PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age looks so retarded

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Ryleh
2009-11-27, 1:20 AM
Okay thanks!

Not a problem.

Here is the white teeth mod link: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44 (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44)

ieya
2009-11-27, 3:41 AM
Here is the white teeth mod link: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44 (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44)... I am mildly amused that there're folk who feel the need for a mod that gives everyone in a low-tech gritty world, modern dentistry.

Jimmy McForum
2009-11-27, 6:41 AM
So I said fuck the last boss, and rerolled a City Elf warrior, and I'm going to do it smart this time.So I caved and bought the Deluxe version on Steam and now we own an Xbox 360 and a PC version of the game.

What mods are must haves? The teeth mod? The mod to add more people to the party? The mod for a chest in the camp? What are they and where can I find them? :)
titty mod

so you can see the desire demon's titties

CyanideRush
2009-11-27, 8:09 AM
Real quick question, I've just finished Alister's personal quest and have the option to say "Everyone is out for themselves", which apparently "hardens him up". But what does it do for his personality? He's seemed cool the whole game. I just don't want to turn him into a dick and dragon age wiki doesn't go into specfics.

Brent Not Broken
2009-11-27, 8:31 AM
... I am mildly amused that there're folk who feel the need for a mod that gives everyone in a low-tech gritty world, modern dentistry.Ferelden contains:

- eyeshadow in every color you'd care to name
- no toothpaste at all, apparently

dane
2009-11-27, 8:34 AM
and coloured contacts!

ieya
2009-11-27, 9:05 AM
Ferelden contains:

- eyeshadow in every color you'd care to name
- no toothpaste at all, apparentlyColoured powder to smear around eyes is not exactly high tech - the ancient Egyptians were using kohl around 3-4000BC.

Toothpaste, certainly the stuff we know, only goes back to the 18th century or so. An H2G2 entry (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2818686) I quickly found suggests that around 1000AD, the Persians were usingburnt hartshorn, the burnt shells of snails and burnt gypsum. Other Persian recipes involved dried animal parts, herbs, honey and minerals. One recipe to strengthen teeth includes green lead, verdigris, incense, honey and powdered flintstoneI have a sneaking suspicion that those wouldn't exactly lead to pearly whites!

DBZ Is Gold
2009-11-27, 10:59 AM
Their teeth are also perfect, aside from the brown. And jeez, they have magic. What, you can bring someone back from the dead but can't bleach their chompers?

ENCHANTMENT! *enchants teeth with grandmaster whiteness rune*

Archangel3d
2009-11-27, 11:27 AM
Their teeth are also perfect, aside from the brown. And jeez, they have magic. What, you can bring someone back from the dead but can't bleach their chompers?

ENCHANTMENT! *enchants teeth with grandmaster whiteness rune*

Oh yes. Magic. The thing that acts as a beacon for the demons of the Fade. There's something that I'd want to have doing delicate work in my mouth. I too would totally want to have a Rage Demon growing out of my bicuspid. It can have a party with my Abomincisor.

The Conqueror Worm
2009-11-27, 11:29 AM
gonna see if best buy still has this

DBZ Is Gold
2009-11-27, 11:36 AM
Oh yes. Magic. The thing that acts as a beacon for the demons of the Fade. There's something that I'd want to have doing delicate work in my mouth. I too would totally want to have a Rage Demon growing out of my bicuspid. It can have a party with my Abomincisor.

Price you gotta pay for lookin' good. :gleam:

Killjoy
2009-11-27, 12:18 PM
titty mod

so you can see the desire demon's titties
I'm much more concerned about the character underwear which they shouldn't have had because it just looks stupid during the sex scenes; better to not have had those scenes at all.

Dataphiliac
2009-11-27, 12:27 PM
Which is the best titty mod out there?

Jimmy McForum
2009-11-27, 12:36 PM
I'm much more concerned about the character underwear which they shouldn't have had because it just looks stupid during the sex scenes; better to not have had those scenes at all.
Ugh, agreed. Did they keep the draws on just to kowtow to Fox News, I wonder?

Archangel3d
2009-11-27, 12:37 PM
So far there aren't any good ones, mostly because the meshes and bump maps have the delineation where the bra ends, it's not just a texture, so it looks really weird, as if they were wearing skin-colored bras.

Except Morrigan.

ieya
2009-11-27, 12:38 PM
Look, gore being splattered everywhere is quite OK for adults to look at, but the thought that someone might see naked CGI butt or *gasp* boobies?

HERESY I say!

Tortuga Maņana
2009-11-27, 12:39 PM
I'm assuming the underwear sex is probably there to ensure they don't get slapped with an adult rating by the ESRB.

Jamster
2009-11-27, 1:02 PM
Myself, I can't wait for Dragon Age: The Witcher Edition

Killjoy
2009-11-27, 1:43 PM
Look, gore being splattered everywhere is quite OK for adults to look at, but the thought that someone might see naked CGI butt or *gasp* boobies?

HERESY I say!
It's always hard for me to judge these things because I'm somewhat uncomfortable with sex being represented in media (movies, TV, etc). Not to say that I'm against it existing (what other people watch is their business), but I usually don't care to watch it myself.

So my mind is split on this: on the one hand I tend to be a little uncomfortable with sex in video games (same as with other media), but on the other hand I feel like if they're going to have it in video games then they should find some way to do it that isn't stupid (ex. characters sexing with underwear on).

I suppose there might be an underwear dry hump fetish in the world of Dragon Age, but if so then I missed the explanation.

Striker
2009-11-27, 3:45 PM
Well, if the actual models are modable then a real nude mod is just a matter of time.

Archangel3d
2009-11-27, 3:54 PM
Apparently altering the models is considerably harder than textures. Waaaaay harder, the way people are bitching about it.

The only reason Morrigan, the Desire Demon and the Lady of the Woods have been done well is that the meshes covering their chests are separate from their body, and thus texturers can apply Alpha to them, making that covering mesh invisible. Everyone else has covering built into the mesh itself. [/3dnerd]

Jamster
2009-11-27, 4:07 PM
Yes, for someone to remodel certain parts (and in essence creating a new model and re-texturing) it can take a while, though Dragon Age isn't that SUPREMELY complex. Still, it would take "one dude" a while to do for all of them.

edit: also, I always love the fact that the thing people want to do the quickest is the nude mods lol

Archangel3d
2009-11-27, 4:13 PM
*shrug*
Nude Mods are to modding what fanfiction is to literature. It's rather tasteless and ultimately pointless, but you know that no matter how bad it is, it'll have an audience. At best it's a stepping stone to the "real deal", at worst it's a shameful little secret.

Jamster
2009-11-27, 4:15 PM
I for one have no problem with seeing any slutty character nude tho, in fact I would consider this canon.

Dataphiliac
2009-11-27, 4:15 PM
My first two thoughts for changes this game needs were literally
1) No place to store my items?
2) No way to respec?!

And lo and behold, those are the two most popular mods on the site.

Yunara
2009-11-27, 4:35 PM

Demons are attracted to MAGES not magic. So destistry would therefore be a high risk occupation, but there's no negative side effect for you personally, unless you come to your appointment and suddenly your destist is an abomination.

In all seriousness however, I don't care that crappy teeth, and persistant blood spatter is "More Realistic" I don't want to have to look at it all day.

Gilead
2009-11-27, 4:49 PM
Yes, for someone to remodel certain parts (and in essence creating a new model and re-texturing) it can take a while, though Dragon Age isn't that SUPREMELY complex. Still, it would take "one dude" a while to do for all of them.

edit: also, I always love the fact that the thing people want to do the quickest is the nude mods lol
It'll take even longer if they're only using one hand.

Windansea
2009-11-27, 4:54 PM
Morrigan having a bra in the sex scene makes no sense because she doesn't have a bra on when she's just out fighting monsters with you. Where the hell did that thing come from?!

ieya
2009-11-27, 5:07 PM
Morrigan having a bra in the sex scene makes no sense because she doesn't have a bra on when she's just out fighting monsters with you. Where the hell did that thing come from?!The same place it magically appears from if you remove her robe!

Jimmy McForum
2009-11-27, 5:10 PM
A bedsheet in the love scenes would have fixed everything.

Glenn Beckett
2009-11-28, 11:38 PM
Demons are attracted to MAGES not magic. So destistry would therefore be a high risk occupation, but there's no negative side effect for you personally, unless you come to your appointment and suddenly your destist is an abomination.

In all seriousness however, I don't care that crappy teeth, and persistant blood spatter is "More Realistic" I don't want to have to look at it all day.

Sounds like their dentists are abominations.

Swell
2009-11-28, 11:45 PM
A bedsheet in the love scenes would have fixed everything.

This. It's not that I want to see sex in my game, but you can handle it in a tasteful manner that doesn't look dumb. I would have sooner the naughty bits been blocked by camera angles than look at bra, panties, and loin cloth.

Midnight
2009-11-29, 1:52 AM
So, what, no boobs in this game? Then what the hell is the "nudity" mark on the ESRB for?

Common Sensei
2009-11-29, 2:26 AM
So, what, no boobs in this game? Then what the hell is the "nudity" mark on the ESRB for?

Desire Demons, I'm guessing, since they're like 99% topless.

Jimmy McForum
2009-11-29, 6:42 AM
There are full breasts, but no nipples.

Moldywart
2009-11-29, 7:07 AM
This. It's not that I want to see sex in my game, but you can handle it in a tasteful manner that doesn't look dumb. I would have sooner the naughty bits been blocked by camera angles than look at bra, panties, and loin cloth.

Exactly. Or have the guts to follow through on the nudity. Iīm not even sure that would be such a big deal; hell, CD Projekt got away with patching The Witcher EE to "european" levels of nudity, including at least one instance of a top AND bottomless Dryad.

Edit: Curses, someone beat me on mentioning The Witcher. Missed that on first pass.

The Conqueror Worm
2009-11-29, 7:09 AM
There are full breasts, but no nipples.
what kind of godless world is this

Moldywart
2009-11-29, 7:15 AM
Taking a hard left into Different Subject lane dimension.

I just had the strangest thought: Somehow, Morrigans Attitude (with capital A) makes me think of her as a younger (and female, obviously) version of Greg House before The Leg.

Edit: :P

Jimmy McForum
2009-11-29, 7:18 AM
That's a hard left, all right. That's a hard left, where you skid on an oil patch or black ice or something, go over the guardrail, down a ravine and winding up and a shallow lake up to the wheelwell.

dane
2009-11-29, 8:55 AM
hard left? that's a fucking dimension shift, buddy.

Rutkowski
2009-11-29, 3:18 PM
My 28 hours(and about the same in game percentage) savefile was lost when some douchebag stole my laptop two days ago. =(

Now to try an Elven warrior instead!

Mark Waters
2009-11-29, 7:22 PM
Okay so I dumped Morrigan and I want to bang Leliana who's at like +90 approval but won't let me up in them guts

WAT DO

DBZ Is Gold
2009-11-29, 7:28 PM
100 approval!

Mark Waters
2009-11-29, 7:30 PM
Seriously? Morrigan was making out with me at like +5. This is bullshit. I'll just go fuck Zevran.

PrinceAli
2009-11-29, 7:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you also have finish her sidequest to officially start her romance.

Mark Waters
2009-11-29, 7:34 PM
Did that.

Lapak
2009-11-29, 7:53 PM
Did that.I was romancing her (but not sleeping with her) well before I finished her quest. Early on, she has a conversation tree involving whether you think of her as a friend, or not, or possibly something more - it seems based on comments that failing to navigate that one correctly shuts down her romance option for a LONG time, though you can eventually open it back up again.

Hawque
2009-11-29, 8:25 PM
A new helmet removal mod has popped up!

http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=202

It's still not perfect (have to use an item's ability to remove a helm you're wearing) but it's definitely nicer than the helmets popping on and off whenever you get into a fight.

Swell
2009-11-30, 12:27 PM
Oh my god.

Caradin's Cross is huge. Do not tell yourself, "Eh, I'll just finish out this dungeon then get ready for work" cause jesus it's big

CyanideRush
2009-11-30, 12:30 PM
Oh my god.

Caradin's Cross is huge. Do not tell yourself, "Eh, I'll just finish out this dungeon then get ready for work" cause jesus it's big

It was so large that I didn't want to play anymore.

Dataphiliac
2009-11-30, 12:31 PM
I was in the same position as Mark. You actually have to lower your rating with her and then pick up the conversation again on your way up. Hope you've saved lots of gifts (those Graces tend to work well)...

Requesting Bear
2009-11-30, 12:35 PM
i meta all relationship shit.

Syngyne
2009-11-30, 12:36 PM
My character is all lovey dovey with Leliana, but Morrigan got all misty when I gave her the mirror. I talked her into being just friends, though, so everything is a world of donuts now. She even gave approval when she said she hoped the dalliances with Leliana were worth it, and I answered "Oh, you have no idea..."

Rook
2009-11-30, 3:44 PM
It was so large that I didn't want to play anymore.

This was the one stretch of the game that made me not want to play it. The whole Orzammar thing was so damn long and drawn out that I was starting to think finishing the game was not worth the investment.

If I went there right after Lothering, I probably wouldn't have finished. I'd already done Redcliffe and the stuff with the Dalish though, so I felt obligated to push on since I'd invested so much in it already.

CyanideRush
2009-11-30, 3:51 PM
This was the one stretch of the game that made me not want to play it. The whole Orzammar thing was so damn long and drawn out that I was starting to think finishing the game was not worth the investment.

If I went there right after Lothering, I probably wouldn't have finished. I'd already done Redcliffe and the stuff with the Dalish though, so I felt obligated to push on since I'd invested so much in it already.

All I kept thinking was "jesus christ, where is all the role playing and story? It's been replaced with combat over and over and over ..."

gamerk2
2009-11-30, 3:55 PM
A LOT happens in Ozarmarr, but its mainly to set up the decisions you have to make in the landsmeet. Really, Denerim and Ozarmarr are in the same exact situation, and that point is shoved down you're throat during the quests at Ozarmarr. You also get a firsthand view of what can go wrong if you make the "wrong" choice...

Ozarmarr wasn't too bad; maybe 4 hours if you do all the quests. Dragged a bit, but considering the environment, Ozarmarr almost had the be the largest area of the game. (Fixing the memory leak in the game could help a TON though; 10 minute load times if you play through it non-stop :D)

Alymon
2009-11-30, 3:56 PM
All I kept thinking was "jesus christ, where is all the role playing and story? It's been replaced with combat over and over and over ..."

Yeah Orzammar was by far the longest and most painful section.

Rook
2009-11-30, 4:00 PM
As soon as I got out of Orzammar, Shale started whining at me in camp to go back and FIND HIS DESTINY or some shit.

Come on, after all that, you're really going to ask me to go back? God damn I hate you, Shale.

Common Sensei
2009-11-30, 4:10 PM
As soon as I got out of Orzammar, Shale started whining at me in camp to go back and FIND HIS DESTINY or some shit.

Come on, after all that, you're really going to ask me to go back? God damn I hate you, Shale.

I say they could have made the second "trust" task the only task you do to gain trust for whoever you're supporting and skip that first section of the Deep Roads. It would have flowed better that way.

Windansea
2009-11-30, 4:15 PM
Does the story of the individual cities change at all depending on which order you do them in?

The Lazarus
2009-11-30, 4:42 PM
No, they're not really connected to each other.

Moldywart
2009-11-30, 8:44 PM
My character is all lovey dovey with Leliana, but Morrigan got all misty when I gave her the mirror. I talked her into being just friends, though, so everything is a world of donuts now. She even gave approval when she said she hoped the dalliances with Leliana were worth it, and I answered "Oh, you have no idea..."

Wait, so you CAN have them both? I thought I had bugged my save when Leliana basically jumped me (and damn, some of her pillow talk makes Morrigan look like a catholic school girl!) after I chose Morrigan when both of them hit me with the "Me or her, choose!" convo.

Melanchthon
2009-11-30, 11:16 PM
Wait, so you CAN have them both? I thought I had bugged my save when Leliana basically jumped me (and damn, some of her pillow talk makes Morrigan look like a catholic school girl!) after I chose Morrigan when both of them hit me with the "Me or her, choose!" convo.
I know in my case I romanced Morrigan first and did the deed, then flirted up Leeloo and strung both of them along with little white lies 'till Leeloo finally confronted me with the dreaded ultimatum. So I let Morrigan down easy and went for the redhead.

Syngyne
2009-12-01, 12:55 AM
Wait, so you CAN have them both?
I got a convo with Morrigan saying that she'd never really had a friend before, and she asked if we could ever be more than that. I picked the choice that said maybe under the right circumstances, and she said that she understood and her rating went from Love to Friendly, but there were other choices where you could say yes. I think at that point she'd give you the "me or her" talk, though.

dane
2009-12-01, 1:14 AM
final battle intro spoilers

so the eve of the final battle morrigan drops a fucking bomb. I knew she was nuts and was actually waiting for something like this the entire game; i hate the stupid bitch so i booted her out of my room and told her i'd rather die than have a kid with her. ouch.

she obviously buggers right off, but now i'm in deep shit as i'm left without a healer in the final battle; Wynne already left me. I've got healing poultices out the arse but is the final battle even remotely doable without a mage?

GeoGonzo
2009-12-01, 1:28 AM
Yes, it is. It did less damage to my tank than a regular dragon and you wont fight it by yourselves. Also, making a last stand in a roof with four ballistas just isn't very clever.

Jimmy McForum
2009-12-01, 4:15 AM
There are ballistae?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Laoke
2009-12-01, 5:32 AM
There are ballistae?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yes, ones that deal quite a chunk of ranged damage.

I take it then that when you restarted, you did so because you couldn't work out a way to damage the boss when he enters P2? Oh. That's.... tragic I think is the word. Yes, tragic.

And extremely amusing : )

Striker
2009-12-01, 5:46 AM
Yes, it is. It did less damage to my tank than a regular dragon and you wont fight it by yourselves. Also, making a last stand in a roof with four ballistas just isn't very clever.

It's not like the boss had a choice, after what Riordan did to it :P.

Also, the ballistae weren't nearly as useful in my case as the circle mages I'd kept in reserve for that fight. The Dalish could work too, but I'd used them twice already (no casualties though) and wanted to give the mages a chance to shine too. Do NOT use the redcliffe troops or the dwarves in that battle...that will only lead to tears.

ieya
2009-12-01, 6:02 AM
Do NOT use the redcliffe troops or the dwarves in that battle...that will only lead to tears.Not that I tried them, but if your own party was strong on ranged / ballista usage, would they not at least do a halfway decent job of mopping up the assorted annoying darkspawn while you deal with Cuddles the Archdemon?

Striker
2009-12-01, 6:07 AM
Not that I tried them, but if your own party was strong on ranged / ballista usage, would they not at least do a halfway decent job of mopping up the assorted annoying darkspawn while you deal with Cuddles the Archdemon?

The adds are irrelevant if you managed to get the Legion of the Dead to fight for you on the surface. Their commander shows up in the final battle and, together with Eamon, WTFPWNs all the fodder. Plus, if you use the mages in that fight, Irving will deal with anything that gets through in very entertaining and terminal ways.

Jimmy McForum
2009-12-01, 7:40 AM
Yes, ones that deal quite a chunk of ranged damage.

I take it then that when you restarted, you did so because you couldn't work out a way to damage the boss when he enters P2? Oh. That's.... tragic I think is the word. Yes, tragic.

And extremely amusing : )

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAsmartass

On the plus side, though, I didn't overwrite that save; I might give that a whack tonight.

Moldywart
2009-12-01, 8:14 AM
I got a convo with Morrigan saying that she'd never really had a friend before, and she asked if we could ever be more than that. I picked the choice that said maybe under the right circumstances, and she said that she understood and her rating went from Love to Friendly, but there were other choices where you could say yes. I think at that point she'd give you the "me or her" talk, though.

I can only get her to talk about friendship by breaking up with her first. Is breaking up with her actually a required step to move forward here?

Syngyne
2009-12-01, 8:27 AM
I can only get her to talk about friendship by breaking up with her first. Is breaking up with her actually a required step to move forward here?
I never got into a relationship with her, so no.

dane
2009-12-01, 10:28 AM
just finished this beautiful, marvelous game.

I couldn't let alistair do it; i took the archdemon down and i was stoked with the ending that i got. The possibilities for different endings in this game are huge.

also, i saw the ballistae but died every time i tried to use them, they do shitloads of damage but they're clunky and there isn't always one that can hit the archdemon where it's standing. I just equipped everyone with bows and anti-darkspawn ammo and turned the purple squishy fucker into a pincushion.

also, the add armies are fuckin annoying, not being able to call additional reserves until ALL the previous ones are dead cost me two reloads due to one soldier being caught on a ledge somwhere; but they work great for distracting the archdemon long enough to flank him.

nowhere near as hard as i thought it would be, but a very satisfying end to a great game. Now to reroll another character!

Doc Stylo
2009-12-01, 11:10 AM
So this game look p.cool I guess. Should I get it for my brother for Xmas on the PS3 (his pc would choke and die if i put the game anywhere near it)? He's always had a love for fantasy settings but I think hes worried that its a game that will try to consume his life like WoW did. I think it would be good for his because it seems mission/chapter based and it would be a great way for him to relax on a night by playing a few missions/parts.

Yunara
2009-12-01, 11:14 AM
just finished this beautiful, marvelous game.

I couldn't let alistair do it; i took the archdemon down and i was stoked with the ending that i got. The possibilities for different endings in this game are huge.

There are 4 different endings, although all with minor variations depending on your choices in the game. I really did NOT want to let Alistair kill the dragon, but sadly I was playing a Mage, and had not accepted Morigans offer, and Alistair was in LOVE with me. So I did not have an option. It seems like if Alistair is in love status, he will not let you kill the archdemon.

Alymon
2009-12-01, 11:16 AM
So this game look p.cool I guess. Should I get it for my brother for Xmas on the PS3 (his pc would choke and die if i put the game anywhere near it)? He's always had a love for fantasy settings but I think hes worried that its a game that will try to consume his life like WoW did. I think it would be good for his because it seems mission/chapter based and it would be a great way for him to relax on a night by playing a few missions/parts.

It's an awesome game. It's not as consuming as WoW because there's nothing stopping you from saving the game wherever you are and quitting til you have time to play again. It's not like you'll be knee deep in a raid with 20 people depending on you.

However, it is very consuming. Just depends on the person. I've probably put 80-90 hours into the game over the course of a month. There are times when I don't want to stop, but it's never caused me to neglect any responsibilities.

Alymon
2009-12-01, 11:18 AM
There are 4 different endings, although all with minor variations depending on your choices in the game. I really did NOT want to let Alistair kill the dragon, but sadly I was playing a Mage, and had not accepted Morigans offer, and Alistair was in LOVE with me. So I did not have an option. It seems like if Alistair is in love status, he will not let you kill the archdemon.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to get each ending?

ENDING SPOILERS
I've gotten one where I took Morrigan up on her offer and had her sleep with Alistair. I figure there's probably one for me sacrificing myself, one for Alistair sacrificing himself. What's the 4th?

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 11:20 AM
Yeah, if you're a completionist or an explorer, you can easily put in 60-80 hours on the first playthrough alone, then you'll want to do a couple more playthroughs to get every quest and achievement done and explore the dialogue trees and all. It's a lot easier to play in small spurts than end-game WoW, but I have still wiled away whole weekends on it. So in theory, you can still "get lost" in it, though there is a theoretical end to the content.

dane
2009-12-01, 11:29 AM
yeah, this game has owned my soul for the last month but it's only been an after hours thing, i play deep in to the night but it doesn't get in the way of anything else. Alymon nailed it, really.

it'd make a great gift, you should get it. If he played/liked BG2, he'll love this.

ieya
2009-12-01, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know what needs to be done to get each ending?

ENDING SPOILERS
I've gotten one where I took Morrigan up on her offer and had her sleep with Alistair. I figure there's probably one for me sacrificing myself, one for Alistair sacrificing himself. What's the 4th?

Presumably there's one for Logain being the demon-killing Grey Warden too, assuming we discount the 'everyone dies, demons win' ending?

Melanchthon
2009-12-01, 11:34 AM
Presumably there's one for Logain being the demon-killing Grey Warden too, assuming we discount the 'everyone dies, demons win' ending?
I really wish you could convince Alistair to stay if you recruit Loghain. Then there'd be no messing about with sacrificing yourself or Al, and no demon baby. Let the asshole that nearly lost the war for all of Ferelden sacrifice himself to end it.

Syngyne
2009-12-01, 11:36 AM
My character seems to have adopted an unorthodox fighting style. Here he is, stabbing the hell out of a dwarf with a bow and quiver.

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 11:37 AM
I really wish you could convince Alistair to stay if you recruit Loghain. Then there'd be no messing about with sacrificing yourself or Al, and no demon baby. Let the asshole that nearly lost the war for all of Ferelden sacrifice himself to end it.

I've heard it's possible to make Al King so that he at least "stays" as King while keeping Loghain alive, but I have not tried to get that ending yet myself.

Striker
2009-12-01, 11:43 AM
I've heard it's possible to make Al King so that he at least "stays" as King while keeping Loghain alive, but I have not tried to get that ending yet myself.

That seems to be the 'best' ending overall, really. Alistair lives and gets to rule. Loghain gets a shot at redemption-by-death and will probably be remembered as a tragic figure rather than a complete monster. And there's no draconic antichrist...until the next blight.

Requesting Bear
2009-12-01, 12:17 PM
To be honest, for the first week or two I had the game, I definitely neglected some responsibilities. My family has super-addictive personalities, and I hadn't been addicted to anything lately (I'd been doing really well!) and so, yeah...

I finally managed to break myself away. But it's still kinda in the back of my head all the time.

edit: Girlfriend was not happy for the first two weeks but I made it up to her.

Yunara
2009-12-01, 12:26 PM

Yes, the last ending is to recruit Logain, losing Alistair as a party member in the process, and then have Logain strike the killing blow. So to recap there are 4 possibilities. You die, Alistair dies, Logain dies or Morigan's Ritual, no one dies (yet)

ieya
2009-12-01, 12:34 PM
Aye - I know Alastair leaves because he really cannot face the man who betrayed the Wardens becoming one, but the logic of "Look, we know someone has to die ... better that some good comes of his death, than either of us have to die, surely" seems unarguable!

Striker
2009-12-01, 12:35 PM
Aye - I know Alastair leaves because he really cannot face the man who betrayed the Wardens becoming one, but the logic of "Look, we know someone has to die ... better that some good comes of his death, than either of us have to die, surely" seems unarguable!

Well, it's Alistair.

ieya
2009-12-01, 12:37 PM
Well, it's Alistair.Harsh .. but .. yeah.

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 12:41 PM
I can't dig up the link at the moment, but David Gaider did offer an explanation on the official forums for Alistair's complete rejection of leaving Loghain alive for any reason that did make a good amount of sense, or at least revealed his writer's justification for it. If no-one else has the link handy, I'll search for it after work or on my lunch break.

gamerk2
2009-12-01, 3:38 PM
If you could quote the text, that would be great.

gamerk2
2009-12-01, 3:39 PM

To be fair, Allister and the hero aren't told about the whole "A Warden needs to die" bit until AFTER the event with Logain, so his total rejection does make some sense.

Anyone try making Al king, having Logain join, and still accepting Morrigans offer? So basically, all three (Hero, Logain, and Allister) live?

Tobiath
2009-12-01, 3:47 PM
To be fair, Allister and the hero aren't told about the whole "A Warden needs to die" bit until AFTER the event with Logain, so his total rejection does make some sense.

Anyone try making Al king, having Logain join, and still accepting Morrigans offer? So basically, all three (Hero, Logain, and Allister) live?

Loghain makes a pretty funny comment when asking Morrigan if she minds if he closes his eyes and pretends its his dead wife instead

Nim
2009-12-01, 3:48 PM
Loghain makes a pretty funny comment when asking Morrigan if she minds if he closes his eyes and pretends its his dead wife instead

Wow, I must try this on my next play through.

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 3:58 PM
I can't dig up the link at the moment, but David Gaider did offer an explanation on the official forums for Alistair's complete rejection of leaving Loghain alive for any reason that did make a good amount of sense, or at least revealed his writer's justification for it. If no-one else has the link handy, I'll search for it after work or on my lunch break.

Here it is:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/47/index/202678

Gaider's comments below, spoilered because they are END GAME SPOILERS:

"Personally I don't think Alistair would let Loghain go. He swore that Loghain would die for what he did, and while there are many things that Alistair can be talked out of, things that he sees as his duty or promises he's made are not those things. I don't really mind if someone wishes to make a mod and pretend that Alistair would do that, if they really really must have their happy romantic ending prancing off into the sunset and nothing else in the game is important to them, but it *is* pretend. So long as you're okay with that, so am I.

As for Riordan, this has been discussed elsewhere. He didn't know that Alistair and the PC weren't aware of the Archdemon Solution (not realizing that they were both new recruits, perhaps). Even if he did, there's also no way that Riordan could have realized that the showdown with the Archdemon would come before the Orlesian Grey Wardens could be brought to Ferelden. His suggestion that more Grey Wardens might be useful is just that.

Just because YOU guys know now in meta-gamey fashion that making Loghain a Grey Warden is the more convenient way for the romance plot to go your way doesn't mean that Riordan or Alistair know that. Frankly, even if Alistair DID know I'm not sure that he would believe giving Loghain that honor -- remember, he considers being a Grey Warden and making their sacrifice an honor -- to be a good thing."

And Again:

"You can convince him to become King because him not wanting to be a King is based entirely on his self-esteem. He doesn't think he would be a good King. He doesn't think anyone would want him there. Is it surprising that someone he loves telling him he should be King after all might be something he'd consider?

You can convince him to sleep with Morrigan. Yes, but this has nothing to do with contravening his duty. He has no duty to NOT sleep with Morrigan. He never promised not to give her a baby, and while he doesn't like her she's never DONE anything to him. Chances are, even if you bring up the baby he'll only agree if he knows the ritual will save your life. Or SOMEONE'S life. He's not even concerned about his own.

You can convince him to join a threesome. Again, he's not celibate, or even a prude really. Twisting someone's rubber arm is not exactly a giant leap for his character.

You can convince him to let Zevran join the team. And why couldn't you? Zevran attacked you all, yes, but he didn't kill anyone in the party. If Zevran had, do you think Alistair would have been so eager? Hardly. He doesn't trust Zevran, but it's not as if Zevran killed Duncan or any of his friends.

He will remain at your side after killing Isolde or Connor, yes, but keep in mind the difference here: at some level he feels he owes Arl Eamon and is angry about being directly (or indirectly) responsible for the death of his wife or son -- but their deaths break no promise of his. It's not as if he didn't know something needed to be done in Redcliffe, he's simply very upset how it went down.

With Loghain, however, it's a different matter. He swore that the man would die. Loghain is responsible for the death of Duncan and all his friends in the Grey Wardens. He thinks the man is evil, and if anything his DUTY would be to keep him OUT of the Grey Wardens.

You think Alistair could be convinced because you want to think that. Alistair isn't spineless, but you're arguing that he is and should bend to your every whim because-- why? Because you're selfish? I get the desire behind it, but let's not mistake one thing for the other. Anyone saying they "know Alistair" and believe he would actually do such a thing is ignoring one of the most important things about him.

If you really want to change Alistair into someone else because that makes it more convenient to have your happy ending, I get it and I understand. But I know my character."

Windansea
2009-12-01, 4:03 PM
God DAMN that's a great write up. That writer OWNS.

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 4:03 PM
God DAMN that's a great write up. That writer OWNS.

Of course he owns, he invented Alistair. :)

Windansea
2009-12-01, 4:08 PM
The writer just came through the screen and punched all the fans in the face.

Requesting Bear
2009-12-01, 4:10 PM
Summation: "You can change him if you want, but you're selfish, and wrong. Sometimes, shit happens."

:D

Jobrill
2009-12-01, 4:15 PM
The very fact that Alistair and Morrigan very obviously have minds of their own at the end game and just won't do what you want is one of the reasons this is an incredible game and probably my favorite Western RPG of all time despite not having been out for long.

The Lazarus
2009-12-01, 4:32 PM
The character of Loghain is also a little more interesting if you've read the Dragon Age novel, as he figures pretty prominently in it. And before you say anything about video game novels, it was written by David Gaider.

Edit: The Stolen Throne (http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Stolen-David-Gaider/dp/0765324083/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259706785&sr=8-13)

CyanideRush
2009-12-01, 4:41 PM
And before you say anything about video game novels, it was written by David Gaider.

I actually enjoyed the hell out of both Gears of War novels... :cry:

Yunara
2009-12-01, 4:43 PM
RE: Ending choices.

I was so mad at Alistair at the end for charging the Archdeamon and not letting me do it. But it makes perfect sense if he loves your character.

What I hated more however is how my character just stood there and let him do it. I think a more appropriate way for that to unfold would have been for both of us to charge the demon and just leave it up to fate to decide which of us died. That was pretty much the only major situation where I felt I wasn't given an option to do what I wanted my character to do.

Common Sensei
2009-12-01, 11:49 PM
If you want the game to return to its perception as of page one, someone is working on fulfilling your desire:

http://social.bioware.com/project/1096/

Nim
2009-12-02, 12:21 AM
If you want the game to return to its perception as of page one, someone is working on fulfilling your desire:

Hahah, what the fuck?

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-02, 12:27 AM
player! generated! content!

gamerk2
2009-12-02, 7:08 AM

Blocked at work...can I get a summation?

ieya
2009-12-02, 8:04 AM
Blocked at work...can I get a summation?
The description is:Im currently trying to create a mod that will occasionally replace the in game music with mansons "The New Shit". If someone has already done this a link would be much appreciated and if anyone has any ideas on how to make it OCCASIONALLY happen rather than every time I would love to hear it because im stumped lol

The Lazarus
2009-12-02, 2:19 PM
End game spoilers: :lol:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/12/4/

Archangel3d
2009-12-02, 2:28 PM
It's funny that he mentions Lois McMaster Bujold; I only recently became aware of Paladin of Souls because of my wife (who is a huge fan). I didn't make the link until he mentions it, but yeah, I can see where there is a strong inspiration

Striker
2009-12-02, 2:31 PM
End game spoilers: :lol:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/12/4/

Heh. In my case, he walked off with a full set of Juggernaut Plate...

Xyzandra
2009-12-02, 5:45 PM
ha ha ha ha. I just arrived at Haven

Are you local?

Alymon
2009-12-03, 7:39 AM
Dalish Treaty Stuff:

How do you side with the werewolves? I did everything I thought I was supposed to do for that, but it didn't work. I took the quest from the Dalish, went into the lair, then turned on the Keeper immediately and fought him. Yet it still counted as siding with the Dalish.

Killjoy
2009-12-03, 7:42 AM
Dalish Treaty Stuff:

How do you side with the werewolves? I did everything I thought I was supposed to do for that, but it didn't work. I took the quest from the Dalish, went into the lair, then turned on the Keeper immediately and fought him. Yet it still counted as siding with the Dalish.
I remember there being a dialog (before the confrontation with the Keeper) where you either agree or disagree with the werewolves that all of the Dalish should be slaughtered. You probably answered poorly there.

CyanideRush
2009-12-03, 8:13 AM
I remember there being a dialog (before the confrontation with the Keeper) where you either agree or disagree with the werewolves that all of the Dalish should be slaughtered. You probably answered poorly there.

I didn't choose to slaughter anyone. I used persuade to get them to talk, Tuvokthe leader of the elves insisted on a fight anyway when I sided with the werewolves, then when i defeated him, I managed to convince him to relent and remove the curse. /persuade-flex

Divi Filius
2009-12-03, 8:23 AM
Then what's your problem? You cured the werewolves of werewolfism. There are no more werewolves. That means by default you sided with the Dalish because they're the only ones left.

Alymon
2009-12-03, 8:25 AM
I didn't choose to slaughter anyone. I used persuade to get them to talk, Tuvokthe leader of the elves insisted on a fight anyway when I sided with the werewolves, then when i defeated him, I managed to convince him to relent and remove the curse. /persuade-flex

That's more or less what happened to me on my first playthrough.

On my second:

I got to the same point, but when the Keeper and the Spirit talked, I immediately sided with the wolves and said the Keeper should die. I suppose I have to actually slaughter the Dalish to side with the werewolves instead of work it out so that both survive?

gamerk2
2009-12-03, 10:54 AM
That's more or less what happened to me on my first playthrough.

On my second:

I got to the same point, but when the Keeper and the Spirit talked, I immediately sided with the wolves and said the Keeper should die. I suppose I have to actually slaughter the Dalish to side with the werewolves instead of work it out so that both survive?

Correct. You only gain the Warwolves if you slaughter the Dalish. Same thing with the Templars; you need to slaughter all the mages.

