Forumopolis

Go Back   Forumopolis > Main > The Main Forum

Old 2012-05-03, 3:57 AM   #1701
dane
just sitting

AKA: Trickster

yeah i had no answer for them either, and i got to face them without that beastly Gutter Runner. My condolences
dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:01 AM   #1702
FFTimberwolf
Omni'Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by substratus View Post
I can play about any day starting about 8-9pm est at the earliest. I don't really want to start too late, so about 11pm est is the latest. I can do other times as well If I need to.
I probably wont be home tonight til 9ish, and available maybe 930. Tomorrow I'd be available after 8.
FFTimberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:14 AM   #1703
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

When's good for you DreadTech? This is my week with all my Final Projects.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:20 AM   #1704
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

Archangel and I will try again tonight.
"And lo, the day is coming and is now here when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. And without pants" -Book of No Pants, 4:23
#5 of 12
Steam ID: tebriel
Gamespy ID: [FO]Tebriel
Layton Avatar made by TheRyuuijnMike from gamefaqs.com
Tebriel is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 1:07 PM   #1705
Rutkowski
Anti-Authoritarian Action

AKA: Register, Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
Oh snap, you rig got blown up again! Yeah sorry, been busy busy and the schedule has been messy. I'll be around saturday and sunday for sure, either work?
Saturday at 20:00 GMT+1 then?
Old 2012-05-03, 9:14 PM   #1706
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

We're trying this again. Sweltering heat is troubling as Archangel receives.
"And lo, the day is coming and is now here when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. And without pants" -Book of No Pants, 4:23
#5 of 12
Old 2012-05-03, 9:53 PM   #1707
Laoke
Evil Little Ducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
yeah i had no answer for them either, and i got to face them without that beastly Gutter Runner. My condolences
It was more the complete inability to injure the damn rodents that did me in. 1 on 1 there's no way I can shut down a skaven team, I need to have a number advantage. And without Block / Tackle there's no way to reliably get them down.

I will admit, the blitz result which had 3 gutter-runners marking my only competent ball handler in the backline was a special kind of 'fuck yooooooou'

Basically, I had an answer. I was in a good position to make it 1-0 in the first half, and had I managed that then I probably could have forced him to come to me and locked him down given only a slight amount of luck.

He pulled off a brilliant play that I couldn't respond to in time though, and that made it 0 - 1 to him at half time, with him receiving the kick-off with pretty much a full strength team. That was never going to end well for me, and he just monstered me after that.

Still, I got a Minotaur with Guard, and a Chaos Warrior with RSC (and block already). And an additional reroll. So you know. It's getting better.

- Me, Call of Cthulhu Mafia game 2010
Laoke is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:01 PM   #1708
Phoenix-D
Who will you trust?

The play in question, by the way, was a Gutter Runner knocking down and stealing the ball from a Chaos Warrior. At that point I really didn't care how the rest of the game went: Mission Accomplished.
Phoenix-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:06 PM   #1709
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoke View Post
Still, I got a Minotaur with Guard,
Wha-huh? Chaos Minotaur is like the only Big Guy that has lots of better options than Guard and an entire team that can take Guard already.

Why Guard on the Mino?
Old 2012-05-03, 10:21 PM   #1710
DreadTechKarr
Dagwood

Sven, Tomorrow would be absolutely fantastic, between 7-9 pm (-6GMT) If not, I'm open over the weekend. Pick a time, and I can play. Also, next week availability is essentially 7-midnight all week.
DreadTechKarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:33 PM   #1711
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

Archangel's Elves are really dwarves in disguise. I have 5 players standing on the pitch after he scored to tie it 1-1. Least Elf-bally-team ever.
#5 of 12
Old 2012-05-03, 10:40 PM   #1712
Laoke
Evil Little Ducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Stryker View Post
Wha-huh? Chaos Minotaur is like the only Big Guy that has lots of better options than Guard and an entire team that can take Guard already.

Why Guard on the Mino?
Because the Mino is getting skills faster than anyone else and he already has RSC. Next step is tentacles.

I have no one else on the team who's likely to see Guard soon. I have 1, count them, 1 person with Block in the entire team.

Also - lots of better options? I plan for the Minotaur to be nothing more than an anchor for the team. I expect him to fail Wild Animal every time I roll. Accordingly I prefer to grab skills that make him more effective in that roll. RSC to start with, then Guard / Tentacles / Juggernaut is my usual progression. Arguably Disturbing Presence as well.

Why? What would you go for first?

- Me, Call of Cthulhu Mafia game 2010

Last edited by Laoke; 2012-05-03 at 11:59 PM.
Laoke is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:46 PM   #1713
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Excellent game by Teb that ended 2-1 with most of his guys knocked down, knocked out or in the injury box. Dwarfbowling Elves.

