Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2011-11-22, 9:05 AM   #2751
King cobra
Social Justice Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngyne View Post
This is the reason you want to enchant your weapons. You think decapitation is dramatic? Imagine running someone through with your sword with lightning crackling all around your blade and their body.

Your slow mo kills go from dramatic to fucking metal.
Hmm, if you're right, it might make the effort worth it, especially if I can somehow get screen shot.
Old 2011-11-22, 9:59 AM   #2752
gamerk2
Chaos Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2016 View Post
Is that "4GB" adjustable, or is it just a name? I have 16GB available.
A 32-bit exe run on Win64 compiled as Large Address Aware is limited to no more then 4GB of RAM.

A 32-bit exe, under no circumstances, can ever use more then 4GB of RAM at any one point in time. Hence why you see diminishing returns much above 6GB of RAM.
gamerk2 is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 10:15 AM   #2753
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Enchanted weapons are nice, though not usually a game-breaker. When my weapon runs out of juice for its frost damage, I keep running with it as is, because most things die pretty easily. Plus I have the Feat that occasionally allows the weapon to recharge automatically when I kill a non-humanoid. I only really feed it a new soul crystal when I feel a climactic battle is coming up and I need the extra oomph in damage.

However, if I find a better weapon enchant (that wont fill my Grand Soulgems with the petty souls of whatever Mudcrab I happen to squash (curse you "Soul Stealer" enchant))then I might have a different opinion of enchanted weaponry.
Archangel3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 10:19 AM   #2754
Scandalf
Mark IV style motherfucker

AKA: Scandalf the Beanpiper, Lucas Archer, Stiabhan

Ever since Morrowind, I have developed a strategy for mudcrabs. When I see one, I unequip any weapons I have, and then beat them to death with my fists.
Scandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 10:31 AM   #2755
Miles Standoffish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandalf the Beanpiper View Post
Ever since Morrowind, I have developed a strategy for mudcrabs. When I see one, I unequip any weapons I have, and then beat them to death with my fists.
the ike turner method of mudcrab battle
Old 2011-11-22, 10:33 AM   #2756
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

I once punched a goat in the face so hard it died.

I didn't actually mean to punch it. And since I had the Heavy Armored Fists feat, well... splat.

Poor goat.
Old 2011-11-22, 10:47 AM   #2757
Magikarp
Do Dope Fuck Hope

I've been avoiding enchanted weapons on my assassin because I can't sharpen them at the grindstone yet. Been doing quite well anyway, just relying on stealth kills and brute strength. 2x damage one-handed attacks + dual-wielding power attacks + sharpened ebony blade and dagger murder the fuck out of dragons. And most everything else I can get into melee range, really.
Old 2011-11-22, 10:57 AM   #2758
Lapak
Happiness Is Mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
I've been avoiding enchanted weapons on my assassin because I can't sharpen them at the grindstone yet. Been doing quite well anyway, just relying on stealth kills and brute strength. 2x damage one-handed attacks + dual-wielding power attacks + sharpened ebony blade and dagger murder the fuck out of dragons. And most everything else I can get into melee range, really.
I've only got Exquisite Elvish Daggers, but one of my favorite moments thus far came up along these lines just recently. I came across a Blood Dragon sleeping perched on the rim of a tower with his head in a crate for some reason. () I crept up on him, both daggers drawn, then gave him the dual-power-attack-x15-sneak-attack.

The dragon woke up, flapped frantically a couple of times as he dismounted from the tower, then immediately crashed to the ground below. I was able to finish him off with a couple of bowshots from there. The way it played out was just beautiful.

***'ZZzzzz... HOLYCRAPWHATJUSTHITMEAAGHWOAHFALLINGCRASH***
Old 2011-11-22, 11:34 AM   #2759
ChildOWind
Ramen? Again?!

I think enchanted bows are a must have for a pure archer build like mine. If I can get a sneak attack off (which I can do more often than not) then things go down in a hit or two. But for stronger opponents and groups of enemies, then the enchantment is necessary if I want to do really any damage at all.

Also, fuck the fact that when I run out of stronger arrows the automatic default is to go down to iron arrows. It should automatically switch to the next strongest.
Old 2011-11-22, 11:39 AM   #2760
Scandalf
Mark IV style motherfucker

AKA: Scandalf the Beanpiper, Lucas Archer, Stiabhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOWind View Post
I think enchanted bows are a must have for a pure archer build like mine. If I can get a sneak attack off (which I can do more often than not) then things go down in a hit or two. But for stronger opponents and groups of enemies, then the enchantment is necessary if I want to do really any damage at all.