Yunara
2009-12-03, 11:38 AM
Heh. In my case, he walked off with a full set of Juggernaut Plate...

I didn't have Alistair walk off, but Morrigan ran off with my best staff and all my mage equipment, leaving me to have to use practically naked Wynne who had only the senior enchanter robes I left her with on and the Wynne specific pouch she starts with. She didn't even have a replacement staff......

Syngyne
2009-12-03, 12:54 PM
On an unrelated note, the translated title of this Japanese review (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.4gamer.net/games/016/G001607/20091127072/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjFoYjpoK_JZE0ruWCtRnwcBrknpQ) is hilarious.

Yunara
2009-12-03, 12:57 PM
Maybe it's just me, but that link just creates an endless loop of Goggle translate trying to translate itself it seems...

Syngyne
2009-12-04, 6:28 PM
Man, people weren't kidding about the Mage origin. I seriously did not sympathize with anyone at all in that scenario.

Xyzandra
2009-12-04, 6:36 PM
I think that's why so many people cheat into having a different origin for being a mage.

The regular mage one is the most lackluster of the origins.

Brent Not Broken
2009-12-04, 6:42 PM
Man, people weren't kidding about the Mage origin. I seriously did not sympathize with anyone at all in that scenario.I kept looking for a way around it by getting Jowan and what's-her-name to come clean about their tryst, dispelling the rumors about his dabbling in blood magic. I figure, we should skip the business about breaking into vaults and destroying phylacteries, and just talk to the First Enchanter, you know... sort things out. I figured I was just... not seeing the dialogue option to make this happen. So I was like, "sure, Jowan, your plan is retarded, but I'll go through with it for now, even though mine is way better."

When, in front of the First Enchanter, Grumpy the Templar, everybody, he busts out the blood magic to make his escape, I seriously would have liked to punch him, but I didn't have control of my limbs.

Killjoy
2009-12-04, 7:17 PM
On an unrelated note, the translated title of this Japanese review (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.4gamer.net/games/016/G001607/20091127072/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjFoYjpoK_JZE0ruWCtRnwcBrknpQ) is hilarious.
That entire translated review is hilarious.

Ignatz
2009-12-04, 7:22 PM
That entire translated review is hilarious.

"Mass Effect 2" and "Star Wars: The Old Republic" is known as Canada's male

:ocanada:

Common Sensei
2009-12-04, 10:17 PM
I think that's why so many people cheat into having a different origin for being a mage.

The regular mage one is the most lackluster of the origins.

I think the Dalish origin is pretty ordinary and a bit more lackluster.

Yunara
2009-12-04, 11:04 PM
I think the Dalish origin is pretty ordinary and a bit more lackluster.

I don't know, I agree that I didn't like the Mage origin for not having a choice I 100% agreed with, but I disliked how every other was cut and dry what to do more or less. There were very few moral dilemas in the other origins, except for decided if you wanted to sleep with the guy or the girl in the human noble origin.

Moldywart
2009-12-05, 9:03 AM
About Jowan: I heard the only way for him to not wind up dead or turned over to the cricle is to set him free and tell him to leave when you first encounter him in the dungeon of Redcliffe castle.

But what if you choose him to go into the Fade and rescue Connor? Does that convince the arl to let him go?

Striker
2009-12-05, 10:10 AM
About Jowan: I heard the only way for him to not wind up dead or turned over to the cricle is to set him free and tell him to leave when you first encounter him in the dungeon of Redcliffe castle.

But what if you choose him to go into the Fade and rescue Connor? Does that convince the arl to let him go?

Seriously...don't bother.

Jowan is a little piece of shit. If you hand him over to the circle after the Redcliffe debacle, he ends up using blood magic to escape again, killing some templars. He's a cowardly little weasel, and not worth wasting more second chances on.

Moldywart
2009-12-05, 10:36 AM

Jowan is a little piece of shit. If you hand him over to the circle after the Redcliffe debacle, he ends up using blood magic to escape again, killing some templars. He's a cowardly little weasel, and not worth wasting more second chances on.

Intrestingly enough, supposedly if you make him run away, he goes on to escort refugees out of Darkspawn infested lands. Donīt really know how anyone could predict what choice results in what outcome.

Aside: The Templars would either have executed him or made him tranquil (which is the ultimately the same to his mind) and I donīt begrudge anyone sentenced to death to take a no-holds-barred approach to survival. Besides, itīll be barely above 0 Kelvin in hell before I feel pity for a templar.

Common Sensei
2009-12-05, 12:09 PM

Intrestingly enough, supposedly if you make him run away, he goes on to escort refugees out of Darkspawn infested lands. Donīt really know how anyone could predict what choice results in what outcome.

I wonder if going narc or not in the Mage origin influences this at all.

Sprint
2009-12-05, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna have to reinstall this after rebuilding my PC (win 7 + new mobo etc).

Anything I should know about EA's DRM for the DLC?

Moldywart
2009-12-05, 1:45 PM
I'm gonna have to reinstall this after rebuilding my PC (win 7 + new mobo etc).

Anything I should know about EA's DRM for the DLC?

Dunno if this is DRM related, but I had to manually enable a DA: O related service via services.msc (donīt forget to start as admin!) in order for the DLC to download.

Edit: On second thought, that was not what you were asking, was it? Iīll leave it here anyway in case someone runs into the same issue.

BRAVE OR GRAVE!
2009-12-05, 2:49 PM
Can I start playing while Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep download and access them in that game or do I have to wait?

Rutkowski
2009-12-05, 3:11 PM
Protip: If you get the "connection to Bioware social website timed out" error while playing then immediatly reload your last save; DO NOT SAVE if you have Shale with you because you'll break that NPC so badly it isn't funny. Just trust me on this.

Goddamn autosaves.

Yunara
2009-12-05, 10:04 PM
I wonder if going narc or not in the Mage origin influences this at all.

Well I turned him over to the Circle, and there's was no mention of him ever again in the game. So I don't know how you know he went rogue and escaped again, cause that certainly wasn't mentioned in the ending for me.

Jamster
2009-12-05, 10:04 PM
Update, I'm so terrible at this game I had to put it on easy, even then I occasionally get my ass handed to me on a plate, terrible RPGer... selfshame is great

Sam
2009-12-05, 10:06 PM
Update, I'm so terrible at this game I had to put it on easy, even then I occasionally get my ass handed to me on a plate, terrible RPGer... selfshame is great

I liked how hard this game was before I figured out how to make it easy :(

Whiplash
2009-12-05, 10:51 PM
Okay I am fo' sho' fo' sho' picking this up as soon as I've got the cash to blow. The PC version did come out to be the superior version, right? Like it's getting patches and stuff and plays a little better? I know ME turned out better on the PC and the sentiment that I've seen is that PC is the way to go, but I still wanted to check with you folks first. :shy:

Ryleh
2009-12-05, 10:54 PM
Okay I am fo' sho' fo' sho' picking this up as soon as I've got the cash to blow. The PC version did come out to be the superior version, right? Like it's getting patches and stuff and plays a little better? I know ME turned out better on the PC and the sentiment that I've seen is that PC is the way to go, but I still wanted to check with you folks first. :shy:

If your computer can handle it get the PC version. You have the toolset so lots of player made modding goodness will be available. Not only that but the game looks much better than on consoles. Also, hotfixes ftw.

Dataphiliac
2009-12-05, 11:04 PM

God yes, PC version is way superior. Tons of free content, etc...

Jobrill
2009-12-06, 12:44 AM
Definitely go for the PC Version. Being able to hold down tab to highlight all interactable items and NPCs alone is worth it. Combine that with hotfixes, an easier to navigate codex and journal system, and the toolset and the mods it produces, and it's really hard to justify getting a console version if you have a good PC.

BRAVE OR GRAVE!
2009-12-06, 2:56 AM
Alistair's very... Whedony.

Killjoy
2009-12-06, 5:33 AM
So there's a nudity mod out.

The Good: no more dry humping in underwear.

The Bad: uncircumcised penises. Eww.

Striker
2009-12-06, 5:52 AM
Well I turned him over to the Circle, and there's was no mention of him ever again in the game. So I don't know how you know he went rogue and escaped again, cause that certainly wasn't mentioned in the ending for me.

It's not in the ending.

During the raid on Howe's estate, you can free a very deranged templar from a cell. He tells you to give his ring to his sister, but you can also take it to the templars guarding the chantry in the market square, and they'll tell you how that templar ended up in such trouble...it was Jowan, escaping on his way from Redcliffe to the tower.

Jamster
2009-12-06, 6:27 AM
So there's a nudity mod out.

The Good: no more dry humping in underwear.

The Bad: uncircumcised penises. Eww.

uncircumcised is canon bitch

Trax
2009-12-06, 6:28 AM
I thought it was before that since when I confronted Loghain about the imprisoned Templar it was on his orders that they were attacked to free the Blood Mage and then send him to Redcliffe to poison the Arl.

Rutkowski
2009-12-06, 9:45 AM
I liked how hard this game was before I figured out how to make it easy :(
Momentum + Frost Weapons Spell kinda ruined it for me.

His Divine Shadow
2009-12-06, 12:05 PM
Is there any kind of multiplayer in this game? Like secret of mana style?

Mark Waters
2009-12-06, 12:22 PM
I don't give a shit about anything that is going on in Orzammar. :[

Yunara
2009-12-06, 1:08 PM
I don't give a shit about anything that is going on in Orzammar. :[

I hear ya there, I was tempted halfway through to just forget the dwarves entirely and try and skip past them.

Common Sensei
2009-12-06, 1:48 PM
It's not in the ending.

During the raid on Howe's estate, you can free a very deranged templar from a cell. He tells you to give his ring to his sister, but you can also take it to the templars guarding the chantry in the market square, and they'll tell you how that templar ended up in such trouble...it was Jowan, escaping on his way from Redcliffe to the tower.

I thought that templar was referring to the original capture before you get to Redcliffe.

Rutkowski
2009-12-06, 2:14 PM
Is there any kind of multiplayer in this game? Like secret of mana style?
Not at all.

Dataphiliac
2009-12-06, 3:54 PM
IIRC, the elves, dwarves, and mages are all completely optional. If you want to skip the dwarves, go right ahead. The only mandatory quest is the Urn of Sacred Ashes that corresponds to getting Arl Eamon's support.

Mark Waters
2009-12-06, 4:03 PM
Yo but I need to grind that EXP son

Yunara
2009-12-06, 4:04 PM
I thought that templar was referring to the original capture before you get to Redcliffe.

Yeah I took it to mean the same thing.

They are talking about the beginning of the game, when Jowan escaped the tower originally, Because even if you kill Jowan or don't send him back to the tower, the events with that templar still happen.

Dataphiliac
2009-12-06, 4:57 PM
It's interesting, but apparently the maximum level you can achieve without cheating is 23 (with a party of four and all the DLC), as that's the amount of experience for the mobs in the game. There is a hard cap of 25 though.

I can't wait to see what they do with expansions or sequels.

Bester
2009-12-06, 5:28 PM
The only one they've announced so far has been the return to Ostigar. Which sounds interesting.

Sam
2009-12-06, 7:14 PM
Momentum + Frost Weapons Spell kinda ruined it for me.

the real secret to ruining dragon age below:

infinite flasks in camp
infinite elfroot in dalish camp
infinite lyrium dust in mage tower

=

infinite health pots
infinite mana pots

=

make a thousand of each,

=

slot tactics so all characters drink a potion at under 75% health, mages huff lyrium pots at below 25% mana

=

DA not hard anymore

Lapak
2009-12-06, 8:44 PM
I thought it was before that since when I confronted Loghain about the imprisoned Templar it was on his orders that they were attacked to free the Blood Mage and then send him to Redcliffe to poison the Arl.That was also the impression that I got. In fact, I thought that was spelled out directly.
It's interesting, but apparently the maximum level you can achieve without cheating is 23 (with a party of four and all the DLC), as that's the amount of experience for the mobs in the game. There is a hard cap of 25 though.

I can't wait to see what they do with expansions or sequels.Does that take into account experience from unlocking chests and doors, or codex entries? Over the course of the game that has added up to quite a bit, especially with the codex-XP-multiplying-belt.

Nim
2009-12-06, 9:45 PM

Potions

There are mods that put long'ish cooldowns on Potions ya know.

Hawque
2009-12-06, 9:56 PM
You also get experience for donating supplies to your allies in camp which can add up even more.

dane
2009-12-07, 6:19 AM
You also get experience for donating supplies to your allies in camp which can add up even more.

is that what that was for? i donated shitloads of stuff over the course of the game and never really understood why i was doing it, i figured it'd affect how many troops each army sent for the final battle

strange. i never noticed any xp gain from it, maybe i wasn't paying enough attention.

Striker
2009-12-07, 6:28 AM
The exp gain is laughably small.

Rutkowski
2009-12-07, 6:47 AM
Yeah I didn't even notice any at all and I donated a LOT of stuff.

Finished the game now; very end of level 22. The final boss was fun and sacrificing troops against it was hilarious. The mages are idiots though in the city battles. "Gee, one gurlock grunt with lots of allies close to it. FIREBALL FIREBALL CHAIN LIGHTNING." I ended up having them all killed on purpose because they were really annoying.

The Redcliffe troops were killers against the Archdemon though; love that they are effective against armor. The Elves were good against grunts while the dwarves were really effective against the Ogres in the market.

Striker
2009-12-07, 7:16 AM
My final battle tactics:

I used the elves on the two defensive fights (Alienage and the gate interlude), the Redcliffe soldiers in the market and the dwarves in the palace district. I saved the mages for the rooftop battle, which turned out to be a good thing: They can nuke the shit out of the archdemon no matter where it flaps, and they can heal themselves through most of its attacks.

Sydney Carton
2009-12-07, 9:28 AM

infinite flasks in camp
infinite elfroot in dalish camp
infinite lyrium dust in mage tower

=

infinite health pots
infinite mana pots

=

make a thousand of each,

=

slot tactics so all characters drink a potion at under 75% health, mages huff lyrium pots at below 25% mana

=

DA not hard anymore

There was a post this weekend about a "lyrium addiction system" coming from one of the game devs but it wasn't really clear on if that was something they cut or were going to patch in or add as DLC or whatever.

Yunara
2009-12-07, 9:29 AM
My final battle tactics:

I used the elves on the two defensive fights (Alienage and the gate interlude), the Redcliffe soldiers in the market and the dwarves in the palace district. I saved the mages for the rooftop battle, which turned out to be a good thing: They can nuke the shit out of the archdemon no matter where it flaps, and they can heal themselves through most of its attacks.

Yeah I agree, Mages are by far the most useful for the final battle, followed by elves and then Golems if you have them. Nothing else really has any ranged ability. I think I just threw the dwarves against every other section of Denerim, although I did try the redcliffe soldiers once, and they got slaughtered rather quickly. I suspect they may be the weakest troops, since you HAVE to have them.

bobsmyuncle
2009-12-07, 1:28 PM
There was a post this weekend about a "lyrium addiction system" coming from one of the game devs but it wasn't really clear on if that was something they cut or were going to patch in or add as DLC or whatever.
That was an idea kicked around in the planning phase but was cut, IIRC. Lyrium is an addictive substance (check out the crazy Templar in front of the Chantry in Denerim who's been on it all his life, it made him senile), but they decided it would be an annoying gameplay feature so they didn't use it.

bobsmyuncle
2009-12-07, 1:34 PM
It's not in the ending.

I thought it was before that since when I confronted Loghain about the imprisoned Templar it was on his orders that they were attacked to free the Blood Mage and then send him to Redcliffe to poison the Arl.

I'm a huge Jowan apologist so I gotta chime in here.

The templar you meet was a victim of Jowan's initial escape from the Circle, when Loghain ran into them and sent Jowan to poison Eamon. Which is why you can use this encounter as evidence against Loghain in the Landsmeet. If you send Jowan to the circle after Redcliffe, he goes peaceably. If you let him out of his cell and tell him to run, he uses his magic to evacuate villagers from the Blight.

He really isn't a bad guy, just dense and insecure. He started using blood magic because he's not good at magic otherwise. He wants so badly to be able to go back to the Circle and pretend this blood magic stuff never happened, so when Loghain falsely promises to have him reinstated at the Circle, he agrees to poison an important lord without really questioning why Loghain would want him to. And, like he says, Loghain is a national hero, he just automatically trusted him without considering that a) Loghain just killed some Templars and imprisoned another and b) wants him to poison a political rival. So condemn him for being dumb or whiny or whatever, but he's not evil.

BRAVE OR GRAVE!
2009-12-07, 3:41 PM
Update 1.02

Daggers now apply 0.5 points of damage per additional point in dexterity and 0.5 points of damage per additional point in strength, as originally intended. This increases dagger damage for high-dexterity characters.

During combat, mana or stamina reserves now correctly regenerate more quickly when reserves are low. This allows players to occasionally use an talent or spell in the later stages of lengthy fights.

When exploring, mana and stamina now regenerate more quickly at higher character levels. This reduces downtime between fights.

The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.

The cooldowns for several low-level sustained abilities are now shorter. This ensures that players are not penalized for accidentally deactivating them.

Certain battles were not scaling properly, resulting in excessively difficult fights. They now scale as intended.

Enemy corpses now drop health poultices and money more appropriately, resulting in less clutter in the player's inventory.

In rare cases, enemy corpses were selectable when they contained no loot. This no longer occurs.

Party members whose combat tactics were set to defensive behavior no longer stop attacking after using a spell or talent.

In rare cases, combat tactics conditions could fail to determine whether a character had enough mana or stamina to use an ability. This no longer occurs.

The Rally talent no longer repeats its audio effect if it is active during certain conversations.

The Rally talent no longer deactivates upon area transitions or conversations.

The Shimmering Shield spell now deactivates when the character is out of mana.

Controlling a summoned creature (like a ranger's pets) during certain special area transitions no longer results in odd behavior.

Creating a character in a custom module did not create a folder for saves. This could result in corruption of main campaign saves. This no longer occurs.

In some cases, the class icon was set incorrectly for characters imported from the downloadable Character Creator. This no longer occurs.

The options menu now includes a setting to automatically download previously purchased content that is not currently installed.

After installing new downloadable content, the game now always reminds the user to restart the game.

The icons for some promotional downloadable content items were missing. They now appear correctly.

Various issues could occasionally cause uploads to the online player profile to fail unexpectedly. This no longer occurs.

Nooooooooooooooo.

The Lazarus
2009-12-07, 3:45 PM
Heh, I wonder which encounters they considered excessively difficult.

CyanideRush
2009-12-07, 3:45 PM
Huh. So I won't be able to use LockdownCone of Cold for massively awesome crowd control anymore?

