injured, dead or KO player.

By the way, since we played six games yesterday and one game before that we're already halfway through this week. When are the resulting games scheduled?

Also, Fara, unless you send in your team today or tomorrow I'll give the slot to Kickflip if he wants it. The slot is still yours for now but there's a queue and it wouldn't be fair to hold an absent slot if you're not going to join up.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:32 AM   #446
Sheldon

I remember only one time.

You'd just killed a Gutter Runner and had the ball at my endzone and I didn't have the numbers left to do anything to your cage, so I switched into team-preservation mode and wanted to ride the game out allowing no further Blocks on my players and the minimal number of Blitzes.

But then, because you chased my retreating players, there was a bit of a gap between your cage and the other half of your team and I had 1-2 turns where it was 3 Skaven vs 5 Orcs around the ball instead of 4 vs 11 before your out of position BoBs and Blitzers would get back, and in that situation I decided to have a crack at it. I didn't think I had much of a chance, but I wanted to make you roll a few dice and maybe they'd come up Skulls or Both Down. Then the ball might bounce free and as long as I have Gutter Runner close by there's always hope. Or at least I'd force you into scoring instead of stalling and that'd give me a shot at a pass or a touchdown and some SPP.

But yeah, then you CASed my brave little assault team and that broke my spirits. I must have blacked out the rest of the match after that.

Last edited by Sheldon; 2012-03-14 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:28 AM   #447
Test Baby
TF2; [BC] Fizzy Gillespie

AKA: jack

Sven and i are on for thursday night if everything works out.

Anyone wanna drop some tips on how i should play High Elves? i have tried a few games against PCs and realized i have no idea what i am doing.

Test Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:29 AM   #448
Phoenix-D
Flammable

Me and Panada should be playing today.
Phoenix-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:42 AM   #449
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Baby View Post
Sven and i are on for thursday night if everything works out.

Anyone wanna drop some tips on how i should play High Elves? i have tried a few games against PCs and realized i have no idea what i am doing.
Dodge dodge dodge. Never leave your player standing next to an opponent unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Also, your players are very often worth more than the opponentss and those of the opponent's players that are more valuable are not easy to injure so fouling is something that's not really worth it for elves.

Unless you see a claw+block+mb+tackle player. Foul that bitch into oblivion.

Caveat; this is how people beat me. I have, in fact, only played dark elves and that ended horribly(first two games against nurgle, third against dwarves that left me with three players in my roster).
Old 2012-03-14, 11:46 AM   #450
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

I was about to give advice, but then I realized he's my opponent. Hm...

Elves are good at throwing. Throw the ball at the opposing team. You can hit them with the ball and knock them out.