Also, fuck the fact that when I run out of stronger arrows the automatic default is to go down to iron arrows. It should automatically switch to the next strongest.
I guess the real question is, why are you carrying around iron arrows? I don't even bother picking them up anymore.
Scandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:40 AM   #2761
bata
Ceci n'est pas le pays bas

AKA: master bata

Omg this was awesome. I was sneaking around in some dungeon, then in a room with some npcs I picked up too much I decided to drop something. I dropped a bow, then one of the NPCs gets up from a chair and says hey what's this ? That bow is mine. The other NPC says no it's not, that's mine! And they fight eachother to the death.
bata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:45 AM   #2762
Sam
GENERIC PYLONS $6.99ea BUY

AKA: Dypthropos, This is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salo View Post
I read something about that bug. Supposedly it only happens the first time the items get out of your inventory and you pass through a loading screen. So if you place everything in a heap somewhere in your house, exit and enter, you should be able to decorate with the items without them going anywhere (taking care to just to grab and place them, and not picking them up into your inventory).
May you walk upon warm sands, friend
Old 2011-11-22, 11:49 AM   #2763
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bata View Post
Omg this was awesome. I was sneaking around in some dungeon, then in a room with some npcs I picked up too much I decided to drop something. I dropped a bow, then one of the NPCs gets up from a chair and says hey what's this ? That bow is mine. The other NPC says no it's not, that's mine! And they fight eachother to the death.
Hahaha! Awesome.
Old 2011-11-22, 11:59 AM   #2764
Squigit
Blaster Master... Chief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
May you walk upon warm sands, friend

That didn't work for me. I swear I've put my dual stolen idols of Diballa on my nightstands like 20 times. I think Lydia keeps knocking them over on me >_<

www.facebook.com/squigit
AIM: Squigit11

Smash Brawl friend code: 2836
-0009-3467
Squigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:05 PM   #2765
ChildOWind
Ramen? Again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandalf the Beanpiper View Post
I guess the real question is, why are you carrying around iron arrows? I don't even bother picking them up anymore.
Because hey, free weightless ammo? I stay in constant fear that I'm going to run out for some reason. Probably because of that prerelease quote about arrows being rare. I've broken the habit of picking up Falmer and Forsworn arrows because I might as well just be shooting toothpicks at that point, but the only thing other than iron that drops frequently is steel and that's not too much better. I would kill to be able to find glass, ebony, elven, and even dwarven arrows on a semiregular basis.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:34 PM   #2766
Kamileon
out of my gourd

I just run around using steel for most things unless I need to kill something important. But I pick up every arrow I see because they're weightless so why not.

But I'm also pretty compulsive about grabbing/keeping things in the game so....
Every time I go to a new town I pickpocket arrows off all the guards.
Kamileon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:56 PM   #2767
waterless
All hail Monkey Jesus

Don't know if this (a) was already mentioned or (b) is true, but apparently the whole world outside Skyrim is in the game but inaccessible, http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145...lt-into-skyrim. Ready for actually good expansions maybe.
Cannot bear very much reality.
waterless is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 1:10 PM   #2768
ChildOWind
Ramen? Again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamileon View Post
But I'm also pretty compulsive about grabbing/keeping things in the game so....
This is me with jewels.

My nightstand drawer has more bling than the queen. I never sell them.

Speaking of this, does anyone know what soul gem fragments are for?
Old 2011-11-22, 1:23 PM   #2769
Miles Standoffish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOWind View Post
Speaking of this, does anyone know what soul gem fragments are for?
enchanting? You capture souls in them and then use them as ingredients.
Old 2011-11-22, 1:25 PM   #2770
Squigit
Blaster Master... Chief?

Miles: There are actually items in particular called "Soul Gem Fragments" which are unable to hold souls. I have a few I've saved in a chest at home just in case, but I haven't found any use for them at all yet, and I've been wondering.

www.facebook.com/squigit
AIM: Squigit11

Smash Brawl friend code: 2836
-0009-3467
Squigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 1:28 PM   #2771
Miles Standoffish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigit View Post
Miles: There are actually items in particular called "Soul Gem Fragments" which are unable to hold souls. I have a few I've saved in a chest at home just in case, but I haven't found any use for them at all yet, and I've been wondering.
Oh!
Old 2011-11-22, 1:45 PM   #2772
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Yeah I saw some of those as well in Solitude, but I decided not to steal 'em. Still, I too wonder if they have any use. Mage College I imagine?
Old 2011-11-22, 1:56 PM   #2773
Lapak
Happiness Is Mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel3d View Post
Yeah I saw some of those as well in Solitude, but I decided not to steal 'em. Still, I too wonder if they have any use. Mage College I imagine?
I found some of them too, in a bandit cave I think. They're sitting in my random-junk chest at home.
Old 2011-11-22, 1:59 PM   #2774
ChildOWind
Ramen? Again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel3d View Post
This would make sense. I've been staying away from magic as a rule with this character (other than the rare healing spell or flames sometimes when I want to set off oil traps) so I haven't actually done much of anything with the college yet other than the first quest.

I have like 10 of the things. They sparkle purty.

Last edited by ChildOWind; 2011-11-22 at 2:01 PM.
ChildOWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 2:02 PM   #2775
Lapak
Happiness Is Mandatory

I'm amazed at how much there is in this game. I'm level 28 now, and I've only even seen three cities. Haven't been to the mage college, haven't been to the Bard college, haven't done more than take the first trip to High Hrothgar, haven't joined the Legion or the Stormcloaks, only done a quest each for the Companions and the Thieves - I feel like I've barely scratched the surface!