Lapak
2009-12-07, 3:46 PM
The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.
Nooooooooooooooo.
Well, that is pretty much a direct solution to the most overpowering tactic that Mages bring to the table. If you can't chain-lockdown a Revenant with Cones of Cold now, it makes it significantly more worthwhile to bring a few more melee folks along.

CyanideRush
2009-12-07, 3:47 PM
Well, that is pretty much a direct solution to the most overpowering tactic that Mages bring to the table. If you can't chain-lockdown a Revenant with Cones of Cold now, it makes it significantly more worthwhile to bring a few more melee folks along.

I don't think that I actually took damage at all during the Proving because of awesome spells like cone of cold.

Swell
2009-12-07, 3:53 PM
Ok, plot question!

I have finished the three main legs (Orzammar, the Dalish treaty, and then I just brought the Ashes to Arl Eamon and he's up, he's about to tell me to do the Landsmeet.

Is the Landsmeet the start of the ending, or can I do that and then still wander round plenty?

gamerk2
2009-12-07, 3:55 PM
Ok, plot question!

I have finished the three main legs (Orzammar, the Dalish treaty, and then I just brought the Ashes to Arl Eamon and he's up, he's about to tell me to do the Landsmeet.

Is the Landsmeet the start of the ending, or can I do that and then still wander round plenty?

After the Landsmeet, you can go most everywhere besides Redcliff. Upon you're return, all hell breaks loose :D

Yunara
2009-12-07, 4:24 PM

Curse of Mortality still makes revenants simple. They don't have much health at all, they just have insane health regeneration.

Jobrill
2009-12-07, 4:28 PM
I'm hearing that the Lelianna over-shooting the romance due to gifts thing has been fixed, so that's awesome. Really, overall I'm digging this patch, but that may be because I play my Rogue(s) more than I play my Mage. :)

Analyzer
2009-12-07, 4:48 PM
Might get me to reload my rogue, which I had pretty much forgotten about due to "First time through" syndrome. Once I'd learned the game a little, I just had to built a 2H Warrior and a Mage and play through with them. If the Rogue could just learn to open chests as well as Leilanna, I would get a totally different party out of using him again.

Jobrill
2009-12-07, 5:14 PM
My Sword Rogue can open pretty much any chest, if only because her cunning is pumped uberhigh for damage purposes (When paired with Lethality).

Yunara
2009-12-07, 5:15 PM
Lelianna doesn't have any hidden advantage to opening chests. It's all related to what skills and stats you have. A PC can open chest as well as Leliana can. (Probably slightly better if they want to waste early skills purely on opening minor value chests)

Zehvran can as well, but because he starts with none of the proper skill investment it takes longer to get him able to open chest efficiently without using a Respec mod.

Jobrill
2009-12-07, 5:17 PM
Lelianna doesn't have any hidden advantage to opening chests. It's all related to what skills and stats you have. A PC can open chest as well as Leliana can. (Probably slightly better if they want to waste early skills purely on opening minor value chests)

Zehvran can as well, but because he starts with none of the proper skill investment it takes longer to get him able to open chest efficiently without using a Respec mod.

True, but it's probably easier to make Lelianna a lockpicking fiend since she gets Cunning bonuses for her reputation reward.

Yunara
2009-12-07, 5:20 PM
True, but it's probably easier to make Lelianna a lockpicking fiend since she gets Cunning bonuses for her reputation reward.

True, but the PC gets Cunning bonuses because of the Tower of Magi. I think Lelianna is ahead by like 1 point at the end of the day.

Sam
2009-12-07, 5:24 PM

smart. This + Miasma made Arcane Warrior's sustainables-on form pretty much invincible tanks of doom.

Jobrill
2009-12-07, 5:26 PM
True, but the PC gets Cunning bonuses because of the Tower of Magi. I think Lelianna is ahead by like 1 point at the end of the day.

Hey, I use my Rogues for lockpicking too. Just saying, if you need a lockpicking mule because you can't or won't do it on your main char, Lelianna's a superior choice.

Bester
2009-12-07, 5:28 PM
The guy who made the mod that makes conversation text larger has a beta mod that makes the journal/codex and everything else larger as well.

Installing now. Keep in mind, this is beta so it may have alignment, and other issues. Should be able to run the game higher than 1440x900 now.

http://social.bioware.com/group/855/&v=discussions

Bester
2009-12-07, 5:45 PM
Full notes for patch.
http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches
Balance

Daggers now apply 0.5 points of damage per additional point in dexterity and 0.5 points of damage per additional point in strength, as originally intended. This increases dagger damage for high-dexterity characters.
During combat, mana or stamina reserves now correctly regenerate more quickly when reserves are low. This allows players to occasionally use an talent or spell in the later stages of lengthy fights.
When exploring, mana and stamina now regenerate more quickly at higher character levels. This reduces downtime between fights.
The cooldowns for several low-level sustained abilities are now shorter. This ensures that players are not penalized for accidentally deactivating them.
Certain battles were not scaling properly, resulting in excessively difficult fights. They now scale as intended.
Enemy corpses now drop health poultices and money more appropriately, resulting in less clutter in the player's inventory.

Gameplay

In rare cases, enemy corpses were selectable when they contained no loot. This no longer occurs.
Party members whose combat tactics were set to defensive behavior no longer stop attacking after using a spell or talent.
In rare cases, combat tactics conditions could fail to determine whether a character had enough mana or stamina to use an ability. This no longer occurs.
The Rally talent no longer repeats its audio effect if it is active during certain conversations.
The Rally talent no longer deactivates upon area transitions or conversations.

Plot:

Promotional downloadable content items now remain in the player's inventory when standard items are removed at the end of the dwarf noble origin.
Repeatedly talking to Duncan after gathering the vials in the Korcari Wilds but not the treaties no longer provides duplicate experience.
Leliana's personal plot can now be completed if the player substantially increased her approval (through gifts) before talking to her.
During the siege of Redcliffe, enemies are no longer able to spawn in locations that would break the plot.
Bann Teagan no longer disappears when he is supposed to be accessible during Urn of Sacred Ashes.

PC Specific

Controlling a summoned creature (like a ranger's pets) during certain special area transitions no longer results in odd behavior.
Creating a character in a custom module did not create a folder for saves. This could result in corruption of main campaign saves. This no longer occurs.
In some cases, the class icon was set incorrectly for characters imported from the downloadable Character Creator. This no longer occurs.
The options menu now includes a setting to automatically download previously purchased content that is not currently installed.
After installing new downloadable content, the game now always reminds the user to restart the game.
The icons for some promotional downloadable content items were missing. They now appear correctly.
The screenshot upload GUI would stop working from time to time on the client. There was a memory override that was fixed. It is a client fix. It doesn't affect the other problems we have seen on the server.

The Lazarus
2009-12-07, 5:48 PM
and patch:
http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches
The...same stuff that was already posted earlier?

Jobrill
2009-12-07, 5:50 PM
It looks like there's additional stuff in there, actually, such as the Dorf Noble Origin finally not eating your DLC stuff.

Bester
2009-12-07, 5:53 PM
Heh, I wonder which encounters they considered excessively difficult.
I heard a lot of people complaining about the second part of the zombie fight at Redcliff.

Lapak
2009-12-07, 6:13 PM
I heard a lot of people complaining about the second part of the zombie fight at Redcliff.For my part, I found that encounter very difficult indeed before I had a Blizzard-capable mage in my party and pretty darn easy afterward. Any fire-and-forget that slows or damages the zombie-reinforcements completely changes that fight, I suspect.

Bester
2009-12-07, 6:23 PM
BTW, playing a Human Noblewoman and you guys were right. Alistair is hilarious.

Charles
2009-12-09, 8:29 PM
So what's up with the part of the game where I'm defending Redcliffe from Zombies, then I go down to the docks and kill a SHITLOAD of zombies, then I go back and meet up with the rest of the troops, and nothing happens?

I mean, a few zombies ran down all by their lonesome, but after a while they just stopped coming. Now my entire party and all the defenders are kinda just sitting around with epic music playing in the background. I tried running up into the green fog and exploring around, nothing.

Bug?

Analyzer
2009-12-09, 8:34 PM
Kindof a bug, I had this issue (posted a couple thousand back).
First, search all of the docks/map for a lingering foe. Start with the docks as that's the most likely area. If not there, then run up the hill and search.
If nothing turns up, whatsoever, you're just going to have to load a previous save.

Charles
2009-12-09, 8:35 PM
Nevermind...I went back down to the docks, and there were two zombies just hanging out on a bridge near the windmill...apparently they didn't feel like dying with the rest of their buddies. Once I killed those two, bam...cutscene.

Charles
2009-12-09, 8:35 PM
Yeah, thanks. That was funny.

gamerk2
2009-12-10, 9:04 AM
I heard a lot of people complaining about the second part of the zombie fight at Redcliff.

It was easier later in the game, but yeah, unless you lock down the first group (once you reach the militia that is), you can easily be overwhelmed, and even the named NPCs tend to die.

DBZ Is Gold
2009-12-10, 5:05 PM
Enchantment?

Striker
2009-12-10, 5:06 PM
That's...a whole new level of wrong.

DBZ Is Gold
2009-12-10, 5:07 PM
Enchantment?

Enchantment!