Rolled Doubles on my Blitzer, should I go with Guard, Mighty Blow or Leader?
I'm thinking Leader because it's a free reroll and I can't roll for crap, but I'm not sure. 90% of the time my Reroll rerolls a 1 anyway
Archangel3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:00 PM   #1714
Sheldon
4 Sterne am Fußballhimmel

High Elves, right? Don't take Leader. Leader is for your Throwers and would be a waste of a double. For Blitzers Guard or Mighty Blow are strong choices.

I'd say go train yourself a Guard, if this would be your first. In an perfect world, Linos take Guard on doubles and Blitzers take Mighty Blow, but you gotta take Guard where you can get it. If you already have 1-2 other Guard players on the team, go with Mighty Blow.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:02 PM   #1715
Archangel3d
Watch Your Mouth

Arrighty, took Guard. Thanks
Archangel3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 4:37 AM   #1716
Edge

AKA: Zeitgeist

Quote:
We have the pleasure today to officially announce the upcoming release in September of Blood Bowl's ultimate edition: the Chaos Edition!

In Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, 3 new races are making their triumphant arrival on the field, making a total of 23 playable races! The malevolent and much-anticipated Chaos Dwarves finally make their entrance, while the outcasts of the Underworld teams surface for the first time to participate in the tournament! This is just the beginning of a new season full of touchdowns and blood, as Blood Bowl also welcomes, for the very first time in history, the Daemons of Khorne, hailing all the way from the Chaos realms! The new stadium, recently erected by Amazons and Lizardmen in the very heart of their tropical jungle, is more than ready to welcome all the new teams seeking to win the Blood Bowl!

Today's three screenshots give the first glimpse of this new stadium as well as the three new races.

World Championship mode expands even further the solo experience of Blood Bowl. From national qualifying games to continental cups to the final tournament, the competition just got bloodier! The online mode will of course be available with its intense matches, vicious private leagues, and global rankings! Get ready for another round of high fantasy football as Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition races for the touchdown!

http://bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?...ws-info&id=300

Last edited by Edge; 2012-05-04 at 4:40 AM.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 5:32 AM   #1717
Sheldon
4 Sterne am Fußballhimmel

I'm most excited about the new stadium.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 8:01 AM   #1718
Lemonheaded
Something Wicked

AKA: Mofo

What are the green dudes? Chaos Dwarves?
Lemonheaded is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 8:04 AM   #1719
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonheaded View Post
What are the green dudes? Chaos Dwarves?
Probably Underworld Goblins since they have an Underworld troll nearby. There are Hobgoblins on the Chaos Dwarf team though. Chaos Dwarves and the Bull Centaurs are the guys with the big weird hats.
Old 2012-05-04, 8:07 AM   #1720
Lemonheaded
Something Wicked

AKA: Mofo

Ahh, that makes sense, I see them in the back now.
Lemonheaded is offline I donated to Forumopolis!   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 8:19 AM   #1721
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

Underworld is basically the Dodgy man's Chaos team. Goblins and Skaven with normal Mutation access. Two-Heads gives a +1 to dodge, meaning Goblins ignore tackle zones with Stunty, and only fail a dodge 1/36 times no matter what due to Dodge and an effective 4 AG. Having Big Hand and Extra Arms works the same way as Stunty and Two-Heads, but it applies to picking up the ball. So if you ever drop it, they can swoop in and pick it up. They can also get Claw or Horns on everyone, and their Warpstone Troll can get Grab and Tentacles on Normal rolls. The Skaven serve as your Block/Wrestle players. Underworld Skaven have Animosity, meaning they won't give the ball to non-skaven 1 out of 6 times.

Basically, Stunty players have terrible skill access like Big Guys do, and giving goblins normal Mutation access makes skilling them up a lot scarier. (they still can't get Wrestle/Block without doubles though!)

I can give you my synopsis of Chaos Dwarves too, but they should already be in the LRB6/CR.

Last edited by Sven Stryker; 2012-05-04 at 8:26 AM.
Sven Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 9:23 AM   #1722
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

That seems a very....small list for a new edition. I know that's really all they've got left, but I'd be hard pressed to pay $50 (if that's how it goes) for 3 teams and a new stadium. Single player doesn't interest me.
#5 of 12
Old 2012-05-04, 9:33 AM   #1723
Sven Stryker
Hi little guy!

No, it really isn't all they've got left. They should be adding Chaos Pact and mother fucking Slann, not their Khorne shit. At least add CHAOS PACT IN THE CHAOS EDITION.
Old 2012-05-04, 9:49 AM   #1724
Tebriel
Here's my answer!

What other stuff is out there to add? I'm unfamiliar with the tabletop version, so I incorrectly thought those couple of races were it.
#5 of 12
Old 2012-05-04, 9:51 AM   #1725
Kickflip Jones
Coolest kid in school.

AKA: Buzzard, Slowpoke. Meatrocket Jones, The Mark Sanchez Variety Hour

Where the FUCK are the Trick-Play cards.
Kickflip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote