PDA

View Full Version : The OLD Rock Band Megathread (Put me out to pasture, it's been a good run)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-15, 5:44 PM
All of those except for dirty little secret were great on drums

Whiplash
2008-11-15, 6:31 PM
The Kill and whatever Metallica song it was are awesome on drums

The Metallica song was one of the exceptions of my wrath.

Move Along is great on drums.

I SAID WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ALL THE SMALL THINGS AND MOVE ALONG JOE

The songs aren't all completely TERRIBLE, but there are songs in the game that are incredibly popular and at least as fun as those, if not moreso, but I guess they don't get as much attention since they're not as recent. I kind of expected to see More Than a Feeling in the top 5, as an example.

Of course, a couple of those songs were only $1 when they came out, and they did come out within the first few months. HMM. Yeah okay, I guess I can see why those made the top 5 for sales. I guess it'll take a while for them to drop off, if they ever do.

Veng
2008-11-16, 12:58 AM
For reference here is what the edit should look like:

Pull down your dress heres a kick in the ___
Lets beat you blue til you ____ in your pants
Dont move, child got a big black stick
Theres six of us babe, so suck on my ____

And ride, ride how we ride
Lets ride, lowride

The left newspapers might whine a bit
But the guys at the station they dont give a ____
Dispatch calls are you doin something wicked?
No siree, jack, were just givin tickets

Although I guess they could edit whores instead of ass. I dunno.

You're a smart man. Also, HMXHenry and I have played these songs every day for the past week. They're also ridiculously hard songs on drums. The rest of the stuff is also a ton of fun (minus Crooked X).

Whiplash
2008-11-16, 1:13 AM
You're a smart man. Also, HMXHenry and I have played these songs every day for the past week. They're also ridiculously hard songs on drums. The rest of the stuff is also a ton of fun (minus Crooked X).

VENG. I have a question you might be able to actually ANSWER! Do you know if the storing-games-on-the-hd feature in the new dashboard update is worth using for RB2? Does it makes the songs load noticeably faster?

b.glad
2008-11-16, 2:43 AM
Thank god about those edits on "Police Truck." I was worried it would go the way of Guitar Hero 3 and just change the song around entirely. That really annoyed me.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-16, 3:22 AM
Thank god about those edits on "Police Truck." I was worried it would go the way of Guitar Hero 80s and just change the song around entirely. That really annoyed me.

fixed :nerdcross:

I'm gonna be singing the song the way god intended anyway

Hawque
2008-11-16, 3:35 AM

I'm gonna be singing the song the way god intended anywayThat's truly the only way to sing. I get a perverse pleasure out of singing censored words, especially on Tell Me Baby when the word "shitty" is used 9 times out of 10 to activate overdrive.

b.glad
2008-11-16, 1:55 PM

I'm gonna be singing the song the way god intended anyway

Alright FINE. :annoyed: Who cares about Guitar Hero ANYWAY because Rock Band is AWESOME.

And yes, I will be singing all the correct words, as well.

Whiplash
2008-11-16, 6:55 PM
Copying a rumor from SA allegedly taken from a post on the GAF forums by a dude who works in the gaming press:

Rock Band 2
European Launch
Q&A
INTERNAL ONLY - DO NOT DISTRIBUTE

"Rock Band previously announced a DLC deal with Metallica to offer 18 tracks to fans. Does the recent Guitar Hero: Metallica announcement impact your plans?"
"No - we are still planning on releasing 18 Metallica tracks to our fans."

For the record, with Enter Sandman, Battery, and the 3 pack, we're up to 5. A good chunk of the rest are probably from a full album. We also know Fuel and King Nothing are coming at some point, so that means 11 unknown tracks.

Black album fits into that nicely (12 albums on disc, plus that screenshot that got pulled from the 360 dashboard that said "Metallica - Download the full album today!"), but I'm really, really hoping for Master of Puppets instead.

I gotta say, if the rest of the Metallica we end up getting is just Fuel, King Nothing, and the rest of the Black album, Rock Band got shafted on tracks. I wonder if Metallica changed which tracks RB was allowed to use after they went over to GH.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-16, 7:11 PM
if all we get is the black album heads will roll at HMX

HEADS WILL ROLL :axe:

Whiplash
2008-11-16, 11:03 PM
if all we get is the black album heads will roll at HMX

HEADS WILL ROLL :axe:

Yeah honestly even I'm gonna have trouble defending that. To me it would either be:

A. A "Metallica took away the rights for Master of Puppets because it's gonna be featured heavily in GH: M so we were stuck with this" thing or a

B. The Black album was their biggest commercial success so we're gonna release it to pull in the moneys thing.

The latter isn't surprising because that's basically how they've been picking albums so far (with the exception of Jane's Addiction) but MAN I want Disposable Heroes!

Riptide
2008-11-16, 11:06 PM
I doubt we'll see the black album. Developers on the RB forums posted that we were not going to see Enter Sandman again (in the near future).

Whiplash
2008-11-16, 11:38 PM
I doubt we'll see the black album. Developers on the RB forums posted that we were not going to see Enter Sandman again (in the near future).

It actually wouldn't be THAT terrible even if we did, but man, just finish off MoP, AJfA, or RtL. Any one of those would be excellent pretty much.

Also, thinking about it, I recall hearing wayyyyyyy back when Metallica DLC was first announced by Rolling Stone or some magazine that we'd be getting One at some point. LET US TAKE A LOOK AT THIS LOGICALLY.

Total # of Metallica songs we're getting if this isn't a complete LIE: 18

Released so far: 5 (Enter Sandman, Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All, Blackened, Battery)

Known/Rumored: 3 (One, Fuel, King Nothing)

Remaining # of unknown songs: 10

This eliminates Black, Load, Reload, and, thankfully, St. Anger, since they all have more than 10 songs that would have to be released.

AJfA seems doubtful to be the full album since we already have the arguably 3 best songs from the album. Outside of Dyer's Eve, there's really not much pull for people who aren't huge fans.

We've already gotten the best song and title track from RtL. Though I would LOVE for that to be the full album, realistically it lacks the kind of recognition some of the others have.

MoP is incredibly popular, is a fantastic album in its genre, and is one of the milestone type albums that Harmonix had been talking about focusing on releasing. Yeah, Battery is already an included track in the RB games, but so weren't Give It Away, Everlong, Drain You, Peace Sells, and Mountain Song and we ended up getting the rest (or most of) of the songs from those albums. This would give us 7 more songs, which is nice because that leaves room for yet another 3 pack of mixed stuff!

Please please pleaaaaaaase let it be Master of Puppets.

Brock Landers
2008-11-16, 11:51 PM
you silly bitch alex. you missed the most obvious answer.

death magnetic has 10 tracks

Whiplash
2008-11-16, 11:54 PM
you silly bitch alex. you missed the most obvious answer.

death magnetic has 10 tracks

While it would be a nice "fuck you" to Guitar Hero, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't picture a lot of overlap in album choices between the two.

Also Harmonix, like I said, seems to be alternating between most popular albums and milestone albums. Death Magnetic doesn't fall under either one. If we get anything from that album, it'd probably be a single song.

Brock Landers
2008-11-17, 12:09 AM
whippy when will you realize they only released moving pictures with YYZ, with the instrumental, just so they could fine tune it to release Death Magnetic, also with an instrumental song. the pieces all fit........

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 12:11 AM
whippy when will you realize they only released moving pictures with YYZ, with the instrumental, just so they could fine tune it to release Death Magnetic, also with an instrumental song. the pieces all fit........

Orion is 1000 times the instrumental that Suicide & Redemption is. :crossarm:

Also the fine tuning was for Texas Flood. That shit has like 900000000 instrumentals on it.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-17, 1:13 AM
speaking of which, Rude Mood is gonna be hard as hell if it is even close to the, albeit ridiculously overcharted, custom chart. The whole album is gonna be amazing.

As for Metallica, I'm praying that it's not Death Magnetic. Even though it is a decent album, it is nowhere near as good as MoP or AJFA. I'd say it would be an even toss up between those 2, seeing as AJFA already has 2 tracks in the game, but Battery is on RB2, and HMX seems to be releasing a lot of albums that already have a track in RB2.

Soooo, it's probably gonna be DM, because the number of tracks fit, and it seems like the album Metallica is most willing to license, but I'd love for it to be Master of Puppets.

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 1:29 AM
Soooo, it's probably gonna be DM, because the number of tracks fit, and it seems like the album Metallica is most willing to license, but I'd love for it to be Master of Puppets.

Ehhhh I guess it COULD be DM, but like I was telling Joe on IM, releasing DM to Rock Band after it has already been available in GH for months seems like a really terrible idea.

I feel like Harmonix is musically savy enough, too, that when they signed the agreement for Metallica rights a year or so ago, they wouldn't agree to release an album that was not just entirely unknown at that point, but also kind of destined to suck based on the last few Metallica albums. Although I admit, speculating on that is pointless as Metallica could have come to the table and said "release Death Magnetic, or you get nothing".

Anyway, we know that there HAD been plans for Rock Band to debut Metallica's new single in the game but that obviously fell through. I've always attributed that to DM being some kind of GH exclusive.

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 7:04 AM
ALEX again I can't be bothered to browse the 2 threads but here's a STATUS UPDATE LOLES:

1) Tried to find rock band 2 welp bullshit manual translation STRIKES AGAIN. Harmonix simply DOES NOT LEARN FROM MISTAKES. Or at least all of them. It's still officially unavailable to us here in Quebec. I don't know how the fuck Xenoman or this dude from the LAN I went to got ahold of their copies. Anyway I don't care because:

2) I hit that shit on amazon.ca. Getting here this week.

3) before I hit that shit, I bought GHWT. Yeah. Because I wanted to bring back something.

4) I almost ordered the RB2 drumset also from amazon.ca, but then I read some reviews and saw some videos of dudes VEHEMENTLY demonizing that drumset (double notes - which is fixable if I heard correctly, but also too much bounce problem). I also heard that the GH ones weren't too hot either. I also could NOT find the mad catz cymbal addons on amazon.ca. Are they out? What should I do? stick with my RB1 drums until someone FINALLY gets those fucking no-brainer drum engineering right? The video I saw was from the pro who did all those N+ level completion videos. I TRUST HIM.

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 11:31 AM
ALEX again I can't be bothered to browse the 2 threads but here's a STATUS UPDATE LOLES:

1) Tried to find rock band 2 welp bullshit manual translation STRIKES AGAIN. Harmonix simply DOES NOT LEARN FROM MISTAKES.

Or they don't care. :haw:

4) I almost ordered the RB2 drumset also from amazon.ca, but then I read some reviews and saw some videos of dudes VEHEMENTLY demonizing that drumset (double notes - which is fixable if I heard correctly, but also too much bounce problem). I also heard that the GH ones weren't too hot either. I also could NOT find the mad catz cymbal addons on amazon.ca. Are they out? What should I do? stick with my RB1 drums until someone FINALLY gets those fucking no-brainer drum engineering right? The video I saw was from the pro who did all those N+ level completion videos. I TRUST HIM.

Well you were dumb then because I don't know anyone who has a RB2 drum set who doesn't like it. Anyone who accuses it of having too much bounce is a fucking moron because it still doesn't even have as much bounce as a real set. I'm curious which HARDCORE drummer this was because I seriously haven't heard any complaints. If it was azuritereaction, that guy is fucking nuts.

The cymbals are out in stores and should be on Amazon. FYI you can't use those with the RB1 kit. I seriously just put "rock band cymbals" into Amazon and immediately got all the right hits. You suck at Amazon. >:|

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 11:37 AM
Well you were dumb then because I don't know anyone who has a RB2 drum set who doesn't like it. Anyone who accuses it of having too much bounce is a fucking moron because it still doesn't even have as much bounce as a real set. I'm curious which HARDCORE drummer this was because I seriously haven't heard any complaints. If it was azuritereaction, that guy is fucking nuts.

That's just you talking though, so I'll wait for more feedback. I would be an utter moron to only base my decision on your mad ramblings.

The cymbals are out in stores and should be on Amazon. FYI you can't use those with the RB1 kit. I seriously just put "rock band cymbals" into Amazon and immediately got all the right hits. You suck at Amazon. >:|

I don't expect you to understand the intrigue and subtleties of continental international shipping. I simply can't order from the US because it'll probably rape me into a unicellular, detached pulp. Amazon.ca is the way for me to go. Amazoncado, we could say.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+band+cymbals&x=0&y=0

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 11:40 AM
oh also, ordering it from amazon.com yields (mad catz 3 cymbal thing):

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

GG NO FUCKING RE

Osias
2008-11-17, 11:43 AM
I adore the RB2 drums. FYI

Brock Landers
2008-11-17, 11:44 AM
3) before I hit that shit, I bought GHWT. Yeah. Because I wanted to bring back something.

so the store was out of steak, but I was really hungry and I bought some cat food

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 11:45 AM
That's just you talking though, so I'll wait for more feedback. I would be an utter moron to only base my decision on your mad ramblings.

If you actually read the god damn thread or the internet you'd know that the RB2 drums are pretty much universally adored. You were totally listening to azuritereaction, weren't you?

I don't expect you to understand the intrigue and subtleties of continental international shipping. I simply can't order from the US because it'll probably rape me into a unicellular, detached pulp. Amazon.ca is the way for me to go. Amazoncado, we could say.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+band+cymbals&x=0&y=0

I don't have this problem because I don't live on the moon.

oh also, ordering it from amazon.com yields (mad catz 3 cymbal thing):

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

GG NO FUCKING RE

:haw:

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 11:47 AM
so the store was out of steak, but I was really hungry and I bought some cat food

That cat food is fucking tasty Joe.

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 11:48 AM
If you actually read the god damn thread or the internet you'd know that the RB2 drums are pretty much universally adored. You were totally listening to azuritereaction, weren't you?

No, it's someone called SloopZoop or something stupid like that. I have no idea who your azureusfreakshow dude friend is or what he stands for.

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 11:50 AM
No, it's someone called SloopZoop or something stupid like that. I have no idea who your azureusfreakshow dude friend is or what he stands for.

There is no such person on youtube. You are a horrible person.

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 11:54 AM
There is no such person on youtube. You are a horrible person.

I must do everything for people in your generation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6bqySGkFQ (N+ example)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct04iS-gzwA&feature=related (his rb2 drum review)

echelonx
2008-11-17, 11:55 AM
That cat food is fucking tasty Joe.

I'd eat that.

om nom nom.

:cloud9:

Veng
2008-11-17, 12:12 PM
Whip - I don't believe we've tested the NXE yet with RB2. I could be wrong since I'm not in QA anymore.

Matt
2008-11-17, 12:18 PM
RB2 will definitely be stored on my HD come the update since I got a 120gb drive that I'll never come close to filling up. Whether I'll bother with other games I don't play nearly as much will depend on the loading speed increase I guess...

imaliar
2008-11-17, 1:26 PM
I love the RB2 drums. I have 2 cymbals and they work perfectly. I am wondering though... arent you supposed to be able to do the double bass thing? There is a second plug there, but it doesnt work with my RB1 pedal. Anyone?

Also... RROD! My son got a used copy of Halo 2 and the game froze on him. I restarted and got 3 red lights (not all 4). I reset again and it froze on him again. Lego SW froze. I thought it was my DVD drive, so I played a DL game. It froze.

Rock Band worked just fine. Weeeeeeeeeiiirrrd.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-17, 1:34 PM
I must do everything for people in your generation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6bqySGkFQ (N+ example)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct04iS-gzwA&feature=related (his rb2 drum review)

If you listen to this man you are a moron and do not deserve to play RB2 or even look at it or think about it.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-17, 1:35 PM
Basically 99% of all RB2 kits are perfect and beautiful and if yours happens to not be good, send it in and get a new one.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-17, 1:36 PM
Basically 99% of all RB2 kits are perfect and beautiful and if yours happens to not be good, send it in and get a new one.

or, should you so choose, you can make a youtube video about how shitty RB2 drums are and be the subject of ridicule to millions of people on the internet

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 2:49 PM
If you listen to this man you are a moron and do not deserve to play RB2 or even look at it or think about it.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Seriously I'm insulted that you skulked about the internet and eventually found one shitty YouTube video from some scrub as proof that the drums are bad instead of just asking HERE first. God damn. I could probably find a video of someone talking about how terrible Half-Life is, but I'm sure if I did you would slap me.

Also pope lol on that quote.

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 2:50 PM

I see a negative video on the internet. My mind inquires. I post a message about it on a forum. I await replies like this. Do you see how very little effort it took on my part? Do you see how you are a cog in MY mechanism? Thank you, cogwheel. You have turned well for me.

edit - thank you as well Alex. Popemobile's cog neighbor. You have turned as well. Endlessly. Submissive and predictable.

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 2:52 PM
Mu0n here is a game that is probably more your speed.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/yes-guitar-hero-arcade-is-real/532/

edit: Guys a guy on YouTube told me that all videogames after ET have been shit c/d?

Mü0n
2008-11-17, 2:54 PM
You're overreacting. I may yet remove you from my internet evaluation machine. You will lose all usefulness. Beware.

oreth
2008-11-17, 2:57 PM

s/play RB2/write code/ :ermm:

Whiplash
2008-11-17, 2:58 PM
s/play RB2/write code/

I dunno what that means but I'm not sure that I like it. :crossarm:

Brock Landers
2008-11-17, 3:13 PM
I'm about to hit 1,000 stars! yay!

I'm in a dilemma re: endless setlist though. I can't beat the top 10% of songs on expert drums, and not the top 1% of songs on expert guitar(insert visions bitching here). I'm afraid hard guitar/drums expert bass would be boring. I might just do expert vocals for it, but that might hurt my voice/throat. I'm pretty sure my roommates aren't interested in joining me, and I know for damn sure I'm not doing it online.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-17, 3:24 PM
My ankles hurt like a bitch after like 3-5 songs these days and I haven't played guitar in so long that I could plow through Hard, so

oreth
2008-11-17, 3:27 PM
My ankles hurt like a bitch after like 3-5 songs these days

http://neuron.chasesdream.com/images/diabetus.jpg

echelonx
2008-11-17, 3:37 PM
If you go for vocals, stock up on cough drops and (iced) tea with lemon. Also, be warned about the bonus songs if you aren't already familiar with all of them.

Might try Bass. Visions should be slightly easier.

Drums would be torture. Oh hey look, constant yellow notes with the occasional alternating red and bass. Haven't seen that pattern much in the past 7 hours.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-17, 3:49 PM
Yes diabetes caused the tendons in my ankles to fuck up, thank god, I thought it was thre fact that when RB1 came out I played drums like a madman for 4 hours a day for months

Swell
2008-11-17, 4:10 PM
My arms get tired when drumming, but I think that's shoddy technique.

oreth
2008-11-17, 4:20 PM
Yes diabetes caused the tendons in my ankles to fuck up, thank god, I thought it was thre fact that when RB1 came out I played drums like a madman for 4 hours a day for months

With a daily regiment of insulin and practice, you should be playing expert drums again in no time.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-17, 4:39 PM
With a daily regiment of insulin and practice, you should be playing expert drums again in no time.

What works for you won't work for me

oreth
2008-11-17, 5:15 PM
but I'm rubber and you're glue, so anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-17, 5:21 PM
My arms get tired when drumming, but I think that's shoddy technique.

use more wrist

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-17, 5:45 PM
but I'm rubber and you're glue, so anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you

No, I'm the guy who doesn't know how to drum and used a shitty method of turning my leg into a piston, fucking up my tendons and breaking 3 pedals, and probably won't pick up drums until I'm back up to speed on DDR

echelonx
2008-11-19, 7:41 PM
FYI: installing rb2 to the hard drive does nothing.

Load times are exactly the same.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-19, 7:43 PM

I'd expect that for most rhythm games, really.

Whiplash
2008-11-19, 11:11 PM

Yeah thought this would be the case. I was hoping it would cut down the load times for the actual stages. GUESS NOT.

Oh also guys apparently at some point this weekend you can play Rock Band 2 with Tenacious D so uhhhh yeah.

Whiplash
2008-11-20, 6:38 PM
Leaked DLC announcement!

Soundgarden Singles:
Jesus Christ Pose
Pretty Noose

Lamb of God - Laid To Rest

Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01
Red Devil
Damnation Game
Caprici Di Diablo

The Killers Pack 01
Spaceman
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It

Fucking LAFFO at Yngwie Malmsteen. Holy SHIT. pope you need to come out of guitar retirement for that shit.

Devin
2008-11-20, 7:00 PM
Fuck yeah. Soundgarden and Yngwie Malmsteen. Awesome week. With any luck, next week they'll finally release Texas Flood.

Whiplash
2008-11-20, 7:07 PM
Fuck yeah. Soundgarden and Yngwie Malmsteen. Awesome week. With any luck, next week they'll finally release Texas Flood.

Yeah considering we know we're getting TF within the year, I don't think anyone can ever really complain that Rock Band doesn't have enough guitar songs or is too easy on guitar. We have gotten some seriously insane stuff for lead guitar since late August. Peace Sells, Texas Flood, Dream Theater, AC/DC, Yngwie Malmsteen...

AND we're still supposed to have fucking Joe Satriani on the way still, too. God DAMN. It's too much. They have gone too far.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-20, 7:29 PM
JEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-20, 7:30 PM
\m/

I wish they had a different Lamb of God song though, Laid to Rest is pretty basic on drums

but yeah, \m/

ZSquared
2008-11-20, 8:33 PM
JEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

I'm so incredibly psyched for this. I pity drummers though.

I Choose Shorts
2008-11-20, 8:39 PM
I'm so incredibly psyched for this. I pity drummers though.

It's been a while since I listened to this song, holy fuck (no pun intended) drummers are going to die.

Fingers crossed for Outshined and Superunknown one day :shy:

Riptide
2008-11-23, 10:54 PM
I hope my Rock Band 2 disc returns on/before Tuesday :( The more I listen to The Killers' "Spaceman," the more I like it! And I was already a big fan of the two other songs in the track pack.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-24, 12:02 AM
Anyone who didn't get the Dead Kennedys pack yet should probably pick it up. CUA and Holiday in Cambodia are awesome on drums and Police Truck is the greatest vocal track in the game.

Mü0n
2008-11-24, 8:16 PM
Ok, I have no idea if it's good or not, but I'm ranked #177 (11.74 stars - need 2.89 more to break top 100) at this trophy venue/event called "What the Funk?" in "Il Grande Teatro della roccia" in Rome, career mode. It's a 3-song setlist for bass: 1- Hysteria, 2- YYZ, 3- Panic Attack. I had a lot of trouble for that last song. I'm the only one ranked for it in my friends' list.

Please play it so we can compare e-peens. Thanks.

Hawque
2008-11-24, 8:23 PM
The trophy events I think are just Battle of the Bands challenges made so you can gain stars for Tour mode.

Anyway, I'd do it but, you know, bass.

Mü0n
2008-11-24, 8:45 PM
what, those songs on bass are damn brütal. Do them.

Hawque
2008-11-24, 8:52 PM
I'm actually afraid of failing any song on bass and never forgiving myself.

Mü0n
2008-11-24, 9:12 PM
you will fail them, they are f'ing hard. BUT IT'S FUN DO EET

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-24, 9:13 PM
what songs are they?

Mü0n
2008-11-24, 9:14 PM
hysteria, yyz and panic attack

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-24, 9:39 PM
easy

Whiplash
2008-11-25, 1:08 AM
hysteria, yyz and panic attack

Man people need to stop using bass as a dirty word. The bass is fucking IDENTICAL to guitar in PA except for the solo, the bass is arguably superior to guitar in YYZ, and the best part of Hysteria if not a bit repetitive.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-11-25, 1:28 AM
drums for all of those are the best :crossarm:

Whiplash
2008-11-25, 1:31 PM
No Doubt posted on their website that their stuff is being released on December 9th. It's from their best of called "The Singles" and is gonna contain 14 songs for $20. Here's the track listing.

Just a Girl
It's My Life
Hey Baby
Bathwater
Sunday Morning
Hella Good
New
Underneath it All
Excuse Me Mr.
Running
Spiderwebs
Simple Kind of Life
Don't Speak
Ex-Girlfriend
Trapped in a Box

That's actually 15 songs, so one of them is gonna get cut. Hopefully one of the more terrible ones. Really wish they had just released Tragic Kingdom as a full album DLC instead, since I'm not really interested in any of those songs outside the TK ones. Also TK the song itself would have been fucking awesome to play. Also End It On This.

Oh also Yngwie Malmsteen will break your fucking hands. Specifically Caprici di Diablo, the others aren't as bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjE6YIK29_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdTQY9xof4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN7bUZvCMZk

b.glad
2008-11-25, 2:25 PM
AWESOME. I will be purchasing this. Well, at least most of it.

Darth Brass
2008-11-25, 4:27 PM
No Doubt? Sounds like tons of fun. I'm there.

Mü0n
2008-11-25, 4:29 PM
Caprici di Diablo gives me massive violin études vibes. I'll be getting this.

Swell
2008-11-25, 5:09 PM
How many guys will be singing No Doubt non-stop?

Whiplash
2008-11-25, 5:42 PM
Caprici di Diablo gives me massive violin études vibes. I'll be getting this.

A lot of Malmsteen's music has a ton of that kind of composition in it. This is why I <3 him. Look up Demon Driver on YouTube for a fucking awesome classical type guitar solo.

How many guys will be singing No Doubt non-stop?

Dis guy. <----

Brainstrain
2008-11-25, 10:57 PM
It's that time of the year...I'm home for Vacay! If you want to play with an awesome guitarist/vocalist, add Goldb711.

Riptide
2008-11-26, 1:53 PM
DLC announced early!

Tracks:

Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Finley - Tutto E' Possibile
Platero y Tu - Hay Poco Rock N Roll
Squeeze - Tempted
Tokio Hotel - Ready, Set, Go
The All-American Rejects - Real World

All above tracks are $.99 (80 Microsoft Points) for a one month limited time window.

Miranda Cosgrove - Headphones On
This track is totally free!

Naked Brothers Band - Body I Occupy
Naked Brothers Band - I Don't Want to Go to School
Both Naked Brothers Band tracks are permanently $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

Whiplash
2008-11-26, 4:08 PM
That is some wacky ass DLC, with 70% looking like an obligation to MTV and the other 30% being "what". For $1 each though, I'll probably be snagging some shit I usually wouldn't. At the very least I'll be getting the Bodom and Squeeze tracks. :gleam:

Brainstrain
2008-11-26, 4:41 PM
Miranda Cosgrove...from Drake & Josh?

Whiplash
2008-11-26, 4:47 PM
Miranda Cosgrove...from Drake & Josh?

Cosgrove and the Naked Brothers Band stuff is all from Nickelodeon.

Like I said, obligation week. Probably trying to drum up some easy revenue, too. Nothing sells like TV stuff and pop rock.

Colossal
2008-11-26, 4:49 PM
Miranda Cosgrove...from Drake & Josh?She's the star of her own show and has achieved a bit of musical fame as well now.

Uh, don't ask me how I know that.

Damn nieces.

Whiplash
2008-11-26, 6:23 PM
The No Doubt pack has apparently dropped from 14 songs to 13 songs, though we still don't know what any of them are.

Riptide
2008-11-27, 2:51 PM
Pro-Tip for those interested in the Rock Band AC/DC track pack. Tomorrow (Black Friday), Wal-Mart is selling it, AC/DC's "Black Ice" CD, and a T-Shirt for $40 (which is the cost of the track pack by itself).

I checked on ebay and a used (codeless) copy of the track pack goes for about $10. The CD also goes for about $10. The T-Shirt, dunno. Anyway, all you have to do is buy the track pack, use the code to import it to RB1/RB2, and then sell the stuff on Ebay. You could pick up the track pack for about $20 this way! I'm strongly considering doing this tomorrow.

Riptide
2008-11-30, 2:49 PM
Well, one of my Les Pauls is dying, so that means it's time to buy another guitar :cry:. What are people's impressions of the new RB2 guitars and GH4 guitars?

I hear the new GH4 guitar connects the neck to the body in a new fashion, hopefully to eliminate the failing button issue that the Les Pauls have. Is that true? I loved that the Les Pauls separated because I move around a lot over the year and I could easily fit my guitars into suitcases.

Whiplash
2008-11-30, 3:10 PM
Well, one of my Les Pauls is dying, so that means it's time to buy another guitar :cry:. What are people's impressions of the new RB2 guitars and GH4 guitars?

I hear the new GH4 guitar connects the neck to the body in a new fashion, hopefully to eliminate the failing button issue that the Les Pauls have. Is that true? I loved that the Les Pauls separated because I move around a lot over the year and I could easily fit my guitars into suitcases.

Both are pretty good guitars. I prefer the new strats over the new GH guitars though, SHOCKINGLY. I just enjoy the solo buttons a lot more than I enjoy the touchpad. I'd say the GH4 guitar is a lot more solid than the Les Paul, though, despite the fact they used that stupid god damn detachable neck thing again.

Riptide
2008-11-30, 3:21 PM
But is the detachable neck thing any different? I remember hearing that it used an entirely different mechanism for attaching, but that could have been PR babble.

The solo buttons being better than the touchpad doesn't matter to me because I'll end up using neither :shy:. Thanks for the impressions, though!

Whiplash
2008-11-30, 3:30 PM
But is the detachable neck thing any different? I remember hearing that it used an entirely different mechanism for attaching, but that could have been PR babble.

The solo buttons being better than the touchpad doesn't matter to me because I'll end up using neither :shy:. Thanks for the impressions, though!

It's definitely a different mechanism. The connection is a lot more secure. It doesn't wiggle.

The GH2 guitar is still better, imo. Even if you don't use the solo button for actual solos, they are still the best for the BREs. :crossarm: You should go out to a Best Buy and see if you can try both.

Human
2008-12-04, 1:04 AM
AGH GOD DAMN IT IT ALL JUST HIT ME

WHY

why the fuck

Are Always Sunny in Phladelphia Songs not free downloads like the other comedy songs

HtYDUzBkeEk

We've already got Dylan, why not

Corasaur
2008-12-04, 1:45 AM
I sing Nightman whenever I'm on vocals during a big rock ending.

Brock Landers
2008-12-04, 10:57 AM
YEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://blog.cmt.com/2008-12-03/rock-band-purists-not-so-sure-about-country/

When I heard that Rock Band was going to add a few country songs to its gaming platform, I was happy. And I naturally assumed that everyone else who liked music enough to pretend to play along with a band would be happy, too. I mean, what’s not to like about playing along with Dierks Bentley on “Free & Easy (Down The Road I Go)”? Well, if you ask the Rock Band purists and enthusiasts, a lot. A few outspoken ones have loaded up the Rockband.com forums with reasons why adding country is a mistake:

“If country is in that big of a demand, let them release a Country Band. Don’t pollute Rock Band with that…….type of music.”

“Country music is the devil.”

“To quote my grade 12 ethics class teacher: ‘Country music is God’s curse on this earth.’”

There was even a poll on the site asking, “Should country music be included in Rock Band?” The majority said “A few great songs (Johnny Cash!) would fit; We needn’t go hog-wild.”

To those narrow-minded haters, I say just wait until Dec 16. That’s when Rock Band will add five country songs to its downloadable content for PlayStation3 and XBOX 360. If you have PS2, you are out of luck because you won’t have access to the online store. I’ll be the first to admit that some country artists would not make sense for Rock Band, like Alan Jackson, Jewel or Faith Hill. But this bundle’s going to have Bentley, plus Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert and the Dixie Chicks. All pretty hard-rocking country types. There’s no word yet on what the difficulty level will be or how these big stars will look as little avatars. But you can hear what Bentley, a Rock Band aficionado himself, thinks of the idea when he’s on Top 20 Countdown jamming with Lance Smith on Friday (Dec. 5).

Whiplash
2008-12-04, 11:02 AM
Really hoping for more than just country that week, otherwise that will be the first week I have skipped in MONTHS. I'm hoping they release some southern rock alongside it, or maybe Texas Flood.

Brock Landers
2008-12-04, 11:12 AM
Really hoping for more than just country that week, otherwise that will be the first week I have skipped in MONTHS. I'm hoping they release some southern rock alongside it, or maybe Texas Flood.

Way to just be unaccepting of other music. What if it's the funnest thing ever. How will you feel then, "Whiplash"?

Whiplash
2008-12-04, 11:15 AM
What if it's the funnest thing ever.

Oh, it won't be.

Also this is shaping up to be a pretty varied month. We had that bizarre mish mash pack opening it up, No Doubt next week, country the week after, and then Texas Flood and that stupid Jane's Addiction album at some point as well. Hot damn.

Brock Landers
2008-12-04, 11:19 AM
Oh, it won't be.

Also this is shaping up to be a pretty varied month. We had that bizarre mish mash pack opening it up, No Doubt next week, country the week after, and then Texas Flood and that stupid Jane's Addiction album at some point as well. Hot damn.

As far as rock band goes lately, Nothing's Shocking!

echelonx
2008-12-04, 11:20 AM
If they release Texas Flood as the country music I will never let you hear the end of it.

Brock Landers
2008-12-04, 11:23 AM
If they release Texas Flood as the country music I will never let you hear the end of it.

But this bundle’s going to have Bentley, plus Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert and the Dixie Chicks. All pretty hard-rocking country types.

:ohdear:

Ben Wyatt: Human Disaster
2008-12-04, 11:26 AM
If they release Texas Flood as the country music I will never let you hear the end of it.next week: no doubt collection released as "best of new orleans jazz"

Riptide
2008-12-04, 11:28 AM
I get asked whether country music is in this game a lot. This is great news for those who care about the genre, as they have had nothing up until this point.

Hawque
2008-12-04, 11:29 AM
I'll give the country songs a fair shake, but it's likely to be my first completely skipped week in a while.

Of course, I also have to go back and get the DLC from Colour and the Shape onward still but I have to get a bigger hard drive first cause I'm down to 44MB free. :shy:

Whiplash
2008-12-05, 12:53 PM
No Doubt tracks announced

1."Just a Girl"
2."It’s My Life"
3."Hey Baby"
4."Bathwater”
5."Sunday Morning"
6."Hella Good"
7."Underneath It All"
8."Excuse Me Mr.”
9."Running"
10."Spiderwebs”
11."Simple Kind of Life”
12.“Don’t Speak”
13.“Ex-Girlfriend”

Trapped in a Box and New didn't make it.

b.glad
2008-12-05, 6:04 PM
I know sure that I will download most of those. Hooray! Lots of awesome female vocals for me to sing! :D

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-05, 6:56 PM

I don't think anyone is dense enough to consider SRV as country music

Whiplash
2008-12-06, 9:51 AM
Postin' this to both threads because it is a FANTASTIC deal.

The RedOctane site is having a humdinger of a special promotion. You can get Guitar Hero: World Tour, a GH3 Les Paul controller, AND the new GH:WT guitar controller for $80, shipped. This is something that's like normally $200, and is perfect if you;

A. Just want to get GH:WT

B. Play RB but wanted to pick up the new GH controller

Go here (http://www.redoctane.com/Browse-by-Title/BBT-Guitar-Hero-World-Tour/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-2Player-Wireless-Bundle-Game2Guitars-Xbox-360), and enter coupon code GHWT2P at the checkout to receive an additional $20 off.

This offer also applies to the PS2, Wii, and PS3, but I'm only posting the link for the 360 bundle. You jackals can navigate your way to the other pages. :crossarm:

Brock Landers
2008-12-06, 9:56 AM
aaaauuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Whiplash
2008-12-06, 9:56 AM
aaaauuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I know, Joe. I know.

Brock Landers
2008-12-06, 10:00 AM
Have you played with the GHWT-tar?

Whiplash
2008-12-06, 10:02 AM
Have you played with the GHWT-tar?

I only got to play with it briefly (like, maybe an hour or so), but from that one experience it is probably my second favorite guitar behind the RB2 strat. In fact I would say that, in design, it is close to the RB strat than it is to the previous GH guitars. It's bigger, longer whammy, less resistant buttons, solo thing on the neck, and the strummer has very little click to it.

I wanted to get one to replace my faulty Les Paul, and this is pretty much the perfect opportunity! Of course I will also hopefully get a working Les Paul and A GAME with it which will be a nice little bonus.

Brock Landers
2008-12-06, 10:54 AM
What is the difference between it and the RB2 strat? Also I am not so interested in the solo buttons.

Whiplash
2008-12-06, 11:25 AM
What is the difference between it and the RB2 strat? Also I am not so interested in the solo buttons.

The slide pad on the neck doesn't work in RB anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The difference is basically the buttons and the strummer. The buttons are raised instead of being flush with the neck, and the strummer makes a little clicking noise when it's strummed. It's a bit springier, too.

Oh also at the end of the strummer, it has a really big select button for easier star power activation.

Typhon
2008-12-06, 12:23 PM
I was going to pass on World Tour, but I might pick this up for the guitars.

Riptide
2008-12-06, 2:59 PM
<snip deal>

Whoah, kickASS. I JUST bought a GH4 bundle last night (for the guitar), but haven't opened it yet. Given that my other GH3 guitar was beginning to drop notes anyway, this is amazing. Thanks a ton, man.

Brock Landers
2008-12-06, 3:11 PM
Oh also at the end of the strummer, it has a really big select button for little bitch bullshit star power activation.

f

HiroChicken
2008-12-06, 4:13 PM
f

F-

Brock Landers
2008-12-08, 2:09 PM
Coming at you with a Monday announcement. As widely reported next week's pack is of the country variety!

Brad Paisley - “Mud on the Tires”

Brooks & Dunn - “Hillbilly Deluxe”

Dierks Bentley - “Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)”

Dixie Chicks - “Sin Wagon”

Miranda Lambert “Gunpowder & Lead”

country pack is official now

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-08, 2:29 PM
I played with the GHWT guitar and I gotta say I prefer the select button of the SG far more. Then again I've been squeezing for years so it just seems out of place when I go to reach my pinky for it and it's 1 cm away

echelonx
2008-12-08, 2:38 PM
I don't like the palm select button either. It's pretty much a waste.

But the slider is still awesome on long slidey sections.

Whiplash
2008-12-08, 2:52 PM
country pack is official now

I knew it was coming but I'm kind of disappointed that that's all we're getting next week.

FYI if I read a post from me complaining that we were only getting 5 songs in a week a few months ago I would have slapped myself.

Mü0n
2008-12-08, 3:00 PM
why are the dlc always crap? hych

Whiplash
2008-12-08, 3:05 PM
is hych a real acronym now

can't you people just type sentences out

Brock Landers
2008-12-08, 3:12 PM
What the fuck is hych.

And I hope you chucklefucks aren't talking about pushing select to activate star power.

Human
2008-12-08, 3:13 PM
hope you can help I bet

Whiplash
2008-12-08, 3:15 PM
I push select for star power for two reasons.

1. Because I'm pro as fuck

2. Because I'm PRO as FUCK

Oh also because I feel like a complete fucking idiot sitting there by myself tilting the guitar all WOOOOOOO when I play. I do the regular method around other people or if I am too lazy to hit select (I dunno how that works it just does).

Also wait, POPEMOBILE, is squeezing seriously just using select for star power and not tilting? I have wondered what that shit meant for a while but never wanted to look it up.

hope you can help I bet

Oh okay.

Hey Mu0n: IHYFCOACF

Brock Landers
2008-12-08, 3:22 PM
You sit when you play too? Jesus christ. I'm proud to not be a pro at guitar.

Whiplash
2008-12-08, 3:24 PM
You sit when you play too? Jesus christ. I'm proud to not be a pro at guitar.

There is really no reason for me to be standing up to play if I'm playing by myself. Also the TV in my room is arranged that if I AM standing up, I have to kind of bend over or slouch down to see the notes well. It's just easier and less cramp inducing.

echelonx
2008-12-08, 3:57 PM
less cramp inducing.

I was planning to laugh at you for sitting down, but man that's the truth right there.

Also, anyone else have their calves get sore after playing standing for long periods? Apparently I bounce up and down on my toes along with the beat when I'm standing up.

Brock Landers
2008-12-08, 3:58 PM
I was planning to laugh at you for sitting down, but man that's the truth right there.

Also, anyone else have their calves get sore after playing standing for long periods? Apparently I bounce up and down on my toes along with the beat when I'm standing up.

Haha, I do this too. Except I bounce by bending my knees backwards(weird cross-jointedness), so I guess it doesn't put much strain.

HiroChicken
2008-12-08, 4:16 PM
Haha, I do this too. Except I bounce by bending my knees backwards(weird cross-jointedness), so I guess it doesn't put much strain.

You and your insane knees!

Also, the only song you have any excuse for sitting down on is "Tangled Up In Blue" because it is acoustic.

Swell
2008-12-08, 4:17 PM
I don't sit down for RB but that's because I still believe in the music

Riptide
2008-12-08, 4:18 PM
Squeezing is abusing using the timing window to get more points. You can activate star power and intentionally hit a note "late" in order to hit that note while in star power. Similarly, as star power is running out, you can hit notes early to ensure you get them before star power fades.

In either case, you are getting "extra" notes while in star power that you otherwise could not. Obviously, you have to time this carefully, so using select to activate star power makes squeezing much easier.

imaliar
2008-12-08, 8:19 PM

Couple hours standing there and I get sore as hell. I really do move around a lot while playing. I am usually behind everone so it doesn't seem to bother anyone. I have used the extra drum pedal to activate SP with the strat.

Of course... I will be ready as hell to play when my XBOX returns! Just sent it out on Saturday for repair. I finally succumbed to the RROD. At least my friend should have the ION before xmas. We will be playing there a lot until ours gets fixed!

Hawque
2008-12-08, 8:22 PM
So I gave the country music songs a chance with the 30 second clips on the Zune Marketplace.

I think this is the first pack since the Thrash Pack that hasn't just been "eh, no thanks but maybe I'll change my mind later" but instead "no, no not ever."

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-08, 8:29 PM
Squeezing is abusing using the timing window to get more points. You can activate star power and intentionally hit a note "late" in order to hit that note while in star power. Similarly, as star power is running out, you can hit notes early to ensure you get them before star power fades.

In either case, you are getting "extra" notes while in star power that you otherwise could not. Obviously, you have to time this carefully, so using select to activate star power makes squeezing much easier.

This

Back when I played very competitively (Scorehero and the like), I would literally replay and reFC songs like Radium Eyes and Elephant Bones to get an extra 4-8 points so I could be 1st.

Squeezing is not worth it and I do not recommend starting it because it is frustrating as all fuck to time how early you can hit a hold note to get extra SP out of the whammy and hitting a note almost a half beat late so you can get more hold points out of a hold at the end of SP.

DID THAT MAKE ME A LOSER? YES! Oh well

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-08, 8:29 PM
So I gave the country music songs a chance with the 30 second clips on the Zune Marketplace.

I think this is the first pack since the Thrash Pack that hasn't just been "eh, no thanks but maybe I'll change my mind later" but instead "no, no not ever."

The thrash pack is amazingly fun and if you didn't get it you are a huge scrub :crossarm:

HiroChicken
2008-12-08, 9:21 PM
This

Back when I played very competitively (Scorehero and the like), I would literally replay and reFC songs like Radium Eyes and Elephant Bones to get an extra 4-8 points so I could be 1st.

Squeezing is not worth it and I do not recommend starting it because it is frustrating as all fuck to time how early you can hit a hold note to get extra SP out of the whammy and hitting a note almost a half beat late so you can get more hold points out of a hold at the end of SP.

DID THAT MAKE ME A LOSER? YES! Oh well

I must say, I am amazed at how much you've matured since coming here. Many probably remember some of your first posts being, "Oh look I 5-starred all these songs, here's a screenshot."

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-08, 10:13 PM
I must say, I am amazed at how much you've matured since coming here. Many probably remember some of your first posts being, "Oh look I 5-starred all these songs, here's a screenshot."

I appreciate it. I guess I just wanted to be known for something and I ended up coming off like an asshole.

also, inb4pic

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-08, 10:14 PM
hey gaiz loook at dis song I just 5 stared

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/popemobile_photos/IMG_0069.jpg

HiroChicken
2008-12-08, 11:49 PM
hey gaiz loook at dis song I just 5 stared

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/popemobile_photos/IMG_0069.jpg

Hate

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-09, 12:23 AM
<3

Whiplash
2008-12-09, 9:09 AM
Guys apparently I guess The Colour and the Shape is going to go on sale for like 1200 MS points ($15ish) which is like a $5 savings sooooooo...

Also I would never ever start squeezing songs. I don't really care about my scores outside of feeling deep shame if I can only get like 3 stars, which doesn't really happen anymore.

Hawque
2008-12-09, 10:10 AM
When and for how long? I don't have the space to download it yet, but if I have to to get the sale price I may just buy it and then download it when I get my new hard drive.

Mü0n
2008-12-09, 11:08 AM
hych rocks I hope to be internationally recognized as the one who coined it.

Swell
2008-12-09, 11:09 AM
Are there any shout out songs from Colour and the Shape aside from Monkey Wrench and My Hero that I should get?

Midnight
2008-12-09, 11:11 AM
Remember when popemobile got 100&#37; on Cowboys from hell?

That's when I knew, for a fact, that he was an android.

Whiplash
2008-12-09, 11:37 AM
Are there any shout out songs from Colour and the Shape aside from Monkey Wrench and My Hero that I should get?

That's all I ended up getting. :shy:

echelonx
2008-12-09, 11:48 AM
I for one am deeply dissapointed in the decline of pictures/videos for mundane accomplishments.

In fact I think I'll make a new video tonight and you guys can suffer through me playing/singing Tangled Up In Blue in all it's glory (boredom).

Swell
2008-12-09, 11:49 AM
I will make a video of me singing Ballroom Blitz for everyone. :shy:

imaliar
2008-12-09, 1:43 PM
I will make a video of me singing Ballroom Blitz for everyone. :shy:

Ohhhohhhh!! I'll do the same! My friends always have me sing that and I reallllllllly go all out.

it really sucks!

Crap. XBOX heading to shop. Can't do it. :(

Colossal
2008-12-09, 1:54 PM
I think there's already a video on YouTube of me singing Ballroom Blitz. I may be motivated to find and post the link if other people start sharing.

echelonx
2008-12-09, 1:58 PM
Ballroom Blitz is so Rock Band 1.

Master Exploder.

Do It!

Zippo
2008-12-09, 2:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have an entire Foo Fighters album in RB2, but I really, really REALLY would have rather had There Is Nothing Left To Lose, as I think it's their best album.

But as long as we're talking about songs worth getting from TCATH, New Way Home is definitely a keeper, if you're picking and choosing (I just went ahead and got the whole thing).

Hawque
2008-12-09, 2:18 PM
There were 6 songs I was planning on picking up, so now basically I can get all the rest for just $3 if I buy them this week.

Riptide
2008-12-09, 9:18 PM
Price Drop: A little over a month since it came out, and Wal-Mart has dropped the price of Rock Band AC/DC by $10 for each platform. It is now $29.99 for the 360/PS3 versions, and $20 for the Wii/PS2.

DannoHung
2008-12-09, 9:57 PM
Where's my fucking Blues DLC you rotten fucking bastards?

Fucking Country gets DLC before Blues? No god damned justice.

NO MUDDY WATERS NO PEACE!

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-09, 11:02 PM
SRV is coming out in a bit be patient

Whiplash
2008-12-10, 5:43 AM
The more people complain about having to wait for SRV the more I hope they just cancel it so you assholes can be a little more appreciative of that stuff in the future. >:|

edit: Oh also at $40 it was hard to recommend the AC/DC pack to everyone but at $30 I'll say it is an incredibly excellent guitar pack and a lot of fun to sing.

echelonx
2008-12-10, 8:11 AM
The best part about the ACDC pack is getting people to play Dirty Deeds on expert guitar.

"This song is ok, pretty much the same thing over and over, don't think I've even missed a OH GOD WHY THE PAIN THE PAIN!!"

Swell
2008-12-10, 12:07 PM
Any body have thoughts on the No Doubt pack?

Whiplash
2008-12-10, 12:42 PM

Pretty reliably fun on bass and drums, vocals are gonna be a hit at parties, guitar's pretty average. I picked up maybe half the tracks.

Matt
2008-12-10, 12:52 PM
did they ever put up those 20 free songs cause i haven't been keeping track

Mü0n
2008-12-10, 12:54 PM

Yeah, I got the game a few weeks ago and it's practically the first thing I did after transferring my RB1 songs to it.

TabbyKat
2008-12-10, 2:47 PM

I downloaded the whole pack. So much fun on bass! :banjo:
Since our parties are 70% women, 28% men, that will be a popular choice.

Whiplash
2008-12-10, 3:02 PM

uh like forever ago jeez :rolleyes:

Swell
2008-12-11, 9:46 AM
No Doubt songs are poppy and fun to play. Not hard, but the drums are interesting and fun.

Whiplash
2008-12-11, 11:22 AM
Excuse Me Mr. was about 1000 times harder than I expected it to be on pretty much every instrument.

Matt
2008-12-11, 12:05 PM
uh like forever ago jeez :rolleyes:

umm sorry my life does not revolve around hitting colored dots at a specific time like SOME PEOPLE??

Brock Landers
2008-12-11, 12:20 PM
umm sorry my life does not revolve around hitting colored dots at a specific time like SOME PEOPLE??

dddaayyyummm

but yeah, matt, get the 20 songs, some of them are pretty fun :)

Whiplash
2008-12-11, 3:13 PM

gb2 fable 2 :annoyed:

Matt
2008-12-11, 3:18 PM
gb2 fable 2 :annoyed:

I will! And then when I get tired of it I'll...get this...play a different game! You should try it sometime!

Really though if you get that Harmonix job it will be a nice test of how much you can stand being around rhythm games. If half your posts are still about RB and GH after that then there is no hope for you.

b.glad
2008-12-11, 3:20 PM
I just got the 20 free songs myself yesterday. And thanks to waiting, I got the emails for the codes the second after I sent out for them. :gleam:

And I rather like most of them, from watching my roommate play through them. Haven't played any of them myself yet.

Whiplash
2008-12-11, 3:21 PM
I will! And then when I get tired of it I'll...get this...play a different game! You should try it sometime!

Really though if you get that Harmonix job it will be a nice test of how much you can stand being around rhythm games. If half your posts are still about RB and GH after that then there is no hope for you.

I think people would be genuinely surprised at how little I actually play rhythm games. Like, I'll fire up Rock Band 2 maybe twice in a week for a couple hours each time, but most of my time these days is split between Chrono Trigger, Fallout 3, and Chrono Cross. I'll probably also resub to LotRO at some point too.

I dunno why I post about them so much. :ermm:

Swell
2008-12-11, 3:37 PM
Sometimes you are passionate about stuff just cause it's fun to be passionate.

I love game/console wars but am utterly uninterested in who does better or what have you.

Riptide
2008-12-12, 5:52 PM
Wahoo, my Guitar Hero bundle arrived in less than a week, with free shipping :D Thanks again, Whiplash!

So...I know have a copy of Guitar Hero World Tour that I don't want. It's unopened and for the Xbox 360. Anyway here want it? I'll let it go for $50, USPS priority shipping included.

TabbyKat
2008-12-12, 6:13 PM
I heard a thing on the radio that rhythm games have taken over the #2 spot on "Favorite Game Genres". #1 is Action games (which is a lump of First-person shooters, fighting games, etc.). #2 is now rhythm games, which dropped Sports games into the #3 spot.

:eng101:

HiroChicken
2008-12-13, 1:46 AM
What started off with me making a character for Tabbykat's band the Fast Food Warriors ended up with me making a whole new band of my own: BK Kids Club minus J.D. & Lingo. The band members include Kid Vid on electric guitar, Boomer the sports tomboy on bass, Jaws the black kid on vocals, and the small but smart I./Q. on drums.

Mü0n
2008-12-13, 8:21 AM
Hahahaha, very nice.

TabbyKat
2008-12-13, 5:44 PM
Those kids ROCK!

I am still outfitting my new band: The Powerpuff Girls Z (someone already had Powerpuff Girls :angry:)

Riptide
2008-12-13, 5:50 PM
Axl Rose strongly hints that the full "Chinese Democracy" album is coming to Rock Band. (http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/the-news/66-axl-rose-making-his-chinesedemocracycom-appearance) (You'll have to scroll down a bit).

Seems like good news to me - I actually liked a lot of Chinese Democracy :shy:. Still waiting on stuff from Appetite for Destruction, though!

Hawque
2008-12-13, 5:53 PM
I liked a few songs from it so it'll definitely be a pick and choose download for me, but hopefully it's the first step to getting some old Guns n Roses too.

Whiplash
2008-12-13, 5:58 PM
Still waiting on stuff from Appetite for Destruction, though!

I really don't think we're going to see any of their old stuff for a looooong time, if ever. Really kind of pissed that GH tied them up, considering they used ONE song and then nothing else. Kind of wouldn't be surprised to see that album released for GHIV!

Oh also the Wii version of RB2 is coming out on the 18th, and will be able to get the 20 free DLC like everyone else. It's also gonna have full DLC. It won't start off with everything, but it'll catch up eventually. They're getting like 30 tracks the first week.

Riptide
2008-12-13, 6:03 PM
:( Well, there's no real proof that GH has any kind of claim over old GnR, is there? They only released Welcome to the Jungle, and nothing else.

Honestly, I thought that Harmonix putting Shackler's Revenge (and now Chinese Democracy) into the game was a kind of compromise so we could get classic stuff later. Kind of like how we got all those new Motley Crue songs, and then got surprised with the Dr. Feelgood album later.

Whiplash
2008-12-13, 6:06 PM
I am looking at this interview and I don't see anything about Rock Band. >:| Where does it talk about it?

:( Well, there's no real proof that GH has any kind of claim over old GnR, is there? They only released Welcome to the Jungle, and nothing else.

Honestly, I thought that Harmonix putting Shackler's Revenge (and now Chinese Democracy) into the game was a kind of compromise so we could get classic stuff later. Kind of like how we got all those new Motley Crue songs, and then got surprised with the Dr. Feelgood album later.

Harmonix heavily hinted at old GnR stuff being exclusive to GH for a while because of Slash being the cover boy for GH3. I don't think anyone has come right out and said it, so it might not be that bad.

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if that compromise thing turns out to be true. It seems a few bands work by "if you can sell enough covers/new stuff from stuff we did, we'll give you the good stuff later".

Riptide
2008-12-13, 6:10 PM
I am looking at this interview and I don't see anything about Rock Band. >:| Where does it talk about it?

Here you go:

Should they do? Furthermore, any chance of getting the complete album on Rockband? That would be swell. I've done SR on expert, so if you're looking for a guitarist, PM me.
Edit: Shit, I just saw the above post in red. We'll have to find out the answer to that one another day
Axl: Never thought of that w/the Sopranos but a big fan of that song. And I think that's a yes on Rockband.

Whiplash
2008-12-13, 6:11 PM
Ohhh. Having Rockband as one word was screwing up my searches. THANKS.

ZSquared
2008-12-14, 4:04 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14000913&postcount=211

So, according to someone watching the Spike VGA rehearsals or whatever, Pearl Jam's Ten is gonna be out in March for Rock Band 2. Sweet.

Could be BS, I dunno, but I thought I'd scoop Professor Whippy Lust.

Whiplash
2008-12-14, 5:05 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14000913&postcount=211

So, according to someone watching the Spike VGA rehearsals or whatever, Pearl Jam's Ten is gonna be out in March for Rock Band 2. Sweet.

Enter text herCould be BS, I dunno, but I thought I'd scoop Professor Whippy Lust.

CURSE YOU PSNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah I saw this over on SA. Pretty awesome! I am really, really hoping this trend continues and we get one big album from all the featured RB2 artists. So far we've gotten/had announced Peace Sells, Ten, BSSM, Colour and the Shape, Nothing's Shocking, Chinese Democracy, and (most of) Nevermind.

Here's hoping for Tommy, Master of Puppets, Painkiller, and Jagged Little Pill. :haw:

Although I still want Machine Head the most. >:|

Riptide
2008-12-14, 5:13 PM
I'm not really familiar with Pearl Jam but I thought Even Flow was one of the more fun charts in GH3 :shy:

Human
2008-12-14, 5:15 PM
I can almost assure you that you're at least sort of familiar with 50&#37; of the songs of the album.

edit: pearl jam owns, so excited for this

Whiplash
2008-12-14, 6:35 PM
Yeah Ten is basically their Boston. I actually thought Ten was their best of for a while, which confused me since there are 12 songs on it. :shy:

Iwacoff
2008-12-14, 6:38 PM
Yeah Ten is basically their Boston. I actually thought Ten was their best of for a while, which confused me since there are 12 songs on it. :shy:LOL, there's only eleven songs on Ten.

Whiplash
2008-12-14, 7:01 PM
LOL, there's only eleven songs on Ten.

I'm counting Master/Slave as a separate track.

Iwacoff
2008-12-14, 7:05 PM
I'm counting Master/Slave as a separate track.I'd be willing to agree if it wasn't an extended intro to Once.

Xenoman
2008-12-14, 7:20 PM
You mean I'm going to get to sing "Jeremy"?

boo yeah

Iwacoff
2008-12-14, 7:24 PM
Oh, just read on Wikipedia that Pearl Jam is reissuing Ten next March in four different versions. So I'd imagine this DLC will probably tie into those releases.

Riptide
2008-12-15, 2:16 PM
Wal-Mart (sort of) drops the price of Rock Band AC/DC yet again. You can now buy the track pack, AC/DC's "Black Ice" album, AC/DC's "No Bull" Live DVD, and an AC/DC T-Shirt for $30.

It's amazing how quickly they realized that $40 for just the track pack was absurd.

Whiplash
2008-12-15, 2:59 PM
Wal-Mart (sort of) drops the price of Rock Band AC/DC yet again. You can now buy the track pack, AC/DC's "Black Ice" album, and an AC/DC T-Shirt for $30.

It's amazing how quickly they realized that $40 for just the track pack was absurd.

I didn't regret being an early adopter when it dropped to $30, but man I am now.

echelonx
2008-12-15, 3:02 PM
You don't get Black Ice in the bundle. At least not the one that was advertised that way on black friday. It's the game, a black ice t-shirt, and the "No Bull" live dvd.

Riptide
2008-12-15, 3:29 PM
Oops, you're right. Thanks!

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 4:51 PM
Sin Wagon wins this week's "ha ha WHAT" award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl4_oDu44M

I'll probably pick it up.

Swell
2008-12-16, 4:59 PM
Totally buying Sin Wagon.

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 5:01 PM
In all honest, all the charts for all the songs look pretty fun on guitar, but god damn I really can NOT get past some of those lyrics. There's one starts talking about buying a Chevrolet about 5 seconds into the song. That is how stereotypically dumb they are. I just can't do it.

Swell
2008-12-16, 5:02 PM
Man it's the first banjo track in the game which is a milestone of game achievement imho

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 5:03 PM
Man it's the first banjo track in the game which is a milestone of game achievement imho

There might be another song in the 5 that uses the banjo track, but I'll be damned if I'm watching those again.

Riptide
2008-12-16, 5:03 PM
I was just about to post what Whiplash said. The charts DO look surprisingly fun, but country is the one genre that I just cannot stand. I can't even point to any one problem in particular. The whole "feel" of the music rubs me the wrong way.

Human
2008-12-16, 5:05 PM
The Dixie Chicks are pretty inoffensive as "country" goes. I mean it is hardly the Grand Ole Opry.

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 5:05 PM
My problem with country is that I have this (possibly) unfair stereotype about what the music is about, then I go and listen to the stuff released this week and it once again reaffirms that stereotype. I realize that's not a surprise since it's the most popular stuff, but god damn.

edit: Yeah this Dixie Chicks track is really a-okay in my book, outside of the fact that it actually has the phrase "praise the lord and pass the ammunition" in it.

Swell
2008-12-16, 5:06 PM
If you can't get behind a good bit of banjo'ing gtfo thanks.

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 5:09 PM
Man I have no problem with the damn banjo.

Swell
2008-12-16, 5:14 PM
Sorry man I just get steamed about banjos occasionally.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-16, 7:31 PM
Harmonix should just release dueling banjos and be done with it

Lizard Wizard
2008-12-16, 7:43 PM
yeah god knows there aren't any fucking non-country songs about cars.

oreth
2008-12-16, 7:44 PM
You mean I'm going to get to sing "Jeremy"?

boo yeah

The song that ruiined my adolescence.

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 7:47 PM
yeah god knows there aren't any fucking non-country songs about cars.

There are also non-country songs about praisin' the lord and grittin' your teeth and bein' all determined and sassy but that doesn't make those any less obnoxious either!

edit: All I'm saying is I thought it was pretty funny that one of the big stereotypes out there is that country songs are all about driving around in trucks and shit and not ten seconds into one of these country songs this dude is already singing about buying a new truck to drive around in. I don't generally like music that reinforces the stereotype behind its genre unless it was one of the earlier songs that was the reason for the stereotype in the first place.

Or unless it's really fuckin' good.

TabbyKat
2008-12-16, 7:54 PM
I went to Walmart, bought my AC/DC boxed set and was rockin' out wearing my new AC/DC t-shirt! I have not tried guitar yet, but I did very well on expert bass, except for 'Those about to Rock' which I flubbed and only got 3 3/4th stars. :ermm:

Anyway...

Rock! :banjo:

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 7:55 PM
Rock! :banjo:

WEEEEEEEE SAAAAAALUUUUUUUUTE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mü0n
2008-12-16, 7:56 PM
Whiplash get out of this thread for a minute and go bitch about quebec here: http://www.forumopolis.com/showthread.php?t=81859

Whiplash
2008-12-16, 8:01 PM
Whiplash get out of this thread for a minute and go bitch about quebec here: http://www.forumopolis.com/showthread.php?t=81859

I was already wayyyyyyyy ahead of you. :gleam:

Swell
2008-12-16, 11:12 PM
Harmonix should just release dueling banjos and be done with it

You know, I know they wouldn't, but if they did dueling banjos and had bass playing the counter so both of you could actually be going nuts on the banjo...hells yeah.

TabbyKat
2008-12-17, 5:09 AM
I beat Visions on expert vocals!

..only cause I cheated. :ermm:

I put the mic up to the stereo speakers and had them at a decent volume. The game read the singing (growling) perfectly.

You can do that with all of the 'speaking' songs, like Beastie Boys and the Visions song.

I was experimenting, honest! ;)

Swell
2008-12-17, 9:34 AM
Sin Wagon is fun as hell on the gee-taaars. Kind of love/hate the vocals.

Matt
2008-12-17, 1:29 PM
My third Ion cymbol has been shipped and will arrive this week. Only three months late!

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 2:01 PM
I beat Visions on expert vocals!

..only cause I cheated. :ermm:

I put the mic up to the stereo speakers and had them at a decent volume. The game read the singing (growling) perfectly.

You can do that with all of the 'speaking' songs, like Beastie Boys and the Visions song.

I was experimenting, honest! ;)

You can get 100% on any talkie song in the game pretty easily without cheating like that. I got 100% on Visions my first try without even knowing the lyrics!

TabbyKat
2008-12-17, 3:16 PM
There are no 'lyrics' to Visions. It sounds like a man trying to forcefully expel last nights Taco Bell burritos. :ermm:

That microphone trick I read in last months XBox magazine and I thought I would put it to the test.

echelonx
2008-12-17, 3:46 PM
I'm still not seeing anyone posting videos.

We recorded 3 songs a few nights ago, but unfortunately they turned out to be terrible quality. I'll link the one that was put on youtube so that you guys can't say I'm not contributing, but be warned it's really bad. I'm not even gonna embed it because I'm not that cruel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE65LT3yDFg

Song starts after about a minute of randomness, and the title of the video is wrong. Song is The Greatest Man That Ever Lived by Weezer

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 4:01 PM
There are no 'lyrics' to Visions. It sounds like a man trying to forcefully expel last nights Taco Bell burritos. :ermm:

It's actually a woman. :shy:

edit: I'll post a video.

This is from like a year ago. I'm on drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOIR2bXfRvw&feature=related

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-17, 4:25 PM
You can basically sing whatever you want for talkie songs and it will register as you hitting everything. Also, Visions is sung by a girl.

TabbyKat
2008-12-17, 5:18 PM
I did not know it was a woman singing! :aaa:

I thought it was a guy growling. :ermm:

Tortuga Mañana
2008-12-17, 5:20 PM
Ironically whiplash owns the entire The Cars DLC.

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 5:21 PM
Ironically whiplash owns the entire The Cars DLC.

What's wrong with that :|

I like to let the Good Times Roll.

That is an album though that in retrospect I wish I had just bought like 4 songs from.

Tortuga Mañana
2008-12-17, 5:22 PM
I like everything besides rap and country!

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 5:23 PM
I like everything besides rap and country!

Is The Cars considered country now?

Also I believe I said I didn't like MOST rap. :l There are some artists I enjoy.

Swell
2008-12-17, 5:23 PM
It upsets me that you hate banjo.

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 5:25 PM
TT I bet you'd make fun of me too if I said I hate all Nazis. You'd be like HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE NOT MET EVERY NAZI EVER.

The Jay Cutler Show
2008-12-17, 5:28 PM
The Cars was a legitimately enjoyable album, even though I had not heard any of the songs on it. Plus, it was the only DLC besides Boston that my dad actually played with me on the game.

Rock Band supports family unity

Whiplash
2008-12-17, 5:31 PM
The Cars was a legitimately enjoyable album, even though I had not heard any of the songs on it. Plus, it was the only DLC besides Boston that my dad actually played with me on the game.

Rock Band supports family unity

Congrats TT I guess you're anti family.

TabbyKat
2008-12-18, 2:55 PM
I have to report that I bought a 2 cymbal pack at Gamestop and tried them out yesterday.

My drums are 100&#37; perfect! If there are any missed hits on the drums it is totally due to drummer error. I did an 8-song set (on medium, because I suck on drums) and scored 100% on "She Sells Sanctuary".

I hope to continue working on drums and move into the Hard difficulty soon. :)

Whiplash
2008-12-18, 3:04 PM
Holiday 3 pack next week announced, probably more DLC for next week to be announced tomorrow as well.

The holiday songs:
Barenaked Ladies - Hanukkah Blessings
Billy Squier - Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You
The Pretenders - Blue Christmas

All $1 each or $3 for the pack.

Not too crazy about holiday music in these types of games, but I will be pretty psyched if this means we are getting more Billy Squier and Pretenders later! For $1, too, you can't go wrong.

Lizard Wizard
2008-12-18, 3:15 PM
How do I submit a Battle of the Bands challenge. I want to submit one but I don't see any mechanism to do so on rockband.com >:|

Whiplash
2008-12-18, 10:56 PM
How do I submit a Battle of the Bands challenge. I want to submit one but I don't see any mechanism to do so on rockband.com >:|

All the ones that got picked from me were posted on the SA forums. I guess there's a thread somewhere on the RB forums though too that they check for submission ideas.

If you want I could post it on SA (if you don't have an account) and be like "yo this is a submission from Jason".

SethLovesYou
2008-12-19, 12:44 AM
Holiday 3 pack next week announced, probably more DLC for next week to be announced tomorrow as well.

The holiday songs:

Not too crazy about holiday music in these types of games, but I will be pretty psyched if this means we are getting more Billy Squier and Pretenders later! For $1, too, you can't go wrong.

EXCITING

I'm the opposite and love holiday music in these types of games so I'm very pleased.

2008-12-19, 12:51 AM

The holiday songs:

Not too crazy about holiday music in these types of games, but I will be pretty psyched if this means we are getting more Billy Squier and Pretenders later! For $1, too, you can't go wrong.kinda sucks that they didn't do "2000 miles" for the pretenders holiday song, or really any other BNL holiday songs

SethLovesYou
2008-12-19, 12:52 AM
I would've liked the BNL's version of Jingle Bells. That one sounds so fun to sing.

2008-12-19, 12:54 AM
"deck the stills" would rule

Human
2008-12-19, 1:00 AM
THIS is the Barenaked Ladies song I get? fffuck.

edit: WHILE I AM BITCHING ON THE INTERNET

why have they never put Plush on rockband. STP has sold out every song they ever owned to everyone.