Jobrill
2009-12-10, 5:12 PM
Oh gosh, now I need to start a new game with a Dwarf PC who looks like Sandal

Windansea
2009-12-10, 5:19 PM
What if I don't wanna patch

I like this bug: Repeatedly talking to Duncan after gathering the vials in the Korcari Wilds but not the treaties no longer provides duplicate experience.

Jobrill
2009-12-10, 5:27 PM
To be fair, if you really want lots of xp, you can use console commands instead.

Archangel3d
2009-12-10, 5:40 PM
Yeah if you want to cheat there are less tedious ways of doing so.

Windansea
2009-12-10, 5:41 PM
On the 360? :P

Jobrill
2009-12-10, 5:42 PM
On the 360? :P

Heh, I didn't even realize the 360 got the same patches as the PC version. I vaguely recalled hearing someone complain about how patching for the console was behind, but maybe I misunderstood!

Yunara
2009-12-10, 5:43 PM
afaik, patching on the consoles is ahead of the PC.

Jobrill
2009-12-10, 5:45 PM
Haha, maybe I'm just going crazy then!

Archangel3d
2009-12-10, 5:57 PM
Oh. Well then disable your X-Box live or Auto-Patching or whatever bastard system you guys use. :P

dane
2009-12-10, 9:11 PM
*Dewey picture*

ho-lee shit.

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-11, 1:05 AM
Enchantment?

oh my fucking god. that...that is incredible.

Enforka
2009-12-11, 1:29 AM
I finally beat this game. I started on hard, but moved to easy, not cause I couldn't win battles but because it takes forever to pause and do strategy for EVERY SINGLE RANDOM ENCOUNTER and I just got sick of it.

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-11, 1:40 AM
I finally beat this game. I started on hard, but moved to easy, not cause I couldn't win battles but because it takes forever to pause and do strategy for EVERY SINGLE RANDOM ENCOUNTER and I just got sick of it.

go play modern warfare 2. the campaign should be more your pace.

Kickflip Jones
2009-12-11, 1:43 AM
go play modern warfare 2. the campaign should be more your pace.Nice.

Enforka
2009-12-11, 1:51 AM
I guess I could have a party made of all mages and cast cone of cold all the time but that shits no fun. I used the standard roleplaying party, rogue, healer, mage, tank. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't encounters in every room you enter. As it was I was getting burned out by about half way through the Arl of Redcliffe's quest and was tired of having to reload and scrape by via pausing every second. Probably could've done it if I had just specced my characters instead of doing auto-level.

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-11, 1:56 AM
I guess I could have a party made of all mages and cast cone of cold all the time but that shits no fun. I used the standard roleplaying party, rogue, healer, mage, tank. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't encounters in every room you enter. As it was I was getting burned out by about half way through the Arl of Redcliffe's quest and was tired of having to reload and scrape by via pausing every second. Probably could've done it if I had just specced my characters instead of doing auto-level.

you AUTO LEVELED? oh my fucking god

Kapitän Kälte
2009-12-11, 2:00 AM
I have to admit that the mountain after Haven got me somewhat tired, as well, since the enemies were bland as hell most of the time and it did not seem to end. Another room, another room, another room ... a cave? Another cave? Another cave? Arrgh ...

That was the only part of the game that made me feel like that, though. Afterwards, I was off to the deep roads to fight golems and spiders and tentacles, oh my.

Enforka
2009-12-11, 2:01 AM
you AUTO LEVELED? oh my fucking godboo hoo babby is sad because person didn't want to spend 3 hours sperging over builds and another 50 micromanaging every encounter

Whiplash
2009-12-11, 2:03 AM
specced my characters instead of doing auto-level.

WHAT

Why the fuck even bother playing an RPG? Might as well be playing Golden Axe.

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-11, 2:06 AM
boo hoo babby is sad because person didn't want to spend 3 hours sperging over builds and another 50 micromanaging every encounter

:lol: then why did you even buy this game

"GOD I HATE LONG RPGS. I KNOW. I WILL BUY ONE OF THE LONGEST TO COME OUT IN A WHILE. UGH WHAT IS THIS MICROMANAGE A PARTY SHIT? IT'S ALMOST LIKE THIS GAME WAS MADE BY BIOWARE. UGH."

Enforka
2009-12-11, 2:09 AM
well I leveled my main char obviously I just didn't want to manage the whole party

Kickflip Jones
2009-12-11, 2:11 AM
enforka i thought you were an old school BG fan. you have disappointed me.

Enforka
2009-12-11, 2:19 AM
Next run through I'll do better, I promise. cone of cold party is coming into effect. expect massive munchkinnery.

Mongoose
2009-12-11, 2:28 AM
I'm gonna sperg over the character creator for the entire time the game downloads tomorrow.

Oh and I heard that there's a flash game to play that gives codes for the actual game?

Kickflip Jones
2009-12-11, 2:30 AM
Next run through I'll do better, I promise. cone of cold party is coming into effect. expect massive munchkinnery.if you don't min/max that shit and post number reports in this thread i don't want you posting in a games thread ever again

also mongoose here's the flash game (http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/)

Say Yes To The Wes
2009-12-11, 2:30 AM
Next run through I'll do better, I promise. cone of cold party is coming into effect. expect massive munchkinnery.

i dont even want to look at you anymore

Kickflip Jones
2009-12-11, 2:31 AM
auto-levelling is like. wow. just wow. you're worse then the assholes that choose a pre-made character.

Whiplash
2009-12-11, 2:34 AM
I think I autoleveled a character in a game by accident once like 100 hours in and instead of just reloading I burned the disc and system, bought a new copy and console, and started from scratch.

edit: I also ran my hands through a woodchipper but I think that goes without saying.

Enforka
2009-12-11, 2:37 AM
I think I autoleveled a character in a game by accident once like 100 hours in and instead of just reloading I burned the disc and system, bought a new copy and console, and started from scratch.

edit: I also ran my hands through a woodchipper but I think that goes without saying.playing on a console... hmmm looks like we know who the real scrub is here

Jimmy McForum
2009-12-11, 4:43 AM
I may be playing on the threesixty, and I may be playing on Casual, but not once did I autolevel.

CyanideRush
2009-12-11, 7:07 AM
To be fair to Enforka, I lowered the difficulty to easy about 60% through the dwarf leg of the main quest. It was so absolutely long with far too much "let's explore this room, oh hai more darkspawn. It was just so tedious that I couldn't get through it and on to more story fast enough. Bumped it back up after that though.

Sam
2009-12-11, 7:28 AM
in the future I am definitely cruising through the orzammar/deep roads part of the game on easy. It's just grueling and I want to be done with it.

Alymon
2009-12-11, 7:44 AM
I'm playing on casual for subsequent playthroughs. I might do a run on nightmare later just for "fun", but I see no point in torturing myself right now.

Draft
2009-12-11, 8:10 AM
I auto leveled the party members after making sure they had the required herbalism/lockpicking skills.

Archangel3d
2009-12-11, 9:53 AM
auto-levelling is like. wow. just wow. you're worse then the assholes that choose a pre-made character.

Pre...

PREMADE *sputters*

People DO that?!

Alymon
2009-12-11, 9:55 AM
Pre...

PREMADE *sputters*

People DO that?!

Oh man. I wish you hadn't seen that. That's like learning the truth about Santa Claus for the first time.

Don't worry man, it will be ok.

Brent Not Broken
2009-12-11, 10:01 AM
also mongoose here's the flash game (http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/)Even the flash game has stamina-restoring potions.

Packin' Fists
2009-12-11, 10:07 AM
Enchantment!

hahahaaaas

Xyzandra
2009-12-11, 10:24 AM
I'm not the most 'thirteen thirty seven' of players but even I've been playing on Normal.

Except on Dragon Age: Journeys. I did that on hard.

and then they changed the requirements for the achievements so...

(you don't get codes, you log into journeys using your ea/dragon age account and it automatically gives you the stuff when you earn them)

Marten
2009-12-11, 11:59 AM
in the future I am definitely cruising through the orzammar/deep roads part of the game on easy. It's just grueling and I want to be done with it.

I didn't really have a problem with the Deep Roads but I did them last so maybe that was it. Having as many healing and lyrium potions as I could want and a ton of spells and abilities and top-tier armor certainly helped a lot.

Striker
2009-12-11, 12:02 PM
The only problem I had with the whole deep roads section was that there was So. Much. LOOT. And my RPG playing style can be described as OCD-like...I can't leave anything behind.

So...lots of trips back to Orzammar :P.

Marten
2009-12-11, 12:04 PM
That's what backpacks are for. That and stowing/selling everything you don't need before you start ;)

Striker
2009-12-11, 12:07 PM
That's what backpacks are for. That and stowing/selling everything you don't need before you start ;)

I had every single backpack upgrade by the time I tackled the Deep Roads on my rogue playthrough. Still not enough :P.

Jobrill
2009-12-11, 12:08 PM
I had every single backpack upgrade by the time I tackled the Deep Roads on my rogue playthrough. Still not enough :P.

I'm just glad Ruck was there midway through to unload stuff, or I would have been in even bigger trouble.

Marten
2009-12-11, 12:18 PM
I guess I was just lucky, I was close to full but I never had to leave anything behind. Or unlucky, as the case may be.

Alymon
2009-12-11, 12:36 PM
I'm just glad Ruck was there midway through to unload stuff, or I would have been in even bigger trouble.

I killed him before realizing you could sell stuff